10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 56789 ...
tools
    You have to have a Verizon account and must be registered to Verizon.
    01-06-09 07:14 PM
    Ok i am going to unlock the Storm for my friend and was wonder if i will be able to use my at&t sim while i am trying to get it unlocked and once i know it works will he be able to just put in his T-mobile sim?
    Once it's unlocked you should be able to use it on either carrier. Now the trick is getting it unlocked. Good luck.
    01-06-09 07:21 PM
    Once it's unlocked you should be able to use it on either carrier. Now the trick is getting it unlocked. Good luck.
    Ok thank you, it doesnt seem that hard to get it unlocked. Just download a few files upload some files to the phone and get a code
    01-06-09 07:40 PM
    thanks guys it really works i was able to get a code and i'm not even with verizon pretty cool
    01-06-09 07:43 PM
    Took me under 8 minutes with Verizon..rep also answered my questions patiently. Thank you for the info.
    01-09-09 04:00 PM
    Hi to all of my fellow crackberry members, I am new to this sight but not to the blackberry and I must say I am very impressed with everybody's knowledge; which is why I am confident that with this little problem I have with my New Blackberry Storm, that someone will be able to help me!!! I am not a Verizon customer, so I need to get my phone unlocked so I can use this gorgeous thing, the person I bought it from tried to get it unlocked and were told that they have a new law that the phone has to be active on an account for 60 days before they will unlock it, so these nice people couldn't do it for me, does anybody have any advice on how I can get it unlocked without paying some service $40-$60 to do it??????
    Thank you very much (ahead of time!)
    01-09-09 06:01 PM
    I have unlocked hundreds of storms since day one. VZW has put the hammer down on giving out codes. You must have an account in good standing for at least 60 days and now they will only let you unlock one storm every 10 months. I know I sell unlock codes and I called global support everyday 5 hrs a day for2 months getting codes for my custmers and I saw each week as more and more requests came in they got tighter and tighter. I now have software doing it all.
    Good luck trying with no account getting codes from VZW I gave them all the overseas travel,working, stationed BS and they wont give out.
    Mickrg@comcast.net
    01-09-09 08:28 PM
    Getting unlocked not a problem these guys will get you code sometimes less then an hour and cheap Ask for a crackberry discount
    UNLOCK BB STORM AND MOST CELL PHONES FOR ALL CARRIERS - eBay (item 180317689440 end time Jan-11-09 10:54:25 PST)
    01-09-09 08:33 PM
    Nice thread - I rang the number - guy walked me through the unlock process with no problem!

Thanks!
    01-09-09 09:13 PM
    does the storm need to be on an active line to unlock it? I switched back to my curve and I'm going to sell the storm but it goes for more if it's unlocked it looks like. I don't want to have to switch it to my number again to unlock then switch back.

When you call that # is it from the storm you call or from any phone? Could I call on my curve and do the procedures with the storm even tho it's not hooked to the verizon network currently?

Thanks
    01-10-09 04:22 PM
    I just called them and asked them to my phone for use overseas and they didn't give me a code or instruct me to do anything. Yet she said everything is set and ready. Does this mean my phone is unlocked? or would I have to call back and get a specific code?
    01-11-09 11:39 AM
    I just called them and asked them to my phone for use overseas and they didn't give me a code or instruct me to do anything. Yet she said everything is set and ready. Does this mean my phone is unlocked? or would I have to call back and get a specific code?
    Yes. You need a specific code and then have to unlock it yourself. There was a post detailing the procedure for unlocking it.
    01-11-09 12:43 PM
    nope.....sounds like you shouldn't have the Storm in the first place....
    01-12-09 05:09 PM
    Ok i am going to unlock the Storm for my friend and was wonder if i will be able to use my at&t sim while i am trying to get it unlocked and once i know it works will he be able to just put in his T-mobile sim? I am planning to use my moms verison plan to prove to them that i am with them
    I have done 100s you need to have VZW sim card in while doing unlock after code accepted then swap sim cards change to gsm then your ready to go.
    01-12-09 05:14 PM
    anyone know how to get around the authorization? my mom is the account holder and i dont want her to know im lying to VZW to unlock my phone. is there any way around that?

Go to VZW account online activate storm phone on a phone line. Call Globel support tell them you want unlocked. Once they give you code go back in put click activate phone then activate original phone
    01-12-09 05:21 PM
    does the storm need to be on an active line to unlock it? I switched back to my curve and I'm going to sell the storm but it goes for more if it's unlocked it looks like. I don't want to have to switch it to my number again to unlock then switch back.

When you call that # is it from the storm you call or from any phone? Could I call on my curve and do the procedures with the storm even tho it's not hooked to the verizon network currently?

Thanks
    No does not need to be activated how much you want for it?
    Last edited by ngreen; 01-13-09 at 12:29 PM.
    01-12-09 05:24 PM
    You need a 16 didgit unlock code they are telling you sim is active for overseas roaming on VZW network
    Problem getting code let me know mickrg@comcast.net
    01-12-09 05:30 PM
    Will someone please email him so he will stop posting his email information.
    01-12-09 05:44 PM
    how do you know if it worked? i called and they gave me the code and it was accepted but all the options under the SIM card menu are still all the same. Am i unlocked?
    01-12-09 11:23 PM
    I also have mine unlocked and it says Active as well so I don't know if its actually unlocked or is the Storm is different from other BlackBerry's.

Same here. Unlocked my phone but when checke according to above it says "active" next to the Network line. I have the VZW sim card in when I checked it.
    01-12-09 11:56 PM
    Just unlocked the Storm and now it's already on ebay thanks guys for the awesome direct phone number!
    01-13-09 10:31 AM
    I can get codes have done 100s email mickrg@comcast.net live support:
    And you charge as well right? Theres no need to spam with your email address in every post. You can add your email address in your USER CP profile. If people want to contact you, they'll either PM you or they'll contact you through your profile.
    VZW Is not giving out codes to anyone who calls and says I wanting to use overseas. You now have to have account for 60 days in good standing and then one unlock every 10 months.

If you need codes email mickrg@comcast.net
    Wrong. I got 5 unlock codes in 2 months. I got 2 of them yesterday. I tell them I am going away on a business trip and my company has their own overseas SIM card. They look into my account to see which Storm is registered and gives me the code.
    how do you know if it worked? i called and they gave me the code and it was accepted but all the options under the SIM card menu are still all the same. Am i unlocked?
    There is no way to know. If you entered the 16 digit code and it was accepted, its UNLOCKED. Only way to know is by inserting the GSM Sim card.

Whether your phone is locked or unlocked, it will have the same information under SIM card. Even if it says INACTIVE under network, it will go back to ACTIVE after a reboot or automatically. I know because I was curious myself and found out by looking at my locked Storm...than looking at my unlocked Storm and testing it with a GSM card.
    01-13-09 10:42 AM
    Thanks for the excellent information. I have unlocked my phone and it said accepeted after I entered the 16 digit number. Whe I put in a SIM Card yesterday at an AT&T store and put the phone in GSM mode, there was an SOS next to the antenna symbol and Sim Card rejected on the top of the phone. I tied it with an old Cingular SIM and same thing happened. Tried battery pull and same thing. Any ideas?
    01-13-09 11:37 AM
    Thanks for the excellent information. I have unlocked my phone and it said accepeted after I entered the 16 digit number. Whe I put in a SIM Card yesterday at an AT&T store and put the phone in GSM mode, there was an SOS next to the antenna symbol and Sim Card rejected on the top of the phone. I tied it with an old Cingular SIM and same thing happened. Tried battery pull and same thing. Any ideas?
    No idea. I dont AT&T myself so I borrowed my coworkers AT&T sim card. She doesnt have a blackberry...just a normal phone. Once I got the unlock code, I entered it, got the CODE ACCEPTED message. I then set the network to GSM. I turned phone off, removed battery, swapped sim cards and re-inserted battery. Once phone was turned back on, it automatically locked onto AT&T.

I did this on my old Storm that is being replaced and my new one (Canada). Both worked with no problem. I have a second new storm (Mexico) that has not been unlocked yet. I'm going to end up selling the Canada one on eBay.

Try doing a search on other UNLOCK/UNLOCKED threads and see what other people have done to try and fix it.
    01-13-09 11:45 AM
    After code is accepted you need to put new sim card in reboot. Turn on network connection then go to mobile network and change to gsm/umts. You can now make a call
    01-13-09 11:46 AM
2,692 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD