11-01-14 04:31 AM
102 1234 ...
tools
    I need to network unlock my 8300 but don't have the money to can anybody help 355772-01-241902-9
    Sorry we don't get access to the copdes for free and must be purchased.

you may not. i'm not familiar with CDMA curves. do they even have sim card slots?
    CDMA Curves do have sim card slots, Sorry.

I think you got scammed! There is no way to unlock a device remotely via a network or anything like that. You either will need an unlock code specific to your IMEI, or you can send your phone to an unlocking company and they will connect your device to their computer and get the unlock code via a special program that they have. Did the people that you purchased the code from ask for your IMEI number, your device model, and your PIN? If not, then you got hosed my friend. Sorry, but you will need to get the code from ATT or from a reputable unlock service.
    No he didn't all codes from unlockers are deemed "Unlocked Remote via IMEI" it's a common term to not be confused by remoting into a pc.
    11-22-09 03:34 PM
    CDMA Curves do have sim card slots, Sorry.
    Really? Which model of CDMA Blackberry curve currently carried by VZW or Sprint has a SIM slot that would enable it on a GSM network? I had a curve for quite some time (8330) and it has nothing of the sort.... I thought only the GSM carriers had BB Curves with SIM slots.
    Last edited by adambigge; 01-13-10 at 05:44 PM.
    01-13-10 05:42 PM
    There are none

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 05:46 PM
    Really? Which model of CDMA Blackberry curve currently carried by VZW or Sprint has a SIM slot that would enable it on a GSM network? I had a curve for quite some time (8330) and it has nothing of the sort.... I thought only the GSM carriers had BB Curves with SIM slots.
    None of the current ones have...might be what we see next roll out from Waterloo
    01-13-10 09:32 PM
    Was wondering this too thanks for asking the question Bill
    01-13-10 09:37 PM
    my storm is unlocked but i want to upgrade from 4.7 to the new v5.0 which i heard is better.hope dat wont make my storm locked again annd aany links on how to do it.
    01-21-10 04:06 PM
    my storm is unlocked but i want to upgrade from 4.7 to the new v5.0 which i heard is better.hope dat wont make my storm locked again annd aany links on how to do it.
    No don't worry. Blackberry unlocking is permanent and your Blackberry will never relock even if you upgrade the OS or wipe the handheld.
    01-21-10 04:08 PM
    Tanks celluloknet.really appreciate it.
    any links on how to upgrade itas i just bought it.
    is v5.0 really better for storm 9500?
    any other info will b appreciated
    01-21-10 04:15 PM
    Checkout some of the threads related to the various OS's. Lots of people report their pro's and con's to certain os versions. Personally, I was surprised when I saw how many people spent so much time on OS talk
    01-21-10 04:17 PM
    Tanks celluloknet.really appreciate it.
    any links on how to upgrade itas i just bought it.
    is v5.0 really better for storm 9500?
    any other info will b appreciated
    You're welcome!

Here is a nice guide on how to upgrade: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

Which carrier is your Blackberry from?
    01-21-10 04:19 PM
    was from vodafone u.k before i unlocked it.
    tanks once again
    01-21-10 04:24 PM
    was from vodafone u.k before i unlocked it.
    tanks once again
    Here you go, this one seems to be good

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ne...-425-a-383708/
    01-21-10 04:29 PM
    ok so i should go with d steps in d link u suggested
    cos some of d cmments w erent encouraging.
    wat if i go thru blackberry directly
    tanks
    01-21-10 04:44 PM
    ok so i should go with d steps in d link u suggested
    cos some of d cmments w erent encouraging.
    wat if i go thru blackberry directly
    tanks
    Yes you can, that's the way we do it as well. Everyone can have their opinion on OS, a lot is to consider, Network, model etc...
    01-21-10 04:48 PM
    we need a bit of help guys. followed all steps to upgrade my unlocked vodafone storm using my laptop with d http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ne...-425-a-383708/ software but wen i get to picking d software and 'next' to just start update.it tells me i need to v an operational blackberry service to do so.
    01-22-10 02:51 PM
    Where does it say that?
    01-22-10 02:59 PM
    in d desktop manager.i folloewd d steps in d link u gav me.update software
    i see d softwware althou it says only active blackberry subscribers can use it.and it asks me to go back or next which i pick next and den it shows it as update summary.
    no more next to clik to update
    01-22-10 03:19 PM
    in d desktop manager.i folloewd d steps in d link u gav me.update software
    i see d softwware althou it says only active blackberry subscribers can use it.and it asks me to go back or next which i pick next and den it shows it as update summary.
    no more next to clik to update
    Did you delete the Vendor.xml file before attempting to update it?
    01-22-10 03:21 PM
    nope.how do i do dat
    01-22-10 03:22 PM
    To install a OS update from a different carrier you have to delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\VENDOR.XML first.
    01-22-10 03:36 PM
    actualy did dat but stil cant see d next button to finally updte.only to main menu and back
    sorry 4 d disturbance
    01-22-10 03:42 PM
    i actually did dat but still only d main menu and back options available.no next option.
    sory 4 all d disturbance
    01-22-10 03:48 PM
    Hey, I'm a new user of the Blackberry and I currently have an 8830 which I need to unlock so that I may use it when traveling overseas, etc. While Bell Canada told me it was already, I am pretty sure it isn't as I tried it with a Rogers SIM card and discovered it did not function. I did the options SIM card thing, but since my phone works with both CDMA (which it functions on with Bell) and GSM, all I get is "unknown" showing up under network. Is there another way for me to figure out if it is unlocked?

Secondly, if it needs to be unlocked, where is the best place to get it done? There are so many different places online that offer different rates and I am rather confused... I just want to make sure it is done and ready to go without any hassles before I take off on my next business trip....

Any help? Thanks everyone!
    02-25-10 03:33 PM
    Hey, I'm a new user of the Blackberry and I currently have an 8830 which I need to unlock so that I may use it when traveling overseas, etc. While Bell Canada told me it was already, I am pretty sure it isn't as I tried it with a Rogers SIM card and discovered it did not function. I did the options SIM card thing, but since my phone works with both CDMA (which it functions on with Bell) and GSM, all I get is "unknown" showing up under network. Is there another way for me to figure out if it is unlocked?

Secondly, if it needs to be unlocked, where is the best place to get it done? There are so many different places online that offer different rates and I am rather confused... I just want to make sure it is done and ready to go without any hassles before I take off on my next business trip....

Any help? Thanks everyone!
    Some Bell 8830 are already unlocked even though it sayes Active. It's normal for the phone not to work with a Rogers SIM card, because the 8830's GSM portion of the phone will only work overseas.

The best would be to try it when you get to destination and if it doesn't work, any of us unlockers here can help you unlock it.
    02-25-10 03:35 PM
    Go to options>advanced options>SIM card and type mepd. If it is unlocked you will see SIM disabled.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-25-10 03:37 PM
102 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD