Hey Everyone,

Great News! Rogers just released the Blackberry Bold 9900 and Bell/Telus are expected to follow in the coming days and hopefully AT&T soon

We are getting a lot of emails/Pm's asking if we can unlock them already and the answer is YES!

We want to let you know that any of them can be unlocked.

Regardless of the provider your Blackberry 9900 comes from, it can still be unlocked and used with any other GSM carrier.

Let us know if you need any help unlocking your Blackberry or if you have any questions.

Enjoy your Blackberry Blackberry 9900!
    SlickBassPlaya likes this.
    08-10-11 01:43 PM
    We are getting a lot of requests for the unlocking instructions so we will post them here as well:

How to enter unlock code Blackberry Bold 9900/9930 Unlocking Instructions:

1-Power the phone with a non-allowed SIM card and you will be prompted to enter the code.
    or
    1- Go to Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/Sim Card
    2-Type the letters "mepd" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing). You should see the Personalization screen
    3-Type "mep [alt button] 2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing). You should be prompted for the code. If you are not prompter for the code, Press and Hold the ALT key and type MEP2.
    4- Enter code when prompted
    5-We always recommend to do a Battery pull after unlocking your Blackberry Bold 9900
    archpopoy likes this.
    08-16-11 08:36 PM
    Thanks for the useful post not like some others.
    08-16-11 10:26 PM
    You're welcome Using the 9900 yet?
    08-17-11 08:44 AM
    We are getting a lot of requests for the unlocking instructions so we will post them here as well:

How to enter unlock code Blackberry Bold 9900/9930 Unlocking Instructions:

1-Power the phone with a non-allowed SIM card and you will be prompted to enter the code.
    or
    1- Go to Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/Sim Card
    2-Type the letters "mepd" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing). You should see the Personalization screen
    3-Type "mep [alt button] 2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing). You should be prompted for the code. If you are not prompter for the code, Press and Hold the ALT key and type MEP2.
    4- Enter code when prompted
    5-We always recommend to do a Battery pull after unlocking your Blackberry Bold 9900
    I have unlocked several phones and this is the first time I had to do this.

Thanks for the tip!

Cheers!
    08-17-11 10:01 AM
    Yes looks like a Blackberry 7 new issue
    08-17-11 10:45 AM
    really helpful post....
    08-17-11 11:58 AM
    Great post cellunlock,

Very useful tip

Cheers!
    08-17-11 02:40 PM
    Thanks, always here to help others
    08-17-11 03:45 PM
    You're welcome Using the 9900 yet?
    You got it.. Love the feel of it ...
    08-17-11 11:17 PM
    Yes, it is the best Blackberry ever made.
    08-18-11 09:14 AM
    Thanks for sharing.. great post
    08-19-11 04:17 PM
    You're welcome.
    08-19-11 06:28 PM
    Hello,

New guy here. I have a Bold 9900 locked on Vodafone UK. Can this be unlocked ? My contract's on O2. Also ...as far as i know the Voda Screen Logo is part of the phone's software, right ? Was hoping I can remove that ...or it's just a screensaver? Any tips will help !

Great forum ! Been a BBerry user since 2008 and loved it .

Kind regards
    11-18-11 02:23 PM
    You can definately unlock it but you cannot remove the vodafone splash screen
    11-18-11 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD