I recently received a blackberry curve 8530 on koodo and, as I already own a blackberry on a different provider, I was wondering if I could unlock it to give as a gift to my fiance in Argentina to use (as BBM is really great for communicating). Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry if this isn't the appropriate section.
    09-29-11 07:30 PM
    The 8530 is a CDMA device and cannot be unlocked.
    09-30-11 12:12 AM
    one of the few blackberry's that cannot be unlocked unfortunately!
    09-30-11 04:37 AM
    I recently received a blackberry curve 8530 on koodo and, as I already own a blackberry on a different provider, I was wondering if I could unlock it to give as a gift to my fiance in Argentina to use (as BBM is really great for communicating). Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry if this isn't the appropriate section.
    Only devices with sim cards that are GSM or HSPA can be unlocked. The 8530 is CDMA and is serialized with an ESN that gets registered on the network. If it was the Curve 9300 then it would be a different story.
    09-30-11 08:29 AM
    it cannot be unlocked however, it maybe able to be flashed and used on a new provider. If you get the SPC code for it, and have it flashed in Argentina with a CDMA provider.
    10-02-11 09:21 AM
    CDMA unlocking is possible but no GSM unlocking, will not get the benefits of switching sim cards.
    But still can be done if your carrier will support a device from another carrier.
    10-03-11 07:44 PM
    Hi,
    You can unlock your Blackberry curve Mobile using MEP codes from the site Wickedunlock.com .They are cheap and reliable.I unlocked my HTC mobile in this site.They gave me full customer support.So I suggest you to view this site to unlock your BB 8530
    Please quit posting false information.

The 8530 cannot be unlocked. It is a CDMA device.
    08-16-12 04:50 PM
    He's a spammer that's why ..
    08-16-12 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD