10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 12345 ...
tools
    Called GS # and had ZERO issues!!! took 5 mins. Called a couple weeks ago and they wouldn't give it to me. Just hang up and talk to some one different. It's always worked for me, for any issue w/VZW
    12-07-08 05:38 PM
    called about an hour ago and CSR gave it to me pretty quickly and guided me through on how to input it an everything. great thread, thanks!

btw, the OP's number is Verizon's Global Support Services.
    12-07-08 08:07 PM
    i have the stom and ive tried everything to unlock it. i almost had it but the freind account i was using was not in good standing so they said no go. if anyone would want to do it for me i would be happy to send pay them for there time thanks
    my email is toysupra6@cox.net
    Last edited by toysupra6; 12-12-08 at 07:00 PM.
    12-12-08 06:58 PM
    i have the stom and ive tried everything to unlock it. i almost had it but the freind account i was using was not in good standing so they said no go. if anyone would want to do it for me i would be happy to send pay them for there time thanks
    my email is toysupra6@cox.net
    What rate do you want to pay for my time?
    My attorney charges $350/hr whereas my janitor charges $10/hr.

Also, you can send me your Storm then I'll activate it on my account.
    Keep it for a month so Verizon doesn't get suspicious, then unlock it.
    Then send it back to you.
    (During the time I have your Storm, I may do an insurance claim on it.)

12-12-08 07:18 PM
    I've called a few times and no one will give me the unlock codes since I'm not a Verizon customer.
    12-12-08 08:55 PM
    how do you get an unlock code if they ask for your verizon phone number and if you dont have a verizon number how do you do it
    12-12-08 09:33 PM
    How do you verify a phone is unlocked once the process has been completed?
    If a restore/back up file in DM was installed on phone after being unlocked would it revert to locked?
    12-12-08 09:49 PM
    I give up!!!! I think I called 20 times and I get the same answer every time. No one at VZW is willing to give me the unlock code for the storm without having set up a verizon account. I think I've used every variation of why I would like to unlock the phone without signing up with VZ. Can anyone help me out here. What am I missing?
    12-13-08 09:25 AM
    so unlocking the phone is only good for using on other networks? if thats true then i see no point for me since i like verizon best. but cool that the rest of you can take it other places now.
    12-13-08 09:41 AM
    Just unlocked mine. It took like 5 minutes. No questions asked.
    12-16-08 06:18 AM
    To any of experts - do we still need to delete the vendor.xml file so that when we insert a non-Verizon SIM in the phone the new software - such as Vodafone, will boot automatically? Thanks.
    12-16-08 01:52 PM
    I give up!!!! I think I called 20 times and I get the same answer every time. No one at VZW is willing to give me the unlock code for the storm without having set up a verizon account. I think I've used every variation of why I would like to unlock the phone without signing up with VZ. Can anyone help me out here. What am I missing?
    I have two Storms and I called to get the unlock code for both devices at the same time. I have three lines of service but one of the Storms had not been activated at that time. I had to activate the second Storm on one of my other lines in order to get the unlock code for it.
    According to the representative that I spoke with, in order to obtain the unlock code the device had to be active on a VZW line & the unlock code is specific to the device.
    12-16-08 02:03 PM
    Confirmed. It worked.
    12-16-08 02:18 PM
    i entered the code i recieved from VZW and when i entered it all the options ( network, subnet, corporate etc) options that are tehre when you enter MEP2 are still desabled. are they supposed to be still disabled or are tehy suppose to be enabled becuase when i entered my code it said " code accepted ".
    12-16-08 02:57 PM
    For all of you that faced the same problem as me when Verizon refused to give me the unlock code , have no fear, there's still hope!

I went to about 5 cellphone shops to see if they could unlock it for me, none of them could but 2 employees referred me to the following site

CellphoneUnlockingOnline.com

I ordered an unlock code from them for $49 and had the code in the morning Entered it and Voila, my phone is now unlocked.

Now I'm using it on AT&T with no issues and am very pleased

So don't give up hope fellow stormers!

If Verizon refuses to give you the code you can unlock your Blackberry storm at CellphoneUnlockingOnline.com

I also saw a few people selling the unlock codes on ebay, but they're charging more.

Hope this helps someone!

Merry Christmas
    12-18-08 02:16 AM
    dude, that is freaking awesome!!! Thanks for the info!
    12-18-08 09:37 AM
    quick question:

if i unlock the storm and use it on ATT only from this point, when verizon releases OS updates the only way to update my phone will be manually, correct?

thanks.
    12-18-08 10:01 AM
    Verizon Laughed at me and then hung upo on me...so I dont know how you people are getting this code but im done...this phone is not worth the hassel.
    12-18-08 01:45 PM
    Verizon Laughed at me and then hung upo on me...so I dont know how you people are getting this code but im done...this phone is not worth the hassel.

Just buy a code from Cellphoneunlockingonline.com

thats what I did, when Verizon refused to give me the code.
    12-20-08 04:03 PM
    you are AWESOME, thank you soooo much, i tried 2x and as they say, 3x's the charm.
    12-21-08 07:54 PM
    I haven't called to unlock mine yet, but I will. I'll be traveling to Europe to see my son next year and will not want to pay Verizon's global prices.
    12-22-08 12:21 AM
    so whats the point of the "sim card" in my phone..?

12-22-08 01:30 AM
    so whats the point of the "sim card" in my phone..?

It allows you to roam internationally on Vodaphone's network (Vodaphone is one of VZW's parent companies, FYI). I believe it also works if you sign up for one of VZW's international calling plans.

Anyway, International Roaming is uber expensive, so many people want prepaid sims instead, but since the phone is SIM-locked they wont work without the unlock code which is what this whole thread is about. A side benefit of unlocking it is that you can use it on other networks in THIS country (EDGE only, no 3G) if you so desire.
    12-22-08 02:26 AM
    site on ebay that will unlock storms for 7.50 well worth it will post a reply let u no how well the code goes!
    12-22-08 05:18 AM
    For all of you that faced the same problem as me when Verizon refused to give me the unlock code , have no fear, there's still hope!

I went to about 5 cellphone shops to see if they could unlock it for me, none of them could but 2 employees referred me to the following site

CellphoneUnlockingOnline.com

I ordered an unlock code from them for $49 and had the code in the morning Entered it and Voila, my phone is now unlocked.

Now I'm using it on AT&T with no issues and am very pleased

So don't give up hope fellow stormers!

If Verizon refuses to give you the code you can unlock your Blackberry storm at CellphoneUnlockingOnline.com

I also saw a few people selling the unlock codes on ebay, but they're charging more.

Hope this helps someone!

Merry Christmas
    SWEET!!! HAS ANYONE ELSE WHO BOUGHT A RETAIL PHONE TRIED THIS, CAN YOU POST PICS THIS IS EXCITING
    12-22-08 06:40 AM
2,692 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD