10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    hey guys is it true if i get my unlock my phone it will void the warrantee... im asking this because im going on a cruise later this year and i think it would be cheaper to get a sim card from the country im in instead of spending the overseas charges from VZW. i dont want to void it because im already on my 4th storm and i have the insurance on the phone through verizon. thanks for the help
    06-26-09 10:05 AM
    No it does not void warranty. If you are going on cruise you will want to unlock so you won't have to Verizon roaming and high charges. You will want to buy a prepaid sim card. Let me know if you need unlock code
    06-26-09 10:50 AM
    No it does not void warranty. If you are going on cruise you will want to unlock so you won't have to Verizon roaming and high charges. You will want to buy a prepaid sim card. Let me know if you need unlock code
    if you can that would be great. only reason i asked if it voided it was because i saw in the thread some people said it did. but if it doesnt im deff. interested in unlocking it.
    06-26-09 11:07 AM
    if you can that would be great. only reason i asked if it voided it was because i saw in the thread some people said it did. but if it doesnt im deff. interested in unlocking it.
    No don't worry, it will never void the warranty. We often return unlocked units back to RIM under warranty and they always honor it. If you need any help let us know, we can walk you through it over the phone.
    06-26-09 11:39 AM
    No don't worry, it will never void the warranty. We often return unlocked units back to RIM under warranty and they always honor it. If you need any help let us know, we can walk you through it over the phone.
    now being that im new to this what do you offer. i know you can walk me through it but i was under the impression that all i do is call verizon and ask for the unlock code. am i missing something. sorry for being a noob at this... but give me a fire house or a medic bag im good. with it. give me a TV to hook up the hole 9 yards im good. phone stuff not to good. lol
    06-26-09 11:42 AM
    now being that im new to this what do you offer. i know you can walk me through it but i was under the impression that all i do is call verizon and ask for the unlock code. am i missing something. sorry for being a noob at this... but give me a fire house or a medic bag im good. with it. give me a TV to hook up the hole 9 yards im good. phone stuff not to good. lol
    Lol..we sell the unlock codes, but I would recommend you call Verizon up and tell them you are travelling abroad and want to use your a prepaid SIM card. They'll tell you that you can ROAM with their service but you can tell them you will be using a SIM card provided by your company...They should give you the unlock code for free, if not that's when we come in But we wouldn't want you to pay for something they can give you for free.
    06-26-09 11:46 AM
    thank you very much for all of your advice. it was very much appreciated. as long as i can trust you on it wont void my warrantee im good. because all i know is im deff. going to be in need on number 5 (storm) so i cant risk it. thank you...
    06-26-09 11:49 AM
    thank you very much for all of your advice. it was very much appreciated. as long as i can trust you on it wont void my warrantee im good. because all i know is im deff. going to be in need on number 5 (storm) so i cant risk it. thank you...
    People tend to think that it would void the warranty only because a couple of years ago we had to open the phone apart and do some testpoints in order to unlock the phone. That of course would void the warranty My sister had 3 units returned to Verizon because of faulty screens and they were all unlocked by us, and they never gave her any trouble.
    06-26-09 11:53 AM
    People tend to think that it would void the warranty only because a couple of years ago we had to open the phone apart and do some testpoints in order to unlock the phone. That of course would void the warranty My sister had 3 units returned to Verizon because of faulty screens and they were all unlocked by us, and they never gave her any trouble.
    well i got my phone unlocked by calling up verizon. took maybe 15 min. thank you for all of your info. i do have one question. iv seen posts saying how to get all the features on your storm if i pop in a att or tmobile sim in it. if i just want to use the phone feature on either att or when i go over seas and out in another companys sim card, all i do is just put it in and set the manage connections to gsm right? thanks
    06-26-09 04:00 PM
    well i got my phone unlocked by calling up verizon. took maybe 15 min. thank you for all of your info. i do have one question. iv seen posts saying how to get all the features on your storm if i pop in a att or tmobile sim in it. if i just want to use the phone feature on either att or when i go over seas and out in another companys sim card, all i do is just put it in and set the manage connections to gsm right? thanks
    Yes that's correct, that's all you need to do!
    06-26-09 04:01 PM
    Just to make sure you do it right, you simply need to go to Options/Mobile Network and change the Technology to GSM/UMTS and then select 2G.
    06-26-09 04:05 PM
    Good day All

I just wanted to verify that you can unlock the Storm by calling the following number: 888-844-0395.

The first time I called I was told that I couldn't have it, but I call right back and got a different person who gave it to me right away without hassle.

Steps are as followed:
    1) Give MEP code to operator for Unlock Key
    2) Go to Options>Manage Connnections
    3) Turn off all Connections
    4) Options>Advanced Settings>SIM
    5) Pull up Keyboard and Enter MEPD
    6) Screen turns over - Enter MEP2
    7) Enter Unlock Code from Verizon
    8) Turn off Phone (No Battery Pull needed)
    9) Turn on Phone
    10) Got to Options>Manage Connnections
    11) Restore Connections

It is that easy!!!
    06-26-09 06:30 PM
    Yes you can unlock it without the Verizon SIM card, You can have your friend call them up and try, worst case they say NO. If they don't give you the code, we can help you unlock your Storm. The codes ares sent instantly once we get the order.
    How much would this cost through you?
    06-27-09 04:32 PM
    How much would this cost through you?
    Hi
    The price is $34.99 and you can use coupon code "crackb50" and get 50%
    06-27-09 05:06 PM
    Unlocking will not void your warranty at all.
    06-28-09 10:16 AM
    unlocked...no questions asked!
    She was very ice and helpful!
    06-28-09 11:24 AM
    I just bought a verizon locked storm from ebay and I now have it shipped to India. I am trying to get a frien of mine in US to get a code for me. He has a verizon sim but no blackberry services. Can he call them and get an unlock code for me ?

Also, after I unlock my storm, will there be any service/feature that i wont be able to use on a GSM network in India ?
    06-28-09 04:15 PM
    I just bought a verizon locked storm from ebay and I now have it shipped to India. I am trying to get a frien of mine in US to get a code for me. He has a verizon sim but no blackberry services. Can he call them and get an unlock code for me ?

Also, after I unlock my storm, will there be any service/feature that i wont be able to use on a GSM network in India ?
    He can try, maybe they will. Once unlocked you will be able to use all features in India if you have a Blackberry Data Plan.
    06-28-09 04:16 PM
    He can try, maybe they will. Once unlocked you will be able to use all features in India if you have a Blackberry Data Plan.

Thanx
    Will ask him to try .
    06-28-09 04:21 PM
    Thanx
    Will ask him to try .
    No problem, if they they refuse try again, and if they really don't want, let us know, we can unlock it for you
    06-28-09 04:22 PM
    I purchased my storm on ebay unlocked so that I could use it with AT&T. I just downloaded an upgrade and now it is locked again. i purchased the unlock codes but when I type in the "MEPD" "MEP2" I get nothing. I have the original sim card but do I need a new verizon sim card since this one has already been used? Thanks

Jason
    06-28-09 05:04 PM
    I purchased my storm on ebay unlocked so that I could use it with AT&T. I just downloaded an upgrade and now it is locked again. i purchased the unlock codes but when I type in the "MEPD" "MEP2" I get nothing. I have the original sim card but do I need a new verizon sim card since this one has already been used? Thanks

Jason
    Hi
    A Blackberry never relocks even if you do a reset ordo an OS upgrade. What you need to do is go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and then select 2G and it should work with your ATT Sim card.
    06-28-09 05:07 PM
    Hi
    The price is $34.99 and you can use coupon code "crackb50" and get 50%
    Would that be 50% of $34.99?

Thanks!
    06-29-09 10:33 PM
    Would that be 50% of $34.99?

Thanks!
    Hi
    Yes that's correct
    06-30-09 02:13 AM
    I got my code already. The problem is I cannot seem to type MPED. well, at least I did but nothing is happening so i do not know how to proceed to mpe2. My screen says sim card: security disabled and it shows an ID number. Pls help.
    Hi
    You should have a SIM in the phone and the sequence is:

Options/Advanced Options/Sim Card

mepd then mep2
    06-30-09 09:22 AM
2,692 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD