10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Anybody have an answer to my question? I might just pony up the extra money for an unlocked one for sale around here.
    03-23-09 06:17 PM
    You can do on line from your Dads account. Just log in change his ESN number to the Storm when you activate Storm you are going to accept a BB data plan. Call VZW get code then go back in and put your dads ESN number back.
    Any question you can contact me.
    03-23-09 06:31 PM
    Ok, thanks a lot! Looks like I'll be sending you an email for help, haha.
    03-23-09 06:57 PM
    What if the phone is not on an active account? I called and they asked for my phone number but its not an active phone.
    03-23-09 09:19 PM
    You have to be with Verizon for 60 days with an account in good standing before they will unlock.
    03-23-09 09:32 PM
    As far as unlocking to use another sim, does this void any warranties with RIM/Verizon? Can you then just port to a Vodafone sim when in Europe (for example)? Will everything still be all good with VZW while in the States? I'm slightly confused...Is this more so for people who are trying to get the Storm on other networks?
    03-24-09 01:41 AM
    they have released the code all you have to do is call 1-888-844-0395 have a great day stormers this is my first trend!!!!!
    What are the reasons for unlocking a Storm?
    03-24-09 05:33 AM
    What are the reasons for unlocking a Storm?
    The answer is simple. The ability to use you Storm with any carrier sim cards world wide.
    03-24-09 09:15 AM
    So called the number and no problems (they "Validated" that I was able to unlock the device and gave me the instructions to unlock the phone).

I haven't tested it yet but currently in search of a unlimited pay-as-you-go data provider in South Africa. We'll see how I do.
    03-27-09 02:16 PM
    I just got my girl's telus storm unlocked she is now running it on rogers. The unlocked code was provided by ngreen. I really recomend his service if you have any issues he works with you to try and solve it.
    03-27-09 10:24 PM
    AWESOME.. My storm is unlocked... im getting better service now for some reason.
    03-28-09 08:51 AM
    Called the 888-844-0395 and it took about 4 minutes. I now have a Verizon unlocked BB Storm.
    03-28-09 11:23 PM
    can't get my storm unlocked. They keep going on and on about not having an 'active line of service'. I asked for the phone to be released before I disconnected last week. Apparently because I didn't 'unlock' it, I can't get it unlocked without signing up again.

Any suggestions?
    03-31-09 02:54 PM
    Verizon on three different occassion refused to give me the unlock code. I called about two weeks ago and said I am going to Sweden in the near future. They gave me the unlocked code. If I turn on GSM only the finds AT&T and T-MO networks but then goes to SOS because of a SIM card issue.

According to many websites in Sweden they allow for free incoming calls on most of the SIM Cards. Will be interested to see if that is the case.
    03-31-09 03:29 PM
    I am planning on buying the phone at Verizon, I am planning to unlock it so I can use with tmobile, what do I need to do
    03-31-09 05:14 PM
    I am planning on buying the phone how can I unlock if I have my t-mobile sim card

I am just buying phone and not the verizon service....

Thanks for input, I love this site...so rocks!!!
    03-31-09 05:20 PM
    1> VZW Global Support may only unlock the Storm for you - if you have had service with VZW for more than 60 days (it depends on the CSR) - this is free.
    There are Unlocking Services that other folks on Crackberry have used which charge you - just do a search for them.

2> After you've unlocked your Storm, follow these instructions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

Have Fun!

I am planning on buying the phone at Verizon, I am planning to unlock it so I can use with tmobile, what do I need to do
    Last edited by bbsean; 03-31-09 at 05:23 PM.
    03-31-09 05:21 PM
    so should I just get a no contract deal first?....thanks for help!
    03-31-09 05:25 PM
    Called the number on the first post of this thread, the rep was very helpful, no questions asked at all. She checked my account to make sure i "qualified"

When I asked what these "qualifications" were, she replied stating that you have to have service for 60 days, have a current account, and can only unlock a global phone once every 10 months. Since I've had service with verizon from when Air Touch merged with Bell, meeting these requirements wasn't an issue.

She walked me through how to unlock my storm with no issues at all. Very helpful and simple. Took about 5 minuets tops.

Thank you for the number!
    03-31-09 11:25 PM
    i believe the 16 digit unlock code, is based on either your PIN number, or there is a type of algorithm that accepts any 16 digit number as long as it meets the algorithm's criteria.

i'll see if i can work on a generator, but no guarantees.
    04-01-09 05:43 AM
    ok just got the code no problem trying to input it now was just wondering tho the number is 16 digits but on the input screen its askin or saying enter network Mepcode(10) left is this correct and if so explain the 10
    thanks in advance
    04-01-09 02:13 PM
    ok just got the code no problem trying to input it now was just wondering tho the number is 16 digits but on the input screen its askin or saying enter network Mepcode(10) left is this correct and if so explain the 10
    thanks in advance
    its 10 hex

its still 16 digits. you're good. just input the 16 digit code into that field
    04-02-09 12:28 AM
    NGREEN...my friend has the storm she just changed her plan to tmobile and needs help with an unlock code. she had tried getting the code through verizon but they wouldnt give it to her. any help would be great!
    04-02-09 01:39 AM
    No hassle from the VZW employee... Unlocked and no place to go! She did have me do a battery pull after... and stated the phone would remain unlocked....
    04-02-09 12:20 PM
    Just unlocked my Storm for "a trip to Italy I just booked"...

Mainly, you just have to come across that you are seriously going and tell them that you want to use a prepaid SIM card mainly for local calls (to hotels, restaurants, taxi's, brothels, just kidding lmao, etc.)

She sent me the terms and conditions via email and walked me through the unlock process. I also asked questions about data access over seas and roaming charges if I were to stay on VZW while over seas... She was very informative and pleasant to work with.

Just try to sound more interested in your "trip across seas" rather than just unlocking your phone.

Thanks!
    04-02-09 04:22 PM
2,692 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD