Hey everyone,

Sorry for this dumb question, but does anyone who has upgraded to the latest VZW OS know how to unlock the keyboard after you've locked it using the a/* key? It says to press the lock button to unlock, but holding the same key down doesn't work.

Thanks for your help!
    03-30-10 12:09 PM
    Push the lock key again (upper left corner). This will lock/unlock.
    03-30-10 12:15 PM
    Thanks so much! I never used that lock key with the old OS and just used the A/* key....
    03-30-10 12:22 PM
    are there no lock screens on 5.0? i'm a theme creator and none of my theme's lock screens are showing up.

in 4.7 stock theme it was a little lock icon in the bottom corner.. the screen just turns black now?
    03-30-10 12:23 PM
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for this dumb question, but does anyone who has upgraded to the latest VZW OS know how to unlock the keyboard after you've locked it using the a/* key? It says to press the lock button to unlock, but holding the same key down doesn't work.

Thanks for your help!
    are you serious?
    03-30-10 12:26 PM
    are there no lock screens on 5.0? i'm a theme creator and none of my theme's lock screens are showing up.

in 4.7 stock theme it was a little lock icon in the bottom corner.. the screen just turns black now?
    There is a lock screen in OS 5.0. The particular one you are talking about shows up after you do a password lock. It doesn't show up after a key lock.
    03-30-10 12:27 PM
    are you serious?
    give the guy a break. He's never used that key before. There's no need to get uptight when someone asks a question you already know the answer to.
    03-30-10 12:28 PM
    Thanks so much! I never used that lock key with the old OS and just used the A/* key....
    I switch between A* and the top left key. I'm pretty disappointed that I can't unlock using the A+Dial key anymore.
    03-30-10 01:19 PM
    If you want the lock and standby functions and OS 5.0 use the MTS 5.0.0.419 version, I am and all those features that seem to be a problem with Verizons version is not in this one for me.
    03-30-10 01:26 PM
    There is a lock screen in OS 5.0. The particular one you are talking about shows up after you do a password lock. It doesn't show up after a key lock.

another thread here talks about the lack of the OWNER/INFORMATION screen. the one you can tweak and customize in theme builder.

if my phone locks after 30 seconds (as I've set it too) the screen goes black and if i hit a button i get a new "Keypad is locked. Press the unlock button" message. there used to be a little lock icon too.
    03-30-10 01:26 PM
    another thread here talks about the lack of the OWNER/INFORMATION screen. the one you can tweak and customize in theme builder.

if my phone locks after 30 seconds (as I've set it too) the screen goes black and if i hit a button i get a new "Keypad is locked. Press the unlock button" message. there used to be a little lock icon too.
    That screen is still in the new OS 5.0. Do a password lock and you will be able to see the screen with the owner information on the top left and the lock icon on the bottom right of the screen.
    03-30-10 01:38 PM
    how do you do a password lock? also i just started a thread for keyboard locker actually NOT working on 5.0
    03-30-10 01:49 PM
    how do you do a password lock? also i just started a thread for keyboard locker actually NOT working on 5.0
    to do a password lock, press the 'k' key from within the home screen or select the password lock icon from the home screen.
    03-30-10 09:25 PM
    i am disappointed with 5.0 and not using the * dial key to unlock. the password is a minimum of 4 key strokes. otherwise you can't unlock with one hand by using the *dial key.
    is the only other option to downgrade to 4.6?
    11-12-10 08:53 PM
    i am disappointed with 5.0 and not using the * dial key to unlock. the password is a minimum of 4 key strokes. otherwise you can't unlock with one hand by using the *dial key.
    is the only other option to downgrade to 4.6?
    Are you looking for a keypad lock? If so, you can cuse the lock button on the top of the phone to lock and unlock the keypad.
    11-13-10 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD