Can anybody tell me how to unlock a blackberry 8310 for AT&T. I'm new to the blackberry world. Thanks
    04-02-08 12:04 AM
    You first need to get an unlock code, but the process is:

Settings
    Options
    Advanced Options
    SIM Card
    HOLD ALTkey while typing MEPE (no text will appear)
    It will pop up a box saying: Enter Network MEP Code
    type your code, and press the trackball.
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 04-02-08 at 12:11 AM.
    04-02-08 12:08 AM
    From what I hear if you call up at&t and tell them that you travel internationally and ask them if they can supply you with the unlock code for your device. Alternatively there are services I believe that will do it for a fee. Try heading over to the 83XX forum there should be a sticky there about the steps to unlocking your phone.

And welcome to crackberry. Get used to it I've been a member for a month and already have the theoretical RIM belt tied around my arm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 12:10 AM
    And get your unlock code from your carrier for free, or purchase from a vendor, such as HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center
    04-02-08 12:11 AM
    you dont need to pay money for the unlock code
    unless maybe you are a new att customer
    theres an international customer service number you can call but i dont know what it is...
    t-mo sent me the code in 2 days after i sent them an email explaining i was travelling internationally
    this is the easiest way
    04-02-08 12:38 AM
    Just concluded a lengthy call with their customer service, and they will NOT provide me the unlock code unless I add "international roaming" to my plan for an additional monthly fee of $5.99. I have been with them for several years, and they were adamant.
    01-05-10 06:52 PM
    We can unlock it for you let us know. We will match the $5.99 a one time fee
    01-05-10 07:23 PM
    I have the 16 digit code from at&t. Followed the instruction giving to me by the at&t rep, when I put the code in and press the trackball it tells me there is an error. Was told that I need to use an active SIM card. Have tried it with an active and unactice card; both get the same result. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    01-26-10 01:17 PM
    I have the 16 digit code from at&t. Followed the instruction giving to me by the at&t rep, when I put the code in and press the trackball it tells me there is an error. Was told that I need to use an active SIM card. Have tried it with an active and unactice card; both get the same result. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    How many tries do you have left? The code can also be wrong. DM or Email us your IMEI and Code given and we will check it for you.
    01-26-10 04:35 PM
    You can always add the International Roaming Feature, get your code. Then call back to have the feature taken off and you will not be billed anything.
    01-26-10 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD