10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    I bought my STORM on Ebay and it was advertised as unlocked. I really dont need it unlocked but I am just curious how I can tell if it is unlocked or not?? Just my curiosity getting the better of me...
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 06-16-09 at 04:13 PM.
    06-16-09 03:34 PM
    Yeah, I had the same question. I coulda swore i entered a bad number when I was unlocking mine. The rep on the phone said the process was completed, but where can I see some type of verification saying that my phone is unlocked?
    -Colin.
    06-16-09 07:38 PM
    Okay new to the boards and I need some help it is saying that the SIM is disabled, network is active, network subset disabled, service provider disabled, and corporate disabled is that correct or do I need another code from Verizon.
    06-16-09 08:41 PM
    Okay new to the boards and I need some help it is saying that the SIM is disabled, network is active, network subset disabled, service provider disabled, and corporate disabled is that correct or do I need another code from Verizon.
    Would you mind posting the steps you have gone through so far?

Make sure VZW sim is in
    Network connections OFF
    Go to options> advanced options>simcard

Pull up keyboard and type: MEPD
    again, type: MEP2

It will then open a dialog box for code
    06-16-09 08:45 PM
    so there is not a free way to unlock the storm with out VZW? because i bought one of of ebay for $200 and it said it was unlocked but it was not and i dont have VZW any help here please?
    06-16-09 09:01 PM
    you can tell the seller to get it unlock for you , if it is their phone. Or you can tell them , to pay you back for the " unlock". which is $9.99 .
    Just a thought...
    06-16-09 09:09 PM
    so there is not a free way to unlock the storm with out VZW? because i bought one of of ebay for $200 and it said it was unlocked but it was not and i dont have VZW any help here please?
    Hi
    We can help you unlock your Verizon Storm.
    06-17-09 10:03 AM
    i have unlocked my storm. thanks people....mike p1
    06-17-09 10:47 AM
    So, I have a outstanding balance on my Verizon account but I still have my storm can anyone think of a good excuse that they would give me my unlock code?
    06-17-09 01:40 PM
    So, I have a outstanding balance on my Verizon account but I still have my storm can anyone think of a good excuse that they would give me my unlock code?
    Not so sure there's a good excuse for that. Carriers tend to be tough when there's a owed balance on the account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 01:59 PM
    take it to a locksmith
    06-17-09 02:35 PM
    take it to a locksmith
    That's us lol...
    06-17-09 02:48 PM
    FYI - I got my Storm unlocked today w/o any problems. However, the rep stated that unlocking my phone would void the manufacturer warranty the minute the unlocking was completed. Has anyone else gotten this?
    Yeah they told me the same thing. But what he said was that once you put a 3rd party sim card in the phone it voids the verizon warrenty. Not the manufacturers warrenty, and that you can still claim it under you phone insurance with Verizon. Basically no more in store swap outs, how they would know I'm not sure....

Either way I called unlocked no questions asked like everyone else. Now I gotta make a trip to Europe or I'm a dirty liar
    06-17-09 06:06 PM
    it seems verizon clients are luckier than suckers at Telus- tried calling them to ask for the code to unlock, claiming of course that I'm planning on travelling to Europe and I need it unlocked, and the joker at Telus was vehemently opposed to giving it to me; in fact, he even claimed that my phone will break at some point in the next year and if I even think about unlocking it, my warranty is void. He's just a corporate ****. Bah!

I WILL unlock my phone! mark my words!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 06-20-09 at 09:35 AM. Reason: language
    06-17-09 07:09 PM
    canadian wireless providers don't give out unlock codes, be it telus, rogers or bell. its ridiculous but we manage.
    06-17-09 07:11 PM
    yeah, I'll just settle on buying my unlock code for 30 US. Worth it in my books.
    06-17-09 09:42 PM
    is there anyone on the network vodafone uk that can help me with unlocking my storm 9500, holla at me asap.. BB pin 20CB3CC8
    06-17-09 10:32 PM
    is there anyone on the network vodafone uk that can help me with unlocking my storm 9500, holla at me asap.. BB pin 20CB3CC8
    We can help you unlock your phone.
    06-17-09 11:07 PM
    Just called and no problems what so ever. The guy gave me the code and told me to have a good night! Don't really have a need to unlock it but it is nice to know that I can now use this phone on any network!
    06-17-09 11:50 PM
    Well I didn't have a need right now to unlock it. But it's nice to know if I go overseas again I can purchase a prepaid sim from another network and use that network!
    06-18-09 03:47 PM
    I have 2 blackberrystorms and i no longer have the service anymore i want to unlock and sell the phones. because i dont have the service anymore will i be able to call and unlock them?
    06-18-09 05:12 PM
    I have 2 blackberrystorms and i no longer have the service anymore i want to unlock and sell the phones. because i dont have the service anymore will i be able to call and unlock them?
    I can help with that. Ill give a discount, since it for 2 pcs.
    $14.99 ( Total ) for 2 . Is that okay?
    PM or send me an email
    06-18-09 08:34 PM
    That sounds pretty fair for 2 phones. I've heard of people paying upwards of $60 for one phone.....wow. Anyways if you have a current paid up account for more than 30 days with Verizon they do it for free. However without an account the only way is through one of the unlocker type services. Good luck!
    06-18-09 11:58 PM
    Called about an hour ago and now my phone is unlocked. I really have no need for it, but figured if a try to sell it I will maybe get more money for this way.
    06-19-09 12:17 AM
    Called about an hour ago and now my phone is unlocked. I really have no need for it, but figured if a try to sell it I will maybe get more money for this way.
    Pretty sure you can get more, and if you dont get more, you will definitely reach a bigger market vs just the vzw customers...
    Good Luck !
    06-19-09 02:29 AM
2,692 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD