10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    Just got off the phone with Verizon global services(1-800-711-8300). Got it unlocked in about 5 minutes. Now I have to call Cbeyond ans see how they might be able to use my Storm on their network. Might be hard as they might have to flash it and they do not have stores like all the other big carriers. I will be crossing my fingers....

Thanks for all your help!!!
    08-07-09 05:12 PM
    i have a storm that was left @ my work 2 months ago trying to have it unlocked. i have tried three sites and they say they can not calculate a code.. any suggestioons to how i can get a code if im not a verizon member.
    08-08-09 05:32 PM
    I want my bell storm 9530 to be unlock. Can someone help me. I called bell twice and they wont help me out.
    I need the unlock code. Feel free to pin me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 10:42 AM
    so what site or source is best to get the code to unlock the storm for a reasonable price
    08-10-09 04:04 PM
    hi. i have a storm and so do my friends and we wanted to know if there are any legit services that give the unlock codes. we need to be sure because we spent $50 trying to find one that works. so if anybody has one that can give us one free or some type of guarantee that would be helpful
    08-10-09 06:39 PM
    i called them earlier this is what i said...

hi i was told by my IT guy from my company to call this number, so i could get my phone unlocked. i will be going overseas for a month for work, and my company provided me with a prepaid sim card. can this be done today?

and BAM, they just asked for my number and my name and last 4 number of my social to verify my account, and they walked me through it! in about 3 minutes my storm was unlocked!
    08-10-09 06:41 PM
    oh btw. we are trying to get onto tmobile if that makes a differnce.
    08-10-09 06:47 PM
    is cellunlock legit?
    08-10-09 06:52 PM
    These guys claim to have own their programmed blackberry server so far i found a legit service for dedicated blackberry unlocking...
    blackberryunlocker.org

oh btw. we are trying to get onto tmobile if that makes a differnce.
    08-11-09 07:23 AM
    is cellunlock legit?
    Yes they are.
    08-11-09 08:31 AM
    is cellunlock legit?
    Yes, they most definitely are!!!
    08-11-09 09:54 AM
    From the first to unlock Bell / Telus phones we can now get codes 1 to 3 hrs.
    Sprint tours also included. Verizon codes still instant.
    No more 7 to 10 days. DM, PIN, or MSN Messenger for details.

Thanks for the help ngreen, your services were completed with in a day and you were helpful in answering my questions.
    08-11-09 04:13 PM
    Hi
    The code for Verizon Storms are emailed instantly. Other Vendor such as Telus/Bell take a couple of days to generate.
    If my verizon account is on vacation suspension, will this work?
    08-11-09 09:11 PM
    If my verizon account is on vacation suspension, will this work?
    Yes your Blackberry can still be unlocked.
    08-11-09 10:38 PM
    Well last entry: Cbeyond basicly told me to stuff it. Not their phone, therefore not their problem. Guess I unlocked it for nothing. They did tell me that lots of prople are calling and asking when they can get a Storm on their network. I will have to wait in line,again. Guess you can find me on the 8830 forum from here out. Time to go back in time.......

Thanks for all your help!
    08-12-09 12:15 PM
    Is Cbeyond a gsm carrier? I though it was a Voip, who ever unlocked your phone should have done some research. You will need to hook up with a GSM carrier or use a prepaid sim card.
    08-12-09 12:23 PM
    you may have to buy one from third party.
    08-13-09 04:23 AM
    I will be traveling to the Marshall Islands next month so I called Verizon to see if I would have coverage there, which I will not.
    I asked the CSR if I would be able to use a SIM card from the wireless provider there and was told that te Storm SIM cards are in-bedded and do not come out, that if I took it out it would break the phone. I was also told that there is no way to Unlock the Storm.

That's all crock what she told me right ? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of having a SIM card if it doesnt come out ?
    08-13-09 04:59 AM
    The SIM card does come out. Remove battery and use a pencil erasure. Mine's out permanently as I do not go overseas. It also boots quicker without the SIM card installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 05:20 AM
    Wow what mis information from VZW. If you are traveling out of states you should get phone unlocked so you can use a prepaid sim card so you don't have to pay high roaming cost. Yes the sim comes out. Once unlocked you can put any gsm carriers sim card and use the phone.
    08-13-09 07:47 AM
    Now i purchased a phone from a friend that decided it just wasn't for them. I want to sell that extra phone to anyone that will use it locked or unlocked. Can i call up and unlock that phone even though it is not in use at this time? or does the phone have to be on and active at the time it is unlocked?
    08-13-09 08:12 AM
    Yes the phone has to be on active account, and you have to be an account holder for at least 60days. Unlocking the phone will make it worth more money because anyone with a gsm sim can use phone versus Verizon account holders only.
    08-13-09 08:16 AM
    Hi,
    I will be travelling in Ireland at the end of September and was hoping to have my phone. Going through these threads I have found a lot of different information. Is it possible to have my phone unlocked? If so, how would I go about this?
    Thanks for your help!!
    08-13-09 09:27 AM
    Yes when you unlock the Storm phone it will work on any GSM carrier network Worldwide.
    08-13-09 09:59 AM
    I will be traveling to the Marshall Islands next month so I called Verizon to see if I would have coverage there, which I will not.
    I asked the CSR if I would be able to use a SIM card from the wireless provider there and was told that te Storm SIM cards are in-bedded and do not come out, that if I took it out it would break the phone. I was also told that there is no way to Unlock the Storm.

That's all crock what she told me right ? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of having a SIM card if it doesnt come out ?
    Not only did they mislead you and gave you false information, but you should call them back and ask them for the unlock code. If you've been with them for more then 60 days with an account in good standing, they will give it to you for free.

Once unlocked then you don't need to pay them Roaming charges and can basically use your phone around the world with local prepaid sim cards.
    08-13-09 10:38 AM
2,692 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD