My storm1 just broke and recently was replaced (for free, you rock verizon) with a storm2. I don't really care for the new screen as the clicking is really loud, and it seems a bit sluggish when I text (i am usually at least two characters ahead of my phone) but these are just minor inconveniences. I love the wifi and increased on board memory.

Anyway, I always have a password for my storm, and I set it with my new storm2. When I pressed the lock button on my storm1, it would lock the phone as requested but require a password to unlock even if 2 seconds later.

With my storm2, I can press lock and unlock it without a password even though one is set. When a certain amount of time passes it will require a password to unlock, though. How do I change this amount of time to be instantaneous? I would like my storm2 to require a password to unlock even if I just hit the lock button 2 seconds prior.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    01-01-11 09:21 PM
    I'm not sure, it has been a while since I used the password feature but if you go to password in options. (been a while since I've used os5) You can edit your time delay to your liking. (On os 6, you can set it to a minimum of 1 minute)

If that doesn't help you, you should find a lock on your home screen that you can press and that uses your password and locks your phone without a time delay. It is a bit inconvenient to have to press that every time if you want to lock it every time.
    01-01-11 09:27 PM
    BB is right, if you want the Storm2 to lock on hitting the lock on top you need a 3rd party lock app, and set it to lock immediately on screen dim (the lock button does this thereby activating the app). The Storm2 originally had the password lock by button but was removed in OS .451 (leaked). Now all it does is shut off the screen so that it doesn't accidentally get pressed. With the native lock you can set it to lock after one minute by itself, or activate it by button on the homescreen as well as instant lock into holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 02:07 AM
    Yup. And the newer Storm 1 OSes do the same thing, so it isn't just a Storm2 issue. I guess it was just a feature change by RIM.
    01-02-11 11:57 AM
    Ahhh ok thank you everyone for the information. I set my left side convenience key to activate the password lock feature. Guess I'll just have to remember to hit that instead of the regular lock button.

Thanks again!
    01-03-11 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD