10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    it is obvious that the phone is different from one phone another. Otherwise the code would have been somewhere online already....
    09-09-09 02:35 PM
    All pm's have been replied. Thank you for using my services
    09-09-09 07:58 PM
    I am new to All of this. what are you all unlocking? I have the storm!
    09-09-09 08:29 PM
    I am new to All of this. what are you all unlocking? I have the storm!

They are unlocking the GSM portion of the phone so the phone can be used with ANY sim card anywhere in the world!
    09-10-09 12:33 AM
    I have a Storm coming to me from an Ebay sale that I intend on using on AT&T. The lady who sold it to me was nice and even called VZW to get the unlock code for me. No surprise, they lied to her and said that they don't give those codes out and told her to call Blackberry. Oh well...

I see a lot of places on Ebay selling codes for $5 and up, with some going to $35 claiming they need to unlock special features. Which services have you guys used, and what did they charge? I know some are just scammers, and some can't do it... Just trying to save a buck here after spending $$$ on a new phone.

Thanks!
    09-10-09 01:25 PM
    I have a Storm coming to me from an Ebay sale that I intend on using on AT&T. The lady who sold it to me was nice and even called VZW to get the unlock code for me. No surprise, they lied to her and said that they don't give those codes out and told her to call Blackberry. Oh well...

I see a lot of places on Ebay selling codes for $5 and up, with some going to $35 claiming they need to unlock special features. Which services have you guys used, and what did they charge? I know some are just scammers, and some can't do it... Just trying to save a buck here after spending $$$ on a new phone.

Thanks!
    We can help you unlock your Storm, check our signature. We guarantee the code to work 100% and offer phone support if needed. You can check our feedback all over Crackberry.com
    09-10-09 01:27 PM
    Thanks ngreen for unlocking my 9530 for verizon
    09-11-09 02:21 PM
    I have been searching for hours and have not been able to find clear or consistent answers to my problem.
    I am looking to verify if my storm is locked or unlocked. Purchased a 9530 advertised as unlocked, inserted my working ATT sim from my 8310 and the 9530 shows 'No valid sim card'. Checked the MEPD (Network = Active) and then the MEP2 (enter network mep code) is displayed. I beleive this means the phone IS still locked but I have seen conflicting information about what Network = Active means.
    Can someone please clarify this?
    If my phone IS locked, is this why it is not accepting my SIM card?
    Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    09-11-09 02:25 PM
    We can help you unlock your Storm, check our signature. We guarantee the code to work 100% and offer phone support if needed. You can check our feedback all over Crackberry.com
    Thank you! worked like a charm on the first try. Got the code in 2 hours.
    09-11-09 02:28 PM
    I have been searching for hours and have not been able to find clear or consistent answers to my problem.
    I am looking to verify if my storm is locked or unlocked. Purchased a 9530 advertised as unlocked, inserted my working ATT sim from my 8310 and the 9530 shows 'No valid sim card'. Checked the MEPD (Network = Active) and then the MEP2 (enter network mep code) is displayed. I beleive this means the phone IS still locked but I have seen conflicting information about what Network = Active means.
    When I unlocked mine, the network changed to inactive. It was active before that. Sounds like you're still locked.
    09-11-09 02:30 PM
    Options>advanced options>sim card.
    Turn to landscape. BB button>show keyboard>type mepd.
    Network Inactive and everything else should be disabled. If its not then its locked.
    09-11-09 10:02 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation. Used Cellunlocknet to get code and phone is now unlocked, sim card recognised and working on ATT.
    09-12-09 09:31 AM
    I called Verizon, told them the tail about going to Europe and they walked me thru unlocking my 9530. Put my AT&T sim card in, changed the settings and all booted up. THe only thing a little odd is while my screen shows AT&T, when I go into the phone mode it shows my Verizon number at the top of the screen, but when I call someone their Caller ID shows my AT&T number.

Thanks for all of the help guys. Oh I also lost my browser icon, but I will figure that out.
    09-13-09 08:11 AM
    sorry if this was asked somewhere in this thread already, but those of us storm users, if we were to take a unlocked iphone and slip outr storm sim in it, would it work on verizon network?
    09-13-09 08:16 AM
    sorry if this was asked somewhere in this thread already, but those of us storm users, if we were to take a unlocked iphone and slip outr storm sim in it, would it work on verizon network?
    No an Iphone will not work on Verizon's network.
    09-13-09 08:29 AM
    you see thats where I get confused because blackberry runs on both cdma and gsm networks, so im lost as to why putting a blackberry sim from the storm into the iphone would not work seeing as how the iphone runs on the gsm network?
    09-13-09 08:51 AM
    you see thats where I get confused because blackberry runs on both cdma and gsm networks, so im lost as to why putting a blackberry sim from the storm into the iphone would not work seeing as how the iphone runs on the gsm network?
    Verizon runs on CDMA only in this country and only works with GSM outside the country.
    09-13-09 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the confirmation. Used Cellunlocknet to get code and phone is now unlocked, sim card recognised and working on ATT.
    Hope you're enjoying it, I'm having fun with mine. The only thing is I can't get my old @att.blackberry.net email to port over from my bold. It worked fine between my Curve and Bold, but then disappeared after an hour on this phone. Can't get it back. Did you have an old one that still works?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 03:01 PM
    I called Verizon, told them the tail about going to Europe and they walked me thru unlocking my 9530. Put my AT&T sim card in, changed the settings and all booted up. THe only thing a little odd is while my screen shows AT&T, when I go into the phone mode it shows my Verizon number at the top of the screen, but when I call someone their Caller ID shows my AT&T number.

Thanks for all of the help guys. Oh I also lost my browser icon, but I will figure that out.
    because you have to go into some settings to change that dial ##000000 and press send and only change the phone number in those settings then save and exit
    that number was put in by verison, but remember if you go back on verizons network it will still show your at&t number you typed in

also just thought i add i tried calling verizon and got my phone easily unlocked 3 days ago
    09-13-09 04:04 PM
    Well, I am pleased to say that as of today I am an official Storm owner!
    Yay me... Being an owner of the Storm is great and all, but it's being a user part I'm having trouble with because I'm with T-Mobile.
    Unfortunately Verizon is being tight-lipped about the code for obvious reasons. I even give the whole story that I'm in the military and that I'm leaving to go overseas soon, which is true, except for the 'soon' part. But still I get the same line over and over.
    So my question is, is there anyone that works for Verizon that can help me get this phone unlocked off-the-record? I've seen too many posts of people on rival networks being handed the code without any questions to believe that there's nothing but cold, programmed robots working for Verizon. (I mean this in the nicest of ways btw.)
    I would love to throw down $35 bucks to get it done if it means I can use this beautiful device, but I won't be able to live with myself if I don't give the free method my best try.
    Anybody?
    09-13-09 08:59 PM
    Heres my question what does the unlocking of the phone do..exactly anyway
    09-13-09 11:18 PM
    Heres my question what does the unlocking of the phone do..exactly anyway
    allows you to be able to use it on other carriers networks by putting in a sim card from another carrier, a storm from Verizon originally comes locked so you cant just buy it and take it to another carrier
    09-14-09 12:25 AM
    I recently contacted ngreen regarding an unlock code for the blackberry storm, his service is excellent and fast and I highly recommend his services, I sent him my IMEI number and received the unlock code with specific directions to use it in roughly 1 hour. unlock code worked the first try and is verified that the phone is unlocked and I used it on the tmobile network.
    09-14-09 12:14 PM
    So- after kinda freaking and thinking that I was ripped off, I did receive two communications from cellunlockstore.com. The first one stated that they had to generate the code manually, it would take additional time, and to verify my IMEI which I did. Then, I received the email below stating that the could not generate the code and they were refunding my payment. I did receive the PayPal refund which they initiated. So- apparently they are not a scam, they just have trouble unlocking BB Storms. Its just weird that they could not get me an unlock code but cellunlock.net could, and got it out within minutes. I guess in the end, you get what you pay for.

Hi,

Sorry I have been unable to generate the correct unlock code for your mobile. There are so many mobile out there sometimes the firmware on certain versions mean I can't generate the code.

I have sent your details over the accounts team who will send you a refund. Although normally quicker please allow up to 7 days for the refund to get back into your account.

Once again I apologise for not being able to get the correct code for your mobile. Your only option may be your network operator or a local shop who can unlock via a cable.

Thanks

Brett

CellUnlockStore.com
    I ordered the unlock code from them as well and got the same message. This is so frustrating. I just wish someone would offer a unlocking service and can really unlock the blackberry storm. I have this verizon blackerry storm 9530 ,Imei 359483024748886 can someone help me unlock this please.
    09-14-09 02:42 PM
    I ordered the unlock code from them as well and got the same message. This is so frustrating. I just wish someone would offer a unlocking service and can really unlock the blackberry storm. I have this verizon blackerry storm 9530 ,Imei 359483024748886 can someone help me unlock this please.
    We can unlock your phone 100%
    09-14-09 02:45 PM
2,692 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD