Hi guys,

I'm a first time Blackberry user; starting off with the BB torch.

I was just wondering if there was anyway to lock my phone using the button at the top, so that when I unlock it using that button again, the password menu pops up asking me to enter it in.

Now I didn't necessarily use the Bold, but if I recall from experience I remember that Bold users were able to just press the lock button and that when they unlock it, the 4 digit password would come up automatically.

The thing with the Torch is even though I lock it, and I unlock it, my password isn't required.. And I don't really want to assign the convenience key for the password function either.

Any way around this? Thanks
    10-18-10 01:53 AM
    Have you tried going into Options/Security/Password ? This should activate the password lock after the selected idle time limit. Set the "lock after:" setting to the lowest if you want the lock to be activated sooner after pressing lock button.
    10-18-10 02:29 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm a first time Blackberry user; starting off with the BB torch.

I was just wondering if there was anyway to lock my phone using the button at the top, so that when I unlock it using that button again, the password menu pops up asking me to enter it in.

Now I didn't necessarily use the Bold, but if I recall from experience I remember that Bold users were able to just press the lock button and that when they unlock it, the 4 digit password would come up automatically.

The thing with the Torch is even though I lock it, and I unlock it, my password isn't required.. And I don't really want to assign the convenience key for the password function either.

Any way around this? Thanks
    Once you activate pasword lock in settings, an icon will appear called password lock. I have added this to favourites on my Torch so all I have to do is scroll across and press it to password lock my phone. Almost as easy as pressing the button on top.
    10-18-10 03:36 AM
    If you're really wanting to use the top 'lock' button, you can use an app called PatternLock. I think you have to get the paid version in order to use the lock button, but it's only a couple of bucks and it's a great app. It's getting really good reviews from the CB community.
    Last edited by cestlavie77; 10-19-10 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Typo
    10-18-10 07:38 AM
    If you're really wanting to use the top 'lock' button, you can use an app called PasswordLock. I think you have to get the paid version in order to use the lock button, but it's only a couple of bucks and it's a great app. It's getting really good reviews from the CB community.
    Do you have the exact name of the app? I tried doing a search for it and was unsuccessful locating it.
    10-18-10 09:46 AM
    your other option, which I use, is to program the convenience button on the side to password lock the phone.
    10-18-10 01:17 PM
    Do you have the exact name of the app? I tried doing a search for it and was unsuccessful locating it.
    Okay... I must have been having a "moment" lol

It's called PatternLock... not passwordlock... sheesh! I think I need to increase my morning coffee consumption! Here's the link: PatternLock - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

PatternLock is a great app... instead of typing out a password, you make your own "pattern" for the touchscreen to unlock it. Much easier than using a password. And if you buy the full app, you can customize it to use the mute button at the top. Works like a charm and well worth the $.

Sorry for posting the wrong app name... I have both on my device. Going to edit my earlier post.
    Last edited by cestlavie77; 10-19-10 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added link
    10-19-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD