10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    Hi,
    I will be travelling in Ireland at the end of September and was hoping to have my phone. Going through these threads I have found a lot of different information. Is it possible to have my phone unlocked? If so, how would I go about this?
    Thanks for your help!!
    You will need to buy the Unlock Code for your Bell Storm, because Bell doesn't give it to customers like the american carriers.

It's worth spending the few dollars to unlock your Storm instead of paying Roaming while you will be travelling.
    08-13-09 10:41 AM
    Not only did they mislead you and gave you false information, but you should call them back and ask them for the unlock code. If you've been with them for more then 60 days with an account in good standing, they will give it to you for free.

Once unlocked then you don't need to pay them Roaming charges and can basically use your phone around the world with local prepaid sim cards.

I've been with VZW for 10 years now and a VIP customer.

This morning, NGREEN obtained and provided the Un-Lock code for me and my Storn is now Unlocked. Very simple and easy by following the steps provided by NGREEN. For the small donation through paypal, it was worth it rather than fighting with the CSRs at VZW.

So, when I travel and put in a new SIM card, my number will change or do I keep the same telephone number ?
    08-13-09 02:31 PM
    I've been with VZW for 10 years now and a VIP customer.

This morning, NGREEN obtained and provided the Un-Lock code for me and my Storn is now Unlocked. Very simple and easy by following the steps provided by NGREEN. For the small donation through paypal, it was worth it rather than fighting with the CSRs at VZW.

So, when I travel and put in a new SIM card, my number will change or do I keep the same telephone number ?
    Your number will change to the new one of the prepaid sim card. I can't believe they didn't want to give it you. But you're right sometimes better paying then calling back and forth.
    08-13-09 02:33 PM
    You need to be an owner for 60 days before they will unlock the Storm or Tour for you
    08-13-09 03:28 PM
    i got my Telus Blackberry Storm 9530 unlocked from mobile to go - vancouver - gsm phone unlock services - remote unlocking in vancouver.

got my code the very same day! I now have it all configured for Rogers service. the sucky thing is that this phone doesn't have 3G or WIFI...
    08-14-09 03:09 PM
    i got my Telus Blackberry Storm 9530 unlocked from mobile to go - vancouver - gsm phone unlock services - remote unlocking in vancouver.

got my code the very same day! I now have it all configured for Rogers service. the sucky thing is that this phone doesn't have 3G or WIFI...
    thanks! I just used that site too. my code was delivered in the afternoon for my Bell Mobility Blackberry Storm.
    08-14-09 06:02 PM

I wish the Storm or the Tour had 3G and Wi-Fi. I guess we have to be patient.
    08-14-09 06:04 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon. It took longer for my phone to reboot than it did to get the unlock code from the CSR. All I told them was that I was planning on traveling to Europe in a couple of weeks and wanted to use a sim card there. She even walked me through the unlocking process.
    Last edited by Malevolent; 08-14-09 at 08:42 PM.
    08-14-09 08:39 PM
    Is there any way for me to get the unlock code, preferable free, as I am no longer with Verizon?
    08-17-09 03:39 PM
    Is there any way for me to get the unlock code, preferable free, as I am no longer with Verizon?
    It might be hard as you are no longer a customer. You can always try. If not, we can help you unlock your phone.
    08-17-09 03:41 PM
    I've got my Telus\Bell Blackberry Storm 9530 unlocked from cellunlock.net !!!

I used promotion code "crackb50" and the price was 29cad (20eur)

I've got the code in TWO minutes...

The best/fastest service I've ever had!!!
    08-17-09 04:09 PM
    I've got my Telus\Bell Blackberry Storm 9530 unlocked from cellunlock.net !!!

I used promotion code "crackb50" and the price was 29cad (20eur)

I've got the code in TWO minutes...

The best/fastest service I've ever had!!!

Will totally agree with you there...
    Another company told me that they couldn't find the code for my phone after searching for 2 weeks, cellunlock.net got it for me within a day.... AWESOME service/speed!!
    08-18-09 12:36 AM
    So I have been a Verizon customer for over 60 days and I tried to call up today and get the unlock code and the lady started giving me pricing for oversees and said that there was no way for that to be an option. She said there was no way to unlock my phone and use it oversees. I told her I was traveling for 3 months to Germany...should I call back later or pay someone to do it?
    08-19-09 07:49 PM
    can someone please help me get a unlock code to unlock my storm

please!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-19-09 08:31 PM
    Just bought a Storm on ebay. Says it is fullly unlocked. will not receive it for a couple of days. my question is " if it is fully unlocked all i have to do is insert my sim card?"
    I am on ATT with a curve and unlimited data plan.

Thanks
    08-19-09 09:39 PM
    So I have been a Verizon customer for over 60 days and I tried to call up today and get the unlock code and the lady started giving me pricing for oversees and said that there was no way for that to be an option. She said there was no way to unlock my phone and use it oversees. I told her I was traveling for 3 months to Germany...should I call back later or pay someone to do it?
    Yes I would try to call back and ask again. The CSR you spoke to probably had no idea what she was talking about, In case they don't give it to you, we can unlock it for you.
    08-20-09 12:22 AM
    Just bought a Storm on ebay. Says it is fullly unlocked. will not receive it for a couple of days. my question is " if it is fully unlocked all i have to do is insert my sim card?"
    I am on ATT with a curve and unlimited data plan.

Thanks
    That's correct, but you might need to load the service books manually in the Storm in order to use all features.

Here is the link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...vice+books+att
    08-20-09 12:27 AM
    Your number will change to the new one of the prepaid sim card. I can't believe they didn't want to give it you. But you're right sometimes better paying then calling back and forth.

Well, this week, I returned the Storm that I just paid to have unlocked last week. Now I have a brand new out of the box Storm. I told the tech working on swapping out my phone that I had my phone unlocked.... he asked how. I told him through Crackberry. He didnt say anything. But I noticed after leaving the store, that when he imported my contacts back into the phone, he added the VZW Global Support number into my contacts and labeled it "unlock". I called them and the unlocked my new phone with no problem.
    08-20-09 06:33 AM
    Well, this week, I returned the Storm that I just paid to have unlocked last week. Now I have a brand new out of the box Storm. I told the tech working on swapping out my phone that I had my phone unlocked.... he asked how. I told him through Crackberry. He didnt say anything. But I noticed after leaving the store, that when he imported my contacts back into the phone, he added the VZW Global Support number into my contacts and labeled it "unlock". I called them and the unlocked my new phone with no problem.

Great to hear! That also confirms that unlocking your phone will not void the warranty
    08-20-09 09:19 AM
    Yeah I got it this morning it was great! Now to t mobile to get a another line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 09:25 AM
    If this has been done on my phone, and I wipe it to start out fresh, do I have to re-enter it, or will t be unlocked still?
    08-20-09 08:20 PM
    If this has been done on my phone, and I wipe it to start out fresh, do I have to re-enter it, or will t be unlocked still?
    You will never need to enter the unlock code again. Once a Blackberry phone is unlocked, it's permanently unlocked and will never relock
    08-20-09 08:54 PM
    Yeah Yeah unlocked mine tonight called and told them I was going on extended business trip to Europe and she unlocked it no problems.....
    08-20-09 09:11 PM
    Vzw local said no unlock, vzw global unlocked the phone and wished me a great trip, I wonder why
    The different stories

they have released the code all you have to do is call 1-888-844-0395 have a great day stormers this is my first trend!!!!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 01:55 PM
    If i give one of you verizon users my imei number can you call verizon and get the code for me
    08-22-09 12:47 AM
2,692 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD