i heard you can tell them that you need the code because you travel internationally but im not really sure... any advice would be really helpful.. thanks
    05-22-09 06:20 PM
    As with most carriers, if you tell them that you need to travel internationally and would rather use a prepaid SIM card because their international roaming rates are too expensive, 99% of the time they will give you the code. I've used this excuse numerous amount of times with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile and never had a problem with the rep giving me the code.
    05-22-09 06:21 PM
    Unless centennial changed since I had them all of their phones were unlocked and could be used with any carrier I had a razor I have to a friend and she used it on t mobile without unlocking it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 06:33 PM
    how do you transfer phones? I have a Storm but I want a regular curve for work how do I change it
    05-22-09 06:38 PM
    Unless centennial changed since I had them all of their phones were unlocked and could be used with any carrier I had a razor I have to a friend and she used it on t mobile without unlocking it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just asked a rep via live chat on their site. They said ever since they made the switch from TDMA to GSM, all of the phones since then have been locked to their network.
    05-22-09 06:43 PM
    they was GSM when i used them, about 2 years ago. I just took the sim card out of the T-Mobile phone and put it in the razr, worked fine.
    05-22-09 06:49 PM
    they was GSM when i used them, about 2 years ago. I just took the sim card out of the T-Mobile phone and put it in the razr, worked fine.
    I'm just relaying what I was told. Here's how the conversation went:

You have been connected to Andrew W.
    Andrew W: Hello, thank you for choosing Centennial Live Chat, how may I assist you today?
    Savio: Hi, I have a question about Centennial phones.
    Andrew W: Sure, go ahead please?
    Savio: I know previously all the phones sold by Centennial were unlocked
    Savio: Are the phones currently sold also unlocked as well?
    Andrew W: Unfortunately they are not. With the transfer from the TDMA to GSM service all of the phones are locked to the Centennial network.
    05-22-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD