10-04-11 07:50 AM
2,692 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    Yes it is perm. Not like Iphone. When BlackBerry unlocks it is forever no matter what you do to phone.
    Last edited by ngreen; 08-03-09 at 03:06 PM.
    08-03-09 02:39 PM
    sooo the code i got is permanent... i could switch as many sim cards from different carriers whenever i want? the whole phone is permanent unlock? and i could still use verizon....???
    Yes that's correct, you can switch from GSM back to CDMA (Verizon) by going into Options/Mobile Network and changing Technology to 1XEV.
    08-03-09 02:46 PM
    so i guess this B*** was buffing... gosh and she got me for a min too...

thanks guys!!
    08-03-09 03:00 PM
    worked for me! thanks much!
    08-03-09 03:28 PM
    OK so they gave me the unlock code.
    So how do I know it is unlocked with out a another sim card. Is there a way to look thru the options and tell?
    08-03-09 03:34 PM
    Just got my Storm unlocked and changed my plan to a roaming plan in 15 minutes ($65 monthly unlimited email/web, $0.50 send sms, $.05 to receive, per minute voice charges depend on location).

The very helpful VZW rep said to unlock your phone you just need to be a VZW customer at least 60 days with an account in good standing. She did not say you had to be traveling abroad.
    08-03-09 04:37 PM
    Just got my Storm unlocked and changed my plan to a roaming plan in 15 minutes ($65 monthly unlimited email/web, $0.50 send sms, $.05 to receive, per minute voice charges depend on location).

The very helpful VZW rep said to unlock your phone you just need to be a VZW customer at least 60 days with an account in good standing. She did not say you had to be traveling abroad.
    they told me 90 days with good standing account.... she was about to say NO to me cause i am 3 days away from 90 days..
    08-03-09 06:10 PM
    hi everyone,

I unlocked my phone with out any truble. This is the 2nd time that I had to unlock it. My other storm begain to act up and they had to repleace it and I had to remember to call for the code. :-P
    08-04-09 05:18 PM
    Anyone know a similar number for TELUS? Please PM me. Thanks.
    08-04-09 09:29 PM
    Anyone know a similar number for TELUS? Please PM me. Thanks.
    Telus will never give you the code, we can help you unlock it.
    08-04-09 09:30 PM
    Telus will never give you the code, we can help you unlock it.
    Except you're expensive like holy crap! (even with the 50% disc)
    08-04-09 09:35 PM
    Except you're expensive like holy crap! (even with the 50% disc)
    The most expensive Blackberries to unlock are the Bell & Telus. If you find any cheaper email us the link and we'll match the price minus 25% so you're always sure to pay the lowest price around Don't forget also that our prices are in CDN dollars and not USD.
    08-04-09 09:39 PM
    The most expensive Blackberries to unlock are the Bell & Telus. If you find any cheaper email us the link and we'll match the price minus 25% so you're always sure to pay the lowest price around Don't forget also that our prices are in CDN dollars and not USD.
    I'm sorry, maybe it's the lack of my BB experience, or that I'm completely new to CB. But how does it become more expensive because it's TELUS or Bell? I mean what does your process look like that these phones become expensive?

Please don't mind me asking, just curious as to how this works. Because in my eyes, there's a tool (Like Diego on TELUS) where you can get all sorts of codes to unlock, etc. So, how hard could that be?
    08-04-09 09:45 PM
    I'm sorry, maybe it's the lack of my BB experience, or that I'm completely new to CB. But how does it become more expensive because it's TELUS or Bell? I mean what does your process look like that these phones become expensive?

Please don't mind me asking, just curious as to how this works. Because in my eyes, there's a tool (Like Diego on TELUS) where you can get all sorts of codes to unlock, etc. So, how hard could that be?
    Most Blackberry Codes are calculated with a software. Telus/Bell/Sprint can only be obtained from RIM database , and we pay more for these codes.
    08-04-09 09:48 PM
    There is no software unlock for Bell or Telus codes. They come direct from RIM servers. Thats why the longer time period and higher price. Verizon Storm can get instant with software. All phones and carriers worldwide are different.
    08-04-09 09:49 PM
    There is no software unlock for Bell or Telus codes. They come direct from RIM servers. Thats why the longer time period and higher price. Verizon Storm can get instant with software. All phones and carriers worldwide are different.
    Ah, so you guys directly contact RIM and say "Hey buddy, unlock code for the following IMEI IDs please?"?
    08-04-09 10:55 PM
    Ah, so you guys directly contact RIM and say "Hey buddy, unlock code for the following IMEI IDs please?"?

I wish it was that easy but No we don't, the rest is the million dollar question
    08-04-09 10:57 PM
    Lol. No it is not that easy.
    08-05-09 07:31 AM
    OK. I'm ready to take the leap and unlock my Verizon Storm. My understanding is Verizon will give me an unlock code for free if I've been a customer for 3 months? I certainly meet that criteria. Do I just call the regular support number (800) 922-0204?
    08-05-09 10:02 AM
    OK. I'm ready to take the leap and unlock my Verizon Storm. My understanding is Verizon will give me an unlock code for free if I've been a customer for 3 months? I certainly meet that criteria. Do I just call the regular support number (800) 922-0204?
    Yes call them and they should give it to you, if not let us know we can help you.
    08-05-09 11:45 AM
    *Update*- All Bell/Telus/Sprint Codes are delayed to Monday. If you haven't placed your order yet, you can do so and get your unlock code by Monday.
    08-05-09 11:46 AM
    Does it void Bell's warranty if I unlock my storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:22 PM
    No it does not void warranty to unlock a blackberry with Bell or Telus
    08-05-09 12:24 PM
    Does it void Bell's warranty if I unlock my storm?

No it doesn't. Unlocking your Blackberry by code will never void your warranty.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 08-05-09 at 12:27 PM.
    08-05-09 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the response guys.

Out of curiosity, how much is it to unlock?

Also- by unlocking a Bell Storm, it means I can use it with Rogers/Fido right?

08-05-09 01:23 PM
2,692 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD