[QUOTE=cellunlocknet;4737267] It's normal for the phone not to work with a Rogers SIM card, because the 8830's GSM portion of the phone will only work overseas.

That's interesting. My impression was that the 8830 would work on any GSM network anywhere...

So, if I decided to switch networks in Canada, i would need to get a new phone, I couldn't simply use the SIM slot for another network? The reason I ask is because I have a second 8830 with bell (not active on any contract at the moment) and wanted to give to to my girlfriend to use, but she wants to use another network...

Thanks again for your help!
    02-25-10 03:51 PM
    [QUOTE=cellunlocknet;4737267] It's normal for the phone not to work with a Rogers SIM card, because the 8830's GSM portion of the phone will only work overseas.

That's interesting. My impression was that the 8830 would work on any GSM network anywhere...

So, if I decided to switch networks in Canada, i would need to get a new phone, I couldn't simply use the SIM slot for another network? The reason I ask is because I have a second 8830 with bell (not active on any contract at the moment) and wanted to give to to my girlfriend to use, but she wants to use another network...

Thanks again for your help!
    Unfortunately will not work on Canadian carriers. You will only be able to use it overseas on GSM. The phone's GSM capabilities are not compatible with North Americans GSM frequencies.
    02-25-10 03:53 PM
    Exactly as stated above 8830 will only work with GSM carriers overseas. It is dual band, not quad or tri-band.
    02-25-10 04:07 PM
    I went into the sim advanced options on my new 8520, and it says disabled, but putting in my wife's sim from another carrier it wants to have an unlock code.
    03-13-10 05:51 PM
    I went into the sim advanced options on my new 8520, and it says disabled, but putting in my wife's sim from another carrier it wants to have an unlock code.
    After typing mepd what does it completely say.
    03-13-10 05:58 PM
    Does Network say Disabled?
    03-13-10 05:59 PM
    Does Network say Disabled?
    That's where it is! it's network locked. Not that it's a big deal, I was reading thread upon thread, and read this one and it stumped me lol

Thanks guys!
    03-13-10 09:42 PM
    Just need to get a unlock code now
    03-13-10 09:45 PM
    Just need to get a unlock code now
    Yup, I do like my phones being unlocked. Last couple have been. I'll probably wait a bit and call my provider and ask them for it.
    03-13-10 09:55 PM
    Yup, I do like my phones being unlocked. Last couple have been. I'll probably wait a bit and call my provider and ask them for it.
    Alrighty good luck
    03-13-10 10:05 PM
    Yes always convenient to have them unlocked in case you decide a last minute trip or decide to upgrade and sell your phone.
    03-14-10 05:03 PM
    I have the new BB Pearl 9100 on Bell and got an unlock code online. The code was accepted by the phone.
    I tried putting in a rogers sim, but it phone wants an unlock code for it
    This is what I see in the sim menu (with my bell sim in) after pressing MEPPD:
    SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Active
    Corporate Disabled
    Phone Number: (It shows my number)

So is the phone unlocked or not? Or do I need to get that Service Provider one disabled as well?
    07-21-10 10:51 PM
    I have the new BB Pearl 9100 on Bell and got an unlock code online. The code was accepted by the phone.
    I tried putting in a rogers sim, but it phone wants an unlock code for it
    This is what I see in the sim menu (with my bell sim in) after pressing MEPPD:
    SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Active
    Corporate Disabled
    Phone Number: (It shows my number)

So is the phone unlocked or not? Or do I need to get that Service Provider one disabled as well?
    You need the SP Lock Code as well. The company who you bought the unlock code from should of given you the SP lock as well.
    07-21-10 11:01 PM
    They should have gave you two codes nit just one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 11:04 PM
    Thanks, I will check with them!
    07-21-10 11:04 PM
    Thanks, I will check with them!
    No problem..if they don't let us know and we can help you.
    07-21-10 11:05 PM
    Ok, I got the unlock code for the service provider, but I can't get the prompt to show up to enter the code..
    I enter meppd and then get to the screen that shows the diabled/active stuff, but entering mepp4 doesnt do anything.. And they arent very helpfull
    07-21-10 11:24 PM
    Ok, I got the unlock code for the service provider, but I can't get the prompt to show up to enter the code..
    I enter meppd and then get to the screen that shows the diabled/active stuff, but entering mepp4 doesnt do anything.. And they arent very helpfull
    The sequence is MEP (ALT) 4 (you need to press twice on the P key to get a P)
    07-21-10 11:34 PM
    I tried that, but nothing came up.. BUT I did manage to enter the code.. I just put in a SIM card from a different provider it it asked me for the code

All is well now.. thanks again for your help!
    07-21-10 11:50 PM
    I tried that, but nothing came up.. BUT I did manage to enter the code.. I just put in a SIM card from a different provider it it asked me for the code

All is well now.. thanks again for your help!
    Great! Always a pleasure.
    07-21-10 11:55 PM
    Are you all good now then?
    07-23-10 05:36 PM
    hey mine is saying Unknown under all. what does this mean?
    keeping in mind that the tour is from USA and i am not in Australia.

thanks

07-28-10 07:54 AM
    okay so i put in my sim and under network it says active but the rest say disabled. so its unlocked.
    looking through different threads i have been trying to find how to find the MEP. is this a number or something. newbie 101

07-28-10 08:15 AM
    I have Network Subset Active and when inserting the sim it always ask me for MEP to unlock. What can i do? From where i bought the unlock codes he gave me MEP2 and MEP4. Hope anyone could help me out.

Thanks
    07-28-10 08:21 AM
    You probably didn't enter one or the other.
    07-28-10 08:11 PM
102 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD