10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    you have to be a verizon customer for 2months, and tell them your going out the country for a vacation or something. and they will email you the code and instructions via email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    See some people are telling me that, but others have said nay.
    How can I get a concise answer?

I'm going to be getting mine within the next few days so I'm waiting to see what's the easiest option. I'm not really in the position to shell out 20 bucks for someone to give me a code if I can do it for free, you know?

If being a VZ customer is the only stipulation, then does the phone have to be ACTIVATED on their service for two months? Or is it just being a VZ customer, tell them you're going over-seas and you'll activate it when you come back kinda deal? (Only obviously not.)
    05-25-09 04:28 PM
    See some people are telling me that, but others have said nay.
    How can I get a concise answer?

I'm going to be getting mine within the next few days so I'm waiting to see what's the easiest option. I'm not really in the position to shell out 20 bucks for someone to give me a code if I can do it for free, you know?

If being a VZ customer is the only stipulation, then does the phone have to be ACTIVATED on their service for two months? Or is it just being a VZ customer, tell them you're going over-seas and you'll activate it when you come back kinda deal? (Only obviously not.)
    You have to have been a Verizon customer in good standing for at least 2 months, but do not have to have had the 9530 that long. I believe the 9530 also has to be activated with Verizon.
    05-25-09 05:33 PM
    I got my code, no hassle at all.. Just a reminder, you need your VZW SIM card, some of the reps will tell you to call back if you don't have your SIM card..
    05-25-09 10:20 PM
    I got my storm unocked, Now if I upgrade to a newer OS, my phone will still work with other Networks?

Thanks in advance.
    05-25-09 10:43 PM
    There is unlocking services on eBay for around 10 dollars, since unlocks are permanent I figure it couldn't hurt. Then I'll head on over to the other posts on getting up and running with T-Mobile.

I'll let you know how it works!
    05-25-09 11:46 PM
    I have centennial. I bought the storm locked from a verizon user... can I unlock it myself with this number?
    05-26-09 02:57 PM
    I got my storm unocked, Now if I upgrade to a newer OS, my phone will still work with other Networks?

Thanks in advance.
    thats a darn good question

05-26-09 05:24 PM
    just got mine unlocked too. thanks for the phone number. and i asked about the OS upgrade and unlocking again. she said as far as they know nothing will change regarding the unlock.

05-26-09 05:37 PM
    Wow didnt know this was a big deal I have had my storm unlocked for about 2months now and it is with T-mobile and it works well with data and phone service. Of course with T-mobile u don't have the coverage u would with verizon but u don't pay the price either. My recommendation is if u travel alot u might want to stay with Verizon and u need to be in constant touch. If not enjoy the savings and go with T-moblile
    05-27-09 01:46 PM
    I unlock my bb 8100 with unlockmybberry... awesome. It take only 20 min to him from when i sent the initial e-mail and payed... and he gives my personal support the whole time. highly recommend . He is the best. Super honest. Sinceraly . Thank you!!
    05-27-09 08:12 PM
    called verizon just now told them i'm using another sim card and they walked me right through the process in 5 min
    05-28-09 09:54 AM
    I did not anticipate the ability to unlock this device. But there are a few benefits for me directly. I have a second mobile number on T-Mobile, that I use very rarely, and I hate carrying a second phone around with me just for the times I need to make a call on it. With my Storm now unlocked, I can keep that T-Mobile SIM in it and switch over to that number when I need it and switch back when I'm finished. No need for my second phone anymore.

In addition to that, when I travel abroad I typically purchase a SIM card in the country I'm visiting. Usually just a cheap pre-paid SIM that I'll use while on that trip. The rates are extremely cheaper than paying International roaming rates. Usually you can always find a provider that has very cheap rates back to the states. Ie. TalkMobile in the United Kingdom. It was about 5 Pence a minute (10 cents) to call to the United States, this beats the roaming rate of what I'm imagining is at least .99 or more likely 1.99 to call back home. In addition, you can make local calls in that country without paying the ridiculous roaming charges. It's just better business to purchase a pre-paid SIM in countries you visit. And now we can do that with our Storm.

Great benefits to unlocking it.
    I am in the same situation only my AT&T phone is my primary phone. Is there any way to use both carriers simultaniously? I would like to be able to use my verizon account to call with, and my AT&T account to text with. I have no need for internet, so I am not in the least bit worried about that working on the phone. I'd just like to know this before I go out and buy one lol.
    05-28-09 08:07 PM
    What do I tell them when I call.....What is the code post it up here. Thanks
    06-02-09 07:40 AM
    I am currently in an american school, but have a Canadian sim card with Rogers. A friend has offered his phone and he is a verizon customer. Can i call that number and unlock this blackberry storm so my Canadian sim card will work?
    06-09-09 09:58 AM
    anyone knows how to make the vz navigator work on the blackberry storm. I unlocked it and I do not know what i need to replace on the navigator to make it work. my carrier is t mobile
    06-09-09 10:04 AM
    got it you have to change the tcp thanks anyway all
    06-09-09 11:05 AM
    Cleamer you will have to have an account with Verizon for 60 days to get done.
    06-09-09 01:22 PM
    I got mine unlocked today. The rep was very nice and didn't question me at all. ****, she didn't ask WHY I wanted to unlock it, she just assumed (from what she told me) that I'd be using it overseas. The only two checks she did (as stated 100 times already) were to make sure I had an active account for at least 60 days and to make sure I was current on my account. Took about 10 minutes total and part of that was waiting for the phone to reboot. Oh, and I had to agree to their T&S verbally. Piece of cake.
    06-09-09 02:21 PM
    I called yesterday and they didnt give me any problem at all. the rep also gave me the code for my ladys phone too and she was still at work. but when she got home i unlocked hers too!
    06-09-09 07:22 PM
    Can anyone give me a hand? I just got the Storm today, locked, but Im on ATT. When I tried calling the first time the lady told me I had to setup an account with them. Im perfectly fine with ATT, and was wondering if someone could help me with this. Please and Thank you.
    Tom
    06-09-09 08:49 PM
    I just got off the phone and unlocked my phone with nooooo problem. It was nice and simple, I really have no reason to do so BUT I want to unlocked the phone anyway to have the ability to use anything I want.
    06-10-09 09:55 AM
    Anyone had any luck with BELL???
    06-10-09 01:18 PM
    will unlocking the storm allow you to use the GPS for anything instead of forcing you to use verizon services??
    06-10-09 01:40 PM
    All unlocking does is allow you to use a foreign SIM card in the phone. The GPS features are already unlocked on the phone, meaning anyone can write a program that utilizes the GPS function, and there are plenty out there.
    06-10-09 01:53 PM
    hmmm, I guess it's just some of the apps that are having a problem with the gps (namely: Weatherbug.)
    06-10-09 02:47 PM
2,692 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD