10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    Thanks cellunlocknet,

I'll give verizon a call hopefully they will help to unlock my storm, if not i will tell them i will cancell my line since i'm in my 30 days :P

oh and by the way, that about manually loading service books, manuals or who knows what ur talking about.... I just don't get it. maybe after unlocking i can get a hand from someone..

Going to bed

Thanks
    Last edited by topvip; 08-31-09 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Adding mor info.
    08-31-09 11:04 PM
    If my new storm is telling me that my sim card is not valid, not letting me import contacts from the sim card, does that mean it is not unlocked? I have an att sim card. thanks guys, very new at this.

Also, if I have a friend that is on the verizon network, could he put his sim in my phone and ask them to unlock it?

Thanks again!
    09-02-09 03:41 PM
    If my new storm is telling me that my sim card is not valid, not letting me import contacts from the sim card, does that mean it is not unlocked? I have an att sim card. thanks guys, very new at this.

Also, if I have a friend that is on the verizon network, could he put his sim in my phone and ask them to unlock it?

Thanks again!
    Yes if you get the message "Invalid Sim Card" or "Insert Valid Sim card" that means your phone is locked.
    09-02-09 03:44 PM
    So can I have a friend call verizon, give them my MEID(dec) number, and get the code?
    09-02-09 03:58 PM
    So can I have a friend call verizon, give them my MEID(dec) number, and get the code?
    Yes you can try, hopefully they say yes
    09-02-09 04:48 PM
    I was wondering if the number that was provided, would it work in Canada? I have a Blackberry storm on a Telus network.
    Last edited by DNICE30; 09-02-09 at 06:53 PM.
    09-02-09 06:47 PM
    forgive the question, as i am new, but i have read how to do it, using it to move from one carrier to another...etc...but

if i am with verizon and am not planning on moving, can i just unlock the phone to have it unlocked? if i do and stay with verizon, does anything change with the operation of the phone/plans? updates work? data? apps i loaded? i am thinking that i will be moving to a new phone sometime in the near future and i would think it would be better to sell the storm unlocked. i just do not want anything to change other than the "locked" status.

any help would be appreciated. thank you.
    09-02-09 09:25 PM
    I was wondering if the number that was provided, would it work in Canada? I have a Blackberry storm on a Telus network.
    No, unfortunately Canadian carriers don't give it out the unlock codes. We can help you unlock your Telus Storm.
    09-02-09 10:10 PM
    forgive the question, as i am new, but i have read how to do it, using it to move from one carrier to another...etc...but

if i am with verizon and am not planning on moving, can i just unlock the phone to have it unlocked? if i do and stay with verizon, does anything change with the operation of the phone/plans? updates work? data? apps i loaded? i am thinking that i will be moving to a new phone sometime in the near future and i would think it would be better to sell the storm unlocked. i just do not want anything to change other than the "locked" status.

any help would be appreciated. thank you.
    Yes you can unlock your phone and it won't affect any features on your phone. If you decide to use another provider in the future then you'll be able. Also if you decide to sell your phone, you'll get more money for an unlocked Blackberry then if it was locked.
    09-02-09 10:13 PM
    I got mine from Horizonwirelessonline.com and I got it with in a half hour. there's a promo code on the first page for 50% off so it was only 10 bucks.
    09-02-09 10:52 PM
    Hi there! I need someone that can tell me how to get rid of the "sim card rejected" message that stills shows up even after unlocking with the code, my storm works now with every carrier I've tried but don't know about the message, makes me nervous!!

I don't know if I unlocked it wright, it says SIM Card: Security Disabled

Give me some help with this...
    09-02-09 11:19 PM
    Just called Verizon to generate an unlock code for my Storm and originally, they said I had to have a cleared balance before they would allow me to get the code. After stating that I didn't have another bill due for XX days and that I've been a customer for the last 7-8 years (maybe almost 9), have only filed a single phone claim in those years and have always recommended them to friends & family, they didn't ask any other questions.

The guy I spoke to on the phone was extremely nice and was willing to assist me with how to do the unlock, though I declined since I already knew from working with a friends BlackBerry.

They didn't ask why I needed the code or what I'd be using it for. I'm not looking to switch providers, though it will be useful for when I do travel. I've been with Verizon so long, it'd feel odd switching plus my bill went from $100/mo to around $64/month when I downgraded plans and upgraded to the Blackberry Storm (this includes a Military Discount, not normal pricing).
    09-03-09 06:00 AM
    They tried the same thing with me. Try to say I have an past due bill when I am not late and my next bill isn't do till next month. I corrected their mistake and they then allowed me to get connected to their people who do that and I got my phone unlocked. I think they are doing that because they want people to think they are going out of their way to do them a favor. It is annoying. I also have a friend at work who has a storm and they did the same thing to him.
    09-03-09 01:07 PM
    Yes you can unlock your phone and it won't affect any features on your phone. If you decide to use another provider in the future then you'll be able. Also if you decide to sell your phone, you'll get more money for an unlocked Blackberry then if it was locked.

thank you for the answer
    09-03-09 07:15 PM
    They tried the same thing with me. Try to say I have an past due bill when I am not late and my next bill isn't do till next month. I corrected their mistake and they then allowed me to get connected to their people who do that and I got my phone unlocked. I think they are doing that because they want people to think they are going out of their way to do them a favor. It is annoying. I also have a friend at work who has a storm and they did the same thing to him.
    Ah they weren't really doing me any favors making me wait. They should have been able to pull all of that information up the first time without putting me on hold. Either way he was still helpful and at the end of the day just doing his job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 07:34 PM
    I am so ticked, I just got a brand new bb storm but verizon refuses to unlock it because its never been activated on their service and on top of that i got ripped off by cellunlockstore site, well over 24hrs, and i've been dying to use it for a week! anybody else familiar with that site? did anybody win their paypal dispute?
    09-04-09 10:28 PM
    I am so ticked, I just got a brand new bb storm but verizon refuses to unlock it because its never been activated on their service and on top of that i got ripped off by cellunlockstore site, well over 24hrs, and i've been dying to use it for a week! anybody else familiar with that site? did anybody win their paypal dispute?
    You should win your Paypal dispute. Maybe they closed for labor day weekend? who knows, anyhow we can get you the code instantly, ad although they used the same as our site and added "store" at the end, we are in no way affiliated with them.
    09-04-09 10:31 PM
    You should win your Paypal dispute. Maybe they closed for labor day weekend? who knows, anyhow we can get you the code instantly, ad although they used the same as our site and added "store" at the end, we are in no way affiliated with them.
    Thanks for the response, nice site, I will definitely keep that in mind in the future, but of course now I am broke LOL I'll have to keep waiting for the one I already paid for or wait it out on hold with verizon and beg some more lmao.
    09-04-09 10:40 PM
    Is there anybody out there that knows of a way to somehow download something or another to do this?
    09-04-09 11:07 PM
    Just got my Storm the 2 days ago too. and that was the same store I pick because they only charge $5. I did find another site that night that was only $10 and I got my code with in a half hour from them. I got an email this morning from cellunlockstore say'n their computer can't generate a code for my IMED and for me to make sure it's the correct number. blah blah blah. And I'm still waiting on my code from them. Now I'm just waiting on an email from them regarding my refund.
    09-04-09 11:18 PM
    Just got my Storm the 2 days ago too. and that was the same store I pick because they only charge $5. I did find another site that night that was only $10 and I got my code with in a half hour from them. I got an email this morning from cellunlockstore say'n their computer can't generate a code for my IMED and for me to make sure it's the correct number. blah blah blah. And I'm still waiting on my code from them. Now I'm just waiting on an email from them regarding my refund.
    what a mess! what was the other site you used? was it during the day or maybe dosent matter?
    09-04-09 11:26 PM
    I couldn't wait so that night after I got home I did some google'n and finally found this site about 11:30pm EST for $10 after the 50% off promo Horizonwirelessonline.com and by midnight I had my phone unlocked. I don't know how fast they would be right now.
    09-04-09 11:31 PM
    what a mess! what was the other site you used? was it during the day or maybe dosent matter?
    We can get you the code instantly
    09-05-09 10:24 PM
    We can get you the code instantly
    I sure hope so. I am thinking about going over to your site. Does crackb50 get me the best discount? Any new customer deals- not trying to push it but have to ask lol. Can I use the storm with any gsm and any cdma as well? I'm confused about that part...

Thanks!
    09-05-09 11:06 PM
    I sure hope so. I am thinking about going over to your site. Does crackb50 get me the best discount? Any new customer deals- not trying to push it but have to ask lol. Can I use the storm with any gsm and any cdma as well? I'm confused about that part...

Thanks!
    Yes the coupon code gives you 50% Discount. Once unlocked you will be able to use the Storm with any GSM provider, and still use it on the original CDMA network.
    09-05-09 11:12 PM
2,692 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD