10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 45678 ...
tools
    i got my unlock code on ebay from swiftsales714 and got it within 4 hours.
    12-30-08 07:41 PM
    i called verizon and they asked for a my number but im not a verizon customer? what do i do.. or what do i say to unlock my phone?
    12-31-08 03:24 PM
    i need help i cant unlock my bb storm and i called but im not a verizon customer... wat do i need to ssay?
    12-31-08 04:30 PM
    edit, ooops wrong thread...
    12-31-08 04:50 PM
    Thanxs Dude
    01-01-09 12:07 AM
    they have released the code all you have to do is call 1-888-844-0395 have a great day stormers this is my first trend!!!!!
    can i9 unlock my blackberry if i havent activated it on the VZW network yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 02:52 AM
    PLEASE HELP! I have a storm and they won't give me the unlock code. Can some one please call for me and or some how get my code for me? This is my IMEI: 359483.02.075026.6 I would be sooooo happy if some one could help me out.. Will i be able to use 3g on att sim? and possibly walk me through the steps to unlock the storm..
    01-01-09 02:03 PM
    do i need to change the software with bold software? i read that on another thread... or something
    01-01-09 02:06 PM
    i called verizon and they asked for a my number but im not a verizon customer? what do i do.. or what do i say to unlock my phone?
    They will not give a non-customer the unlock code.

Fo you and everyone else who want their Storms unlocked, contact HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center or click the link in my signature. They are a great company. Quick and very professional.
    01-01-09 02:27 PM
    So, my question is this...for those legitimately wanting to unlock for overseas travel obviously you're a VZW customer and just don't want to incur the roaming charges. That's fine. But for those creaming their jeans so they can use other network sim cards, did you pay full retail for your Storms and not a promo price for re-upping a contract? I only ask because of an earlier post stating something to the effect of "taking back control of whats ours, our phones..etc" and "I paid for it, it's mine". Well, only technically is it yours if you signed the service contract which is why you got a promo price which is why when you break your contract people like me who are loyal customers get 'effed over in having to pay more in increased fees, etc...kinda like insurance fraud. However if you paid full retail for it, God bless ya and more power to you because then and only then is it your phone.

/rant
    01-01-09 03:08 PM
    Does the screen say sim security disabled when you succesfully unlock the storm?
    01-01-09 04:24 PM
    I got the code with no problem, and VZW could not have been more helpful. But then could not get the phone to accept the code. The reason?

No one mentioned that after you enter the code string, you must hit ENTER to send it.

Intuitive? Mebbe. But when I am messing with the operating system, I don't hit random keys (not even the ENTER key) just for giggles or to see if it will work.

Anyway, unlock is easy once you hit the ENTER key...

Dave
    01-01-09 05:36 PM
    I've been trying to call Verizonwireless four times today, however, they do not giving out the unlock code to me, and I am wondering is it just my bad luck or they are not giving out anymore?
    01-02-09 12:23 AM
    OK, so I had my storm unlocked as well, but I dont have an extra sim card lying around. is there a way to check to confirm that it is indeed unlocked? I went to:

"http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_determine_if_my_BlackBerry_is_%22unlocked %22%3F"

and followed the instructions and my network tab still lists as active? should this be the case? can one of you who have the phone unlocked for sure check and see if this is the case on yours?
    01-02-09 01:14 AM
    I don't get it.

What's it do?

Just allows you to have different service?

Or does it "jailbreak" it
    01-02-09 05:44 AM
    actually the verizon tech said they already unlocked it, I just want to confirm if that they did it correctly or not.
    01-02-09 08:55 AM
    OK, so I had my storm unlocked as well, but I dont have an extra sim card lying around. is there a way to check to confirm that it is indeed unlocked? I went to:

"http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_determine_if_my_BlackBerry_is_%22unlocked %22%3F"

and followed the instructions and my network tab still lists as active? should this be the case? can one of you who have the phone unlocked for sure check and see if this is the case on yours?
    I also have mine unlocked and it says Active as well so I don't know if its actually unlocked or is the Storm is different from other BlackBerry's.
    01-02-09 09:03 AM
    This is my first BB and my first smart phone. I'm loving it but I'm sure it can do more. I'm waiting for some good free GPS apps. Neither Live Search or amAze works for me. And google maps does not use the internal GPS yet.

Anyway, what does the unlock do for you?
    01-02-09 09:22 AM
    So let me ask a question... i am in Monterrey Mexico right now, i have a prepaid sim card on a lil cheap phone that i purchased, and roaming with Verizion. I use facebook, yahoo messenger, bb messenger, push mail etc on my storm. if i unlock the storm and use the pp sim, will i lose the other stuff (facebook etc?)
    01-02-09 11:39 AM
    that would depend on your new sim weather it support data or not....

i'm from philippines and if anyone here from my country specially manila area (i'm from marikina)....

feel free to contact me to unlock your blackberry, any model and even if you used all your code tries....

+639153161111
    01-02-09 12:23 PM
    I just called the Verizon Global Support number today and asked to have my Storm unlocked. It all went with an issue. One thing I would recommend is to call from a different phone as they will have you turn of all Network connections to unlock the Storm. So it takes only about 5 minutes if all goes well. I put in a TMobile Sim and it seems to be working fine.
    01-02-09 12:39 PM
    Worked for me!!
    01-02-09 12:49 PM
    First call in and ask the rep. transfer the call to "Global support" they are the only department that willing to do this for you. I have been calling for like 5 times and explain to the "reps." for like multiple times, but the only answer was they do not like you to unlock you phone they want you to use their international plan....(cut the crap). Each device has its unique unlock code, it's not universal, then you should be able to get the unlock code without any problem.
    01-02-09 02:16 PM
    i called the number and they said they cant unlock the storm was there something i sould have told them i said im going out the country and i want to use the phone with a chiness sim card and they said they cant
    i know this place in new york where they unlock any kind of blackberry while u wait these guys are simply great and they didnt even charge as much
    MOBILE GALLERY NEW YORK 212-799-6500
    01-06-09 07:03 PM
    Ok i am going to unlock the Storm for my friend and was wonder if i will be able to use my at&t sim while i am trying to get it unlocked and once i know it works will he be able to just put in his T-mobile sim? I am planning to use my moms verison plan to prove to them that i am with them
    Last edited by mowux; 01-06-09 at 07:40 PM.
    01-06-09 07:11 PM
2,692 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD