10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    no one can help, i asked many times to unlock anstorm from vodafone spain, people just tell me to pay to get it??/ so what this web site is for, if i can make the search myself and pay for it??????
    04-23-09 10:29 AM
    How long you have verizon, did you buy Storm without a contract?
    we bin with them for 14+ years
    and yea I got the phones with the 2 new year contract
    04-24-09 02:52 AM
    they have released the code all you have to do is call 1-888-844-0395 have a great day stormers this is my first trend!!!!!
    Is there any place for step by step of how to unlock it once you have the code?
    04-24-09 10:12 AM
    just got mine unlocked. no questions asked. thanks for the post. the last couple times i have tried to do it with the regular tech team, they give me a hard time.
    04-24-09 10:29 AM
    That number works great. I just called and right away said I need to use another SIM in my phone need it unlocked...

A few minutes later I was unlocked....

Very cool.

Thanks so much.
    04-24-09 04:50 PM
    After I type in the MEP2...nothing happens...

All I did was type the MEPD in, then type the MEP2. Nothing. Has anyone else ever had this problem before?
    04-24-09 10:09 PM
    I've had my phone unlocked by my friend who is on VZW with good account for about 3 months now. I also have the AT&T service books installed. The only downfall is no 3G with AT&T. Other then that I'm happy. Plus it makes a nice conversation piece.
    04-25-09 12:04 AM
    Once you call the 800 number, as for the storm to be unlock, what do you do next? Take the unlock code and follow the steps provided earlier?

1. Turn off all of the wireless connections

2. Go to Options

3. Select Advanced Options

4. Select SIM Card

5. Hit menu select show keybord

6. Enter mepd (you will not be able to see the typed info)

7. Enter mep2

8. Now it will say enter network mep code
    In #4 step above, mine currently say "SIM CARD: Security Disable"

Does this mean it is already unlock? I bought it off ebay, wasn't sure
    04-25-09 11:56 AM
    No, the device has to be active on an account in order to be unlocked. The unlock code is generated at the time of the request and is valid for a certain amount of time. The code is based on both the MEID and SIM Card number starting with 893
    Meaning can't unlock for the sake of unlock and one day in a blue moon I decided to use AT&T Sim or T-Mobile SIM or oversee SIM?
    04-25-09 05:00 PM
    Since I finally upgraded my OS last night, I figured why not go all out and unlock my Storm as well!
    Took like 5 minutes.
    Called the # in the OP, a very nice (Global Support) Rep. was on almost immediately. I told her I bought a Storm from them and wanted to be able to use the sim card. She asked the usual stuff for account confirmation, then asked if I was on the phone I wanted to unlock, I said yes and she asked if I had another phone she could call to walk me through the process. I told her I think know the process just need the code. She asked me for my email address which made me think she was gonna email it to me but after i gave it to her she said "Just a moment" after about 45 seconds she was back read me the code I confirmed it and she asked if there was anything else she could do for me. It was the kind of customer support experience we all expect but RARELY receive.
    I checked my email and found a VZW email titled "Your Verizon Wireless Global Phone SIM Card Terms and Conditions" which basically says that when you use your Storm with another carrier VZW is not responsible for anything like charges and whatnot from the other carrier.

So not sure why people are calling and lying about leaving the country and such as from my experience it seems like something they feel obligated and have no issue doing.

Anyway, After being on .75 forever and thinking my Storm was fragile and inferior, Now that I'm on .132 and am unlocked I now feel like it's the phone I expected when I bought it.
    04-25-09 08:50 PM
    Here is the email:

Your Verizon Wireless Global Phone is equipped with a compatible Subscriber Identity Module (SIM)
    Card (the Global Phone SIM Card) for use when roaming in 'GSM Mode' within the then-current
    Global Phone Service Area (GPSA), as published on New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless. When traveling
    internationally outside of the GPSA, You may use the Global Phones in 'CDMA Mode' throughout
    Verizon Wireless' international roaming service area, subject to applicable rates, terms and
    conditions. A current list of countries where international roaming service is available is accessible
    at New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless.
    To obtain voice/data service outside of the GPSA using a Global Phone in 'GSM Mode', Your Global
    Phone must first be unlocked by entering a numerical code (Unlock Code) into the phone (see
    Your phone manufacturer's user guide for instructions). Once unlocked, You may insert another
    wireless carrier's SIM Card (Other SIM Card) into the Global Phone to obtain service from that
    carrier. Each Global Phone has a unique Unlock Code. Unlock Codes are available upon request
    from Verizon Wireless subject to the following terms and conditions:
    1. You agree that Global Phone rates do not apply to any service obtained through the use of Other SIM
    Cards, and that Verizon Wireless is not responsible for, and has no information about, such service.
    2. YOU AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL USE OF OTHER SIM CARDS IN THE GLOBAL PHONE IS AT YOUR
    SOLE RISK AND EXPENSE AND IS SUBJECT TO THE RATES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE
    APPLICABLE WIRELESS CARRIER.
    3. You agree that, to the extent applicable when using Other SIM Cards, Your use of the Global Phone
    remains subject to Your Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement, Calling Plan and Global Phone
    terms and conditions, including without limitation, the requirement to abide by all applicable foreign
    laws when using the Global Phone outside of the United States.
    4. You agree that these Terms and Conditions become part of your Verizon Wireless Customer
    Agreement and Calling Plan.
    04-25-09 09:02 PM
    Call Verizon Tec Tell Them You Travel Abroad And Want To Use Your Phone With Another Carrier Sim Ask For The Code And ASK THE AGENT TO Do The Unlock Programing With You Over The Phone.
    04-25-09 11:17 PM
    I was asked my name, VZW number and password, 10 minutes later, unlocked Storm. I wasn't even asked why I wanted it unlocked. Anyways, yea, it appears you won't get anything unlocked unless you have an active account.
    04-25-09 11:28 PM
    anybody can help me for make a call....because im not in US

i want unlock my Telus Storm....
    04-26-09 09:43 AM
    That was easy, just unlocked. Took 5 minutes. Now I just need to get a tmobile or AT&T sim card to try it out.

So if I upgrade the OS, no need to through this whole unlocking thing again I hope.
    04-26-09 02:46 PM
    I did a quick write up for anyone interested

Unlocking Blackberry Storm 9530 - The Legal Way! | KNGUYENTU
    04-26-09 03:22 PM
    I did a quick write up for anyone interested

Unlocking Blackberry Storm 9530 - The Legal Way! | KNGUYENTU
    Paying someone to unlock your phone is also legal.
    04-26-09 04:50 PM
    I did it just like the OP posted. Called the number, got the code, tested it out with a buddy's SIM card. All is well. I feel so empowered!

I didn't have to make up some story about travelling abroad or anything. After all, if you are actually a contracted VZW customer, what do they care if you unlock your phone and use AT&T or T-Mo or something? VZW will still be collecting their monthly payment from you no matter what.

-SR-

-SR-
    04-29-09 01:02 PM
    Does that go for AT&T? or just TMO
    04-29-09 09:10 PM
    You have to be a Verizon customer to get them to unlock
    04-29-09 09:13 PM
    When you guys called this "1-888" number, what did they ask? Did they ask for your account number for Verizon? Do you have to be a Verizon client? Did they ask for your Verizon phone number? If you have to be a Verizon client, what other phone number can I call to unlock the phone?

I recently bought a Blackberry Storm from Amazon.com and I don't have a Verizon account or a TMobile account and I want to unlock it. I have an At&t phone number but I want to use the Storm.

Can anyone help me?
    05-07-09 12:41 AM
    U need your IMEI number and are supposed to be a Verizon customer in good standing for 6 months.

There are tons of services u can PAY to use though...just go through this thread...they are all over it.
    05-07-09 06:23 AM
    When you guys called this "1-888" number, what did they ask? Did they ask for your account number for Verizon? Do you have to be a Verizon client? Did they ask for your Verizon phone number? If you have to be a Verizon client, what other phone number can I call to unlock the phone?

I recently bought a Blackberry Storm from Amazon.com and I don't have a Verizon account or a TMobile account and I want to unlock it. I have an At&t phone number but I want to use the Storm.

Can anyone help me?
    Nextgen Server Home of Remote Phone Unlock, Treo, Blackberry Unlock Code Server, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, HTC, Huawei, USB Modem, Unlock your cell phone to any network in real time online.
    05-07-09 06:25 AM
    Ok, I'm a newbi here. What does the unlock code give you?
    05-07-09 06:12 PM
    Ok this sounds like a dumb question. I have a storm for work, and have a personal ATT phone. If I get my storm unlocked and place my SIM into my storm can I have 2 phone numbers/service assigned to my device? Im tired of carrying around 2 phones, not to mention charging 2 phones, and forget 1 of them at home!
    05-08-09 12:44 PM
2,692 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD