10-04-11 07:50 AM
2,692 ... 23456 ...
tools
    HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center can unlock Verizon Storms. They are a good company. Theres also cellphoneunlockingonline, although I've never used them. But after you get it unlocked, Pltaylor has a guide for getting Storm to work on AT&T and T-Mobile.
    12-22-08 08:17 AM
    Thanks Well think i will take the plunge and buy a locked one on eBay they are much more reasonable than unlocked ones and 50US inst bad for working code, I'm not in us I'm in the Caribbean, my carrier is Cable and Wireless, but Ive looked at the T mobile and At&t guide, figure its just a matter of doing the same thing but with my carrier's service books
    12-22-08 09:37 AM
    they have released the code all you have to do is call 1-888-844-0395 have a great day stormers this is my first trend!!!!!
    I know this might be a stupid question...but why would I need to have my storm unlocked? Is there a benefit besides international use?
    12-22-08 09:48 AM
    I know this might be a stupid question...but why would I need to have my storm unlocked? Is there a benefit besides international use?
    Well if you are a verizon user the only real benefit is probably to use an international sim while roaming, but for the rest of us who have a GSM provider and want the storm (whether in or outside of US) its the only real way to use storm on our local carriers
    12-22-08 10:28 AM
    when calling for an unlock code, do you have to call from your storm or from an outside line (such as a home phone). also, i have two storms, ones unactivated (which would be the one that I wanna unlock)...does this have to be activated to unlock? Can i just call them and provide them the esn or whichever number they'll need to give the phone specific code?
    Last edited by JCilento87; 12-22-08 at 12:50 PM.
    12-22-08 12:48 PM
    You can call from any phone,

But they usually only give you the unlock code for an activated storm.

It also depends on who you talk to, so try a few times if they refuse you the first time.

If they still refuse to give you the unlock code, the only way to get the unlock code is from a 3rd party unlocking company.

Three friends and I unlocked our blackberry storms at Cellphone Unlocking Online

they have good customer service and gave us a discount because we unlocked multiple phones.

keep trying Verizon if you can, it will save you some money.

Cheers!
    12-22-08 04:05 PM
    I called 3 times and all 3 time they said i have to have the phone for 60days I tried all the I'll go to another provider all that and they told me that they just a week ago changed there policy to 60 days mandatory due to to many people getting the codes and turning there service off. This sucks
    12-22-08 05:11 PM
    I just got the BB Storm 9530, wooo hooo, but I'm having a little trouble getting it unlocked. I've been on the phone for about 30 minutes with Verizon Global services tryings to get an unlock code and they will not budge cause I don't have service with them.

Can any of you nice, , Verizon customers find it in your heart to help me get this phone unlocked? It's Christmas! And I really would like to use my phone....

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
    12-22-08 05:47 PM
    Hey
    If theirs anyone who wants their Storm Unlocked but are not on a plan (not activated). I can do it for $54.99. Just shoot me a PM
    12-23-08 02:25 AM
    I called the number as directed in this thread. I got DIRECTLY to a representative, pretty friggen cool. Gave my name, account passcode, and then asked to be unlocked since I am going to the UK with Make A Wish next year and five minutes later, bing bing boom boom the Storm is unlocked. I tested it with an old AT&T PrePaid SIM I had laying around and it worked!
    12-23-08 05:48 AM
    You can call from any phone,

But they usually only give you the unlock code for an activated storm.

It also depends on who you talk to, so try a few times if they refuse you the first time.

If they still refuse to give you the unlock code, the only way to get the unlock code is from a 3rd party unlocking company.

Three friends and I unlocked our blackberry storms at Cellphone Unlocking Online

they have good customer service and gave us a discount because we unlocked multiple phones.

keep trying Verizon if you can, it will save you some money.

Cheers!
    Are you spamming for these guys or what? You only have a few posts and you have mentioned them in most of them. I tried this website out and so far no success. I ordered my code on Saturday and still haven't heard anything... I will let you guys know if it actually works or if it's a scam, but for now I would be careful.
    12-23-08 06:14 AM
    I called the number as directed in this thread. I got DIRECTLY to a representative, pretty friggen cool. Gave my name, account passcode, and then asked to be unlocked since I am going to the UK with Make A Wish next year and five minutes later, bing bing boom boom the Storm is unlocked. I tested it with an old AT&T PrePaid SIM I had laying around and it worked!
    I'm jealous, I called them multiple times and asked for it because I was going to Thailand and they gave me the 60 days *******. I eventually gave up because I had other stuff to do. They kept telling me I can use my Storm overseas and just pay the $65. That's what I'm doing and it's actually not all that bad. It is $65 for the international plan, however they then remove the $45 BB plan so it's only $20 more. I'm not using it for calls, and I'm using mostly BB Messenger, AIM and Facebook to talk to people, and every so often I send a text message (though that costs 50 cents to send, 5 cents to receive where I am).
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 12-23-08 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Language
    12-23-08 06:57 AM
    Are you spamming for these guys or what? You only have a few posts and you have mentioned them in most of them. I tried this website out and so far no success. I ordered my code on Saturday and still haven't heard anything... I will let you guys know if it actually works or if it's a scam, but for now I would be careful.
    I am a newbie poster as well and NO I have ZERO affiliation with cell phone unlocking online.com but I did have my verizon 9530 unlocked through them. It took 2 days to get the code as they claimed there was a server issue due to poor weather but they were very nice and gave me a code for a free unlock in the future.

My Storm 9530 is unlocked and running well on Rogers Wireless in Ont, Canada.
    12-23-08 07:13 AM
    Does anyone know if the unlocking code for the 9530 Storm is universal or is it specific for each handset?
    12-23-08 01:11 PM
    i just ordered a storm from Telus in Canada. any idea of where to unlock it??
    12-23-08 05:24 PM
    Well I finally heard back from cellphoneunlocking.com, but the code they sent me doesn't work. I emailed them and am waiting for another response. So far I would say stay away, but if all goes well and they send me a working code I will let you guys know.
    12-23-08 06:25 PM
    I called the 888 number and had it unlocked in about 3 minutes and then a reboot. The rep said they had to check my account to make sure they could unlock it. I guess you can't be a new VZW subscriber. I've been one for 4 + years now.
    12-23-08 07:05 PM
    Mine is Unlocked officially as of today. I did not verify with a new SIM but I have a T-Mobile SIM on its way and an Orange SIM too
    12-23-08 10:43 PM
    They responded with a new code that did work. They also gave me 1 free unlock for another device because of the trouble. I can understand that there may have been delays due to the holidays, so i can now assure everyone that cellphoneunlockingonline.com is a legit website for unlocking phones.
    12-23-08 10:48 PM
    I have done this with my 8830 & 9530. No problem with either. Only thing asked was if I have been current for 60 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 10:49 PM
    I called yesterday to unlock my storm. The lady told me that I would have to agree to the terms which included voiding my warranty. I asked her again about that and she said that unlocking my sim slot will void the warranty on my storm. did you guys know this. So if my phone would to break down the road, then its on me. What the **** is that about?
    12-24-08 09:49 AM
    I called yesterday to unlock my storm. The lady told me that I would have to agree to the terms which included voiding my warranty. I asked her again about that and she said that unlocking my sim slot will void the warranty on my storm. did you guys know this. So if my phone would to break down the road, then its on me. What the **** is that about?
    I got the same thing last night. The email sent did not include anything about complete void of warranty. I took what she said to mean if I use another carrier's SIM. How would they know if I did?
    12-24-08 09:58 AM
    They responded with a new code that did work. They also gave me 1 free unlock for another device because of the trouble. I can understand that there may have been delays due to the holidays, so i can now assure everyone that cellphoneunlockingonline.com is a legit website for unlocking phones.
    Thats good to know I was wondering to this info should get its own topic, as I find when searching about unlocking for the rest of us, theres little to no real info on an alternative to Verizon customers, Can you imagine they sell phone at retail price but still try to lock you to coming and getting there service even though its now your phone that you paid in full for. **** I can talk the 2 major Mobile service providers here in Barbados, both sell there devices at what have to be considered retail prices and that is with a contract they sell for more on a prepaid pay as you go phone but still all locked to their networks
    12-24-08 10:18 AM
    I took a 2 years contract yesterday, will they be giving me an unlock code if I call?
    12-24-08 10:57 AM
    I took a 2 years contract yesterday, will they be giving me an unlock code if I call?
    Sounds like no, IF you are a brand new customer. Yes, if you just renewed your contract. Wait 2 months and ask for it.
    12-24-08 11:08 AM
2,692 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD