10-04-11 07:50 AM
2,692 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    If you have verizon you will have to cancel their service before you can receive calls and data with T-mobile. I changed because my rates are a lot better with T-mobile then they are with verizon.
    04-03-09 12:21 PM
    Call verizon and say you will be leaving hte country on vacation for a month and need to be able to use sims from that country.
    04-03-09 02:35 PM
    That is not true. You DO NOT have to cancel VZW service to use a TMobile or ATT sim card in storm phone.
    04-03-09 02:42 PM
    HI,
    I have a Verizon Storm, May I have a unlock Code for that?
    I called verizon and told me they could unlock it because the phone was just activated last February, they will just unlock my phone after 6 months. =(

I cant wait for that... Please help. I have my IMEI number

pleaseeee =)

thanx a lot
    04-06-09 05:23 PM
    This may be a stupid question, but do I need to activate my Storm in order to unlock it? I am just looking to unlock it and sell it.
    04-07-09 11:16 PM
    No phone does not have to be active to unlock
    04-07-09 11:18 PM
    After 60 days of Verizon service and your account is current Verizon will unlock it for free, if you ask them

HI,
    I have a Verizon Storm, May I have a unlock Code for that?
    I called verizon and told me they could unlock it because the phone was just activated last February, they will just unlock my phone after 6 months. =(

I cant wait for that... Please help. I have my IMEI number

pleaseeee =)

thanx a lot
    Last edited by pounder001; 04-08-09 at 08:40 AM.
    04-07-09 11:32 PM
    Im Not A Customer With Verizon And They wont Give The Code To Me.. Can Some1 Help Me?
    Last edited by QuoiaQ; 04-08-09 at 03:38 PM.
    04-08-09 03:28 PM
    i really want my storm unlock.. anyone know the software do i need?
    04-08-09 03:54 PM
    Im Not A Customer With Verizon And They wont Give The Code To Me.. Can Some1 Help Me?
    get a unlock code for few $$$ --> got to ebay.com and search for item # 110352281310
    04-08-09 04:05 PM
    It was mentioned before but I shall repeat it again...

If you have a 9530 from Verizon then look for a friend who's been with Verizon for more than 60 days. Switch the phone to his/her plan and call up the number from the first post and the Verizon rep will provide you the unlock code with no questions asked. My excuse was "I'm planning to go on a trip to Korea next month."

First they'll ask you if you're calling from the Storm if not then they'll ask you for you mobile number. They'll pull up the database corresponding to the number and if they see the account has been active for more than 60 days they'll say "Sure, may I verify your first and last name?" then they'll ask for the last 4 digits of the account holder's SSN.

Once all that is verified they'll instruct you how to unlock your Storm along with the unlock code.

Just find a friend with Verizon!!! I don't think thats too hard if you live near any metropolitan areas.
    Last edited by sangwich; 04-08-09 at 04:38 PM.
    04-08-09 04:28 PM
    These folks can sell you the unlock code for $20 (I think it's $20). I haven't used them, but they appear to have a decent reputation on Crackberry.

HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center

04-08-09 05:03 PM
    I purchased a like new storm (verizon) on ebay that was supposedly unlocked. Turns out the esn number is under lost/stolen when I checked. My dad is and has been a Verizon customer for 2 years. Can I call global support and get this unlocked to use with my old sprint/nextel sim card??

Thanks
    Last edited by mynameismcgyver; 04-08-09 at 05:20 PM.
    04-08-09 05:09 PM
    I purchased a like new storm (verizon) on ebay that was supposedly unlocked. Turns out the esn number is under lost/stolen when I checked. My dad is and has been a Verizon customer for 2 years. Can I call global support and get this unlocked to use with sprint??

Thanks
    There is a way but its super complicating and a very slim chance of doing it unless you know someone working for Sprint or RIM. I say use it as spare parts or you report about your phone to eBay and Paypal.

If you want to be unethical resell that phone on ebay with a disclaimer like this phone is being sold "as is" with some shady description but I would high recommend to report it to eBay so they can at least try to stop idiots like the guy who sold you a stolen phone to do any further business.
    04-08-09 05:18 PM
    Gotcha. I have no problem reselling it because it obviously can be unlocked and put to use for someone with ATT or w.e correct?
    Phone looks like it was out of the box, not a single scratch..
    04-08-09 05:27 PM
    you can't get it unlocked through Global support because there is not way to link a stolen ESN to your dad's account. You're better off using one of the pay site or finding someone nice enough to do it for you for free.
    04-08-09 05:39 PM
    not to hijack the thread but I read a few pages ago that one of the criteria for big red is only one global phone in ten months. I had a storm unlocked with them but it got replaced due to some hardware issues I wander if they would re-issue a unlock code.
    04-08-09 07:23 PM
    Hey Folks,
    I just called this number and was rather rudely told that because I am not a verizon customer in good standing for the last 90 days that they Will NOT give me the unlock code.Any other suggestions?
    04-08-09 09:12 PM
    That's VZW policy. MSN or PM me and we can get for you.
    04-08-09 09:14 PM
    Maybe its an algorithm... With enough data it may be as simple as calculating the right number.... This is something I'd love to explore

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 09:51 PM
    If you have a Storm and been a customer of verizon in good standing you can get it unlocked for free. If not you can use one of us unlockers.

You can also come them late at night and try to get it unlocked for free. The night krew is more easy going.
    04-08-09 10:19 PM
    well it still works, just called the number and no problem they called me back and unlocked my storm. whoooohoooo
    04-08-09 10:49 PM
    Whats the point/benefit to unlocking a phone?
    04-08-09 11:14 PM
    Just did mine no problems they didn't ask no questions she just starting guiding me thru the process lol sweet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 11:27 PM
    can somebody get me an unlock code....
    had verizon but had to leave and i dont want to get rid of my storm...so if anybody can help me out i would realy appreciate it
    04-11-09 02:20 PM
2,692 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD