10-04-11 07:50 AM
2,692 ... 4647484950 ...
tools
    where would i get the tmobile service books?
    10-06-09 04:08 PM
    unlocking my fone eased my aps and browser. wat do i do? do i call tmobile to connect my internet even though i have an unlocked storm?
    Here is the link http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...=service+books
    10-06-09 04:10 PM
    I have called VZW global services four times now, gotten a different rep everytime, and all four calls have been told i have to have an account. Can anybody help me out? i dont want to pay for the code, ive done that before and found it a waste, even if it is just a few dollars, if you can get the code from the carrier.
    10-06-09 05:04 PM
    How much time did you spend speaking to 4 reps? Maybe 2-3 minutes on hold, then 5-7 minutes dealing/negotiating with the rep to try and do it for you. So lets say 7-10 minutes per call..4 reps..so about 28-40 minutes in trying to get it unlocked for free.

Not to be rude..but is it worth 40 minutes of your time plus possible waiting time of actually getting the code if they were to ever agree?? 40 minutes for a 'free code' or $15 cdn to get it unlocked in 5 minutes. Thats not a 'roughly 5 minutes'...but actually 5 minutes. I'll have your Verizon Storm unlock code to you in 5 minutes if you process your order between 10am - 10pm EST

Again, not trying to be rude at all..just a simple calculation.
    10-06-09 05:20 PM
    I do understand what you are saying, but as i said, i have payed for a unlock code before, it was no problem, but if i can save a few bucks by getting it for free, why not? Ill get it eventually, until then i have a working phone, ill just keep trying in my spare moments here and there.
    10-06-09 05:25 PM
    NGreen and Cell Unlock both came through with a valid code in less than a day. For what these guys charge, you can easily make/save more money working partime at mcdonalds than dealing with the customer reps, vwrz global support has definately been training the support team, they all told me the exact same thing verbatim.
    10-06-09 06:20 PM
    So i guess i went against my own word. I did indeed pay for a code to unlock my device. I looked around and also asked some friends that have storms that were unlocked. I was pointed to CellUnlock.net several times, so, thats who i went with. I recommend going through them for a code. It was cheap, it works 100%, and the best part is i got the code in less than an hour, thanks guys
    10-06-09 06:31 PM
    Here are the steps that she had me do:

1. Turn off all of the wireless connections

2. Go to Options

3. Select Advanced Options

4. Select SIM Card

5. Hit menu select show keybord

6. Enter mepd (you will not be able to see the typed info)

7. Enter mep2

8. Now it will say enter network mep code

9. My code was 0294875417773351 (dont know if it will work for all phones)

The data is working fine on a T-Mobile but the line has the blackberry data activated.
    Hi all,

I just spent 10 mins on hold, waiting for the girl to check my account. When she came back I told her that I have done this many times before and just need the code. She read out the code and I followed tjames.bell procedure. The phone is unlocked after 3 minutes of actual work.
    10-12-09 01:07 PM
    is the SIM card needed for the unlock to work? someone is trying to sell me a locked Storm with no SIM card. I have a Storm already and been with VZW for a while. Is there any way to unlock the phone with the SIM card missing? My g/f wants one and shes on T-Mobile.
    Last edited by PoisonWhisper; 10-12-09 at 05:25 PM.
    10-12-09 05:15 PM
    is the SIM card needed for the unlock to work? someone is trying to sell me a locked Storm with no SIM card. I have a Storm already and been with VZW for a while. Is there any way to unlock the phone with the SIM card missing? My g/f wants one and shes on T-Mobile.
    Yes you do, it can be any SIM card, you can use your girlfriend's T-Mobile SIM card to unlock the phone.
    10-12-09 05:47 PM
    Thanks, for the help!!
    10-12-09 05:58 PM
    Thanks, for the help!!
    You're very welcome, if you need any additional help feel free to ask
    10-12-09 06:00 PM
    Hi cracberry people I took my storm to get unlock and they say the phone has a sim restriction but he also wanna charge me fior asomething he ain't do should I believe him or he just don't know what he doing
    10-12-09 08:10 PM
    Hi cracberry people I took my storm to get unlock and they say the phone has a sim restriction but he also wanna charge me fior asomething he ain't do should I believe him or he just don't know what he doing
    Put a SIM card in your phone and go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card and then the letters: mepd

What do you see on that screen?
    10-12-09 10:10 PM
    If you see something like this in the personalization menu, then your phone is still locked
    10-12-09 10:39 PM
    y my unlock blackberry internet wont work/?????????
    10-13-09 09:37 AM
    Do you have a BB Data Plan if not that's why.
    10-13-09 11:03 AM
    My friend is selling me her storm. Im a tmobile customer. If I follow these steps do you think it should work with tmobile. Did you have any problems with the phone afterwards?
    10-13-09 11:04 AM
    My friend is selling me her storm. Im a tmobile customer. If I follow these steps do you think it should work with tmobile. Did you have any problems with the phone afterwards?
    You will be able to unlock it, but you need to buy the unlock code first. Once unlocked, every feature will work.
    10-13-09 11:06 AM
    y my unlock blackberry internet wont work/?????????
    I think you might have to be a little more descriptive.

Does your Blackberry Messenger work?
    10-13-09 11:28 AM
    It took literally less than three minutes after connecting with the Verizon rep. She generated the code, read it off, I copied it down, she walked me through the steps, the code was accepted, and she made no mention of voided warranties. Could not have been quicker, easier, or less expensive!
    10-13-09 04:28 PM
    I sent an e-mail to the crackberry user ngreen and he was able to help me out with a very very cheap code to unlock my bb storm to use under my t-mobile network. He did it in less than 2 hours =)
    10-13-09 09:33 PM
    You will be fine. Send an e-mail to nkg4141@gmail.com and let him know what it is exactly you're trying to do. What phone being unlocked for what network. He'll take care of you. I only paid $5 bucks.

Once the phone is unlocked, you will basically only be able to use it for basic texting and phone calls. If you were able to send picture messages without a T-Mobile data plan before, you will no longer be able to do this once you're using the BB Storm.
    10-13-09 09:37 PM
    I have a 9500 locked to verizon, if I unlock it, will I be able to use it on t-mobile in the states as well as carriers in europe? Please let me know if anyone can answer this question as its driving me crazy!
    10-14-09 01:58 PM
    I have a 9500 locked to verizon, if I unlock it, will I be able to use it on t-mobile in the states as well as carriers in europe? Please let me know if anyone can answer this question as its driving me crazy!
    Yes you will, once unlocked you can use it with any GSM carrier.
    10-14-09 02:22 PM
2,692 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD