07-24-14 01:08 PM
389 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Any of us unlockers here can help you unlock your Blackberry in a few minutes. Email us for more info.
    Can someone help me unlock my Torch?
    07-12-11 01:40 AM
    Absolutely we are here to help
    07-13-11 04:05 PM
    Let us know if you need any help to unlock your Blackberry torch, also if you need an unlock code we can help you to get one for a cheap price..

and in general if you have an unlock code to unlock your Blackberry torch and you only want help to unlock it using the code you have then you will need to read the unlock instructions - BlackBerry Torch unlocking isntructions can be found here: UNLOCK BLACKBERRY TORCH (Instructions for Torch Unlocking).

Let me know how can we help you to unlock your Blackberry device.
    07-13-11 08:10 PM
    I have a 9800 torch I used for the last year or so with AT&T, I have a friend in the UK who I would like to unlock and send it to... would there be any problems? Probably on Tesco Mobile.
    07-15-11 02:37 PM
    I have a 9800 torch I used for the last year or so with AT&T, I have a friend in the UK who I would like to unlock and send it to... would there be any problems? Probably on Tesco Mobile.
    No problems at all. We can help you unlock it and once unlocked he will be able to use it there.
    07-15-11 02:57 PM
    Absolutely we are here to help
    I have a BB Torch on AT&T (US).

I went into the local Sprint store, and got a Nextel Sim Card.

When I unlock my Torch from AT&T, and put in the Nextel sim card, will the Torch work at all on the Sprint/Nextel network once I enter the Torch's IMEI Code online at Sprint (I also have a Spring acct, too)?
    Last edited by Extender; 07-15-11 at 11:29 PM. Reason: clarification
    07-15-11 11:27 PM
    I have a BB Torch on AT&T (US).

I went into the local Sprint store, and got a Nextel Sim Card.

When I unlock my Torch from AT&T, and put in the Nextel sim card, will the Torch work at all on the Sprint/Nextel network once I enter the Torch's IMEI Code online at Sprint (I also have a Spring acct, too)?
    No, iDen network only works with iDen compatible device. Which is Nextel=Nextel
    Extender likes this.
    07-16-11 12:08 AM
    No, iDen network only works with iDen compatible device. Which is Nextel=Nextel
    What other US Carriers would a AT&T Torch work with then once it's unlocked?

Thanks
    07-16-11 01:24 AM

Thanks
    T-Mobile is the only other carrier
    Extender likes this.
    07-16-11 09:55 AM

Thanks
    Here's a good way to know. You check the GSM band your phone is compatible here: BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Full phone specifications

And then you can check which bands carriers operate on here:
    GSM Coverage Maps | United States

9800 will work on:
    GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 /800
    Extender likes this.
    07-16-11 10:33 AM
    Here's a good way to know. You check the GSM band your phone is compatible here: BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Full phone specifications

And then you can check which bands carriers operate on here:
    GSM Coverage Maps | United States

9800 will work on:
    GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 /800

Thanks for the quick reply. Bummer though - I was hoping to give it to my youngest kid to use as a phone.

Follow up Q:

If I take out the sim card first, can I unlock my AT&T Torch with your service and then use only the wifi features, but without the phone or other AT&T data services? (so my youngest kid could play games on the old Torch and we can download new stuff via the wifi at home)

I know AT&T will charge for data services if you use them. But if you unlock the Torch first with the sim card out, I would assume AT&T would not have the chance to push a deactivate code - so a unlocked BB Torch could then be used like an Apple Touch.
    07-16-11 06:55 PM
    T-Mobile is the only other carrier
    Can I unlock my AT&T Torch with your service to use only the wifi features, but without the phone or other AT&T data services?

I heard there might be a procedure for this
    07-17-11 11:03 AM
    Wait..you want to use the phone's WIFI...without the phone? Or are you saying you want to use wifi on the phone (ie. get internet and bbm) without getting a data plan?
    Extender likes this.
    07-17-11 10:24 PM

Wait..you want to use the phone's WIFI...without the phone?

Or are you saying you want to use wifi on the phone
    (ie. get internet and bbm) without getting a data plan?

well, I'd say option C: no phone, no data plan, just the Torch using wifi when wifi is in range of course.

my understanding was that if a AT&T Torch was unlocked with the sim card removed, AT&T would not be able to "push" a disable code to the phone and it could be used withOUT data plan or phone plan in place.

IOW, the Torch could still hook up to the internet via wifi, but it would remain off the AT&T network with the sim card gone once it was unlocked
    07-18-11 01:53 AM
    So basically you wanted to use the Torch as a tablet type of device?

Unlocking the phone has nothing to do with the wifi piece. So regardless of if its unlocked, you would have the same functionality

Regarding wifi, you can use the wifi on the phone to get internet with or without a sim, but you won't get bbm or push email because both of those come through RIM's server so without a plan you wouldn't have access to that

Hope that clears it up for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Extender likes this.
    07-18-11 10:12 AM
    Can I unlock my AT&T Torch with your service to use only the wifi features, but without the phone or other AT&T data services?

I heard there might be a procedure for this
    Unlocking will not help you. Are you able to use your 9800 now with no SIM on Wi-fi?
    07-18-11 06:33 PM
    I'm looking to unlock my ATT Torch because I'm going to be in Canada for a while in the near future. I have some questions and would appreciate some input since I'm not savvy about the process.

1. I'm assuming I will be getting a new phone number when I purchase a pre-paid SIM card by the local provider, correct?
    2. Will I lose all of the "personalizations" I've made to my phone?
    3. What about apps that I have added to my phone? Will those go away?
    4. Does anyone have info on what Canadian provider's system would be compatible with my ATT phone?
    Sure we can unlock your bb torch using an instant IMEI unlock code generated directly from the blackberry server, so unlock blackberry torch and enjoy its benefit.
    07-20-11 12:50 PM
    The forum is full of providers that can help you...feel free to contact if you have any questions...
    07-20-11 09:34 PM
    Yes it is
    07-22-11 06:42 PM
    Hi. Just wondering how long it takes for an order to be fulfilled..
    I made the order about over half an hour ago.

Thanks!
    08-06-11 09:09 PM
    Hi. Just wondering how long it takes for an order to be fulfilled..
    I made the order about over half an hour ago.

Thanks!
    Please let us know if you received the unlock code and how it went.
    08-06-11 11:26 PM
    also waiting for an unlock code, i sent a follow-up email just after the confirmation email was sent to me. Thanks!
    08-11-11 06:59 PM
    also waiting for an unlock code, i sent a follow-up email just after the confirmation email was sent to me. Thank!
    What's your order number we will check it, it might of went to spam.
    08-11-11 07:01 PM
    sorry forgot to include it..its 104492, it was sent through a university email, so maybe it went to spam.
    08-11-11 07:06 PM
    sorry forgot to include it..its 104492, it was sent through a university email, so maybe it went to spam.
    Please check your Crackberry inbox, we are sending you a PM now.
    08-11-11 07:08 PM
389 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD