10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    No you will need to download t mobile service books, have data plan to get all features for t mobile.
    ok and lets say i only have the unlimited sms and mms!!! i still gone have to get the tmobile service books only for the mms???

and what are the steps to download tmo's service books!!???

thanks a lot for the help!!!

is going to be my first unlocked phone and i dont want anything to go wrong!!!
    02-26-09 09:37 PM
    I don't really need an unlocked Storm for travelling abroad or going to another carrier, however, I have a Ford Edge which has the Sync system in it. While my phone calls, phonebook, and even media streaming via the Bluetooth all work fantastically, Sync has the ability to read your text messages to you when you received them in the car, and Verizon has their stupid Bluetooth locked down so that this feature is unsupported. Granted I didn't buy the car for this feature, but it would be great for it to work. I know that AT&T supports the text msg reading (my boyfriend has an AT&T phone with Bluetooth and we've tested it out), so I was wondering that if I unlocked my Storm, if anyone knew if this would make it possible for the Sync to read my texts? I don't want to do the unlock unless there's some actual benefit in there for me. Another feature I'm missing out on b/c of Verizon is having my custom ringtone play through my speakers in the car when the Bluetooth is connected and I get a call...instead I have to settle for generic phone ring -- compliments of being unsupported by VZ.

Does anyone know if unlocking the phone would help with this? Thanks in advance!!
    02-27-09 10:49 AM
    Hey folks...I just unlocked my Storm by calling VZW.. I had to call twice b/c the first rep wasn't being too cooperative. Maybe a dumb question, but I can't seem to find my contacts on my China SIM which I'm using in the Storm.
    02-28-09 08:00 PM
    Hey folks...I just unlocked my Storm by calling VZW.. I had to call twice b/c the first rep wasn't being too cooperative. Maybe a dumb question, but I can't seem to find my contacts on my China SIM which I'm using in the Storm.
    You probably have to import them from the SIM to the phone.
    02-28-09 09:39 PM
    hey i gave my storm to a cell phone store to unlock and when i recieved it the browser was missing and i cant go on aim. is this supposed to happen?
    02-28-09 09:54 PM
    they said you need to be a member for at least 60 days. if not they will not give the code. i say screw it and pay 9.99 to buy the code if you just activated not too long ago.
    02-28-09 10:05 PM
    i have a question ? is there a defult password for the stroe one the storm my wife set one on mine and now she has forgot it now if i enter the wrong password again my phone gets wiped
    02-28-09 11:42 PM
    Nope, no magic unlock password, say goodbye to the data on the phone.
    03-01-09 01:41 AM
    Just got mine done.. Called the number the OP gave, told them I was going on a trip to Germany and needed my phone unlocked incase I hit area with no service with Vodaphone, and 8 minutes later it's unlocked.

Customer for 5 years.
    03-05-09 07:43 PM
    Called Verizon, told them I was going on a trip and wanted to use a pre-paid SIM card. They couldn't have been more nice and the whole thing was done in 10 min. Don't pay ANYONE to do something that the company will do for free!
    Had the exact same experience with VZW Global Support. Took him 2 seconds to pull up the code, pulled the battery and now my Storm is unlocked!!!

YAY!
    03-06-09 01:36 PM
    How long have you been a VZW customer?
    03-06-09 01:39 PM
    Had the exact same experience with VZW Global Support. Took him 2 seconds to pull up the code, pulled the battery and now my Storm is unlocked!!!

YAY!
    Same experience here. Very nice to me on the phone.
    03-06-09 02:26 PM
    they have released the code all you have to do is call 1-888-844-0395 have a great day stormers this is my first trend!!!!!
    I called Verizon Wireless today requesting unlock code for my Storm. They sent me over to tech support. They asked me for my sim card ID and registered it on their network. Is this all there is to unlock a blackberry these days? I was under the impression there were codes I had to enter to make it carrier free?
    03-06-09 02:47 PM
    Like Mike said in one of his post...be a VZW member for 60 days and be current on your bill and its all good. I did tell them that I am going to the U.K. in a couple of weeks to bypass any questions as to why I wanted to unlock the phone.

The entire process took maybe all of 5 minutes! Not to shabby.

Thanks Mike.
    03-08-09 01:12 PM
    Just had mine unlocked by Verizon and I am less than 60 days - Told them I was traveling for my company and wanted to be able to use my phone, CS person said NP took about 10 minutes from dialing to completing the process
    Last edited by pounder001; 03-08-09 at 01:33 PM.
    03-08-09 01:29 PM
    Hey everyone, I just have a couple of concerns.

My friend from the Philippines is trying to pay me $750.00 for my Storm, sounds tempting but I don't know how to go about the unlocking it and claiming it lost or stolen after like 3 weeks or a month. I told him to just buy a new unit at an outright price at Verizon, but he wants mine. I don't know what to do since the price he is willing to pay me is profitable.

Is there only one unlock code or does it vary from phone to phone? Kindly let me know, as he is very desperate to be the first ones to have a BB Storm in the Philippines.
    03-08-09 02:53 PM
    PM me I can get unlock code
    You can use msn messenger if you have it
    Added you already... Thanks so much...
    03-08-09 04:03 PM
    different code for each phone i believe,

unlocked baby!!!
    03-08-09 04:29 PM
    I got the number that allows me to acces the CDMA settings on my phone because the guy didn't wanted to give it to me due too rules infractions and blah blah blah.....

So if someone one could point me out what to do thanks!
    03-08-09 05:52 PM
    Ruff what are you wanting to get done?
    Access the CDMA setting?
    Let me know and I will try to help
    03-08-09 06:21 PM
    i want to unlock it!!! I can't get an activation code myself even if i work at telus (against our policy..... blah blah blah) so i got my password to access the settings what could i do know.
    03-08-09 06:29 PM
    I know this is to much to ask for but can anyone get the unlock code for me for free? i've ben callin 3 times a day for about ever since the blackberry storm came out but VZW just wont cooperate and give me the unlock code. if you can id appreciate it alot, email me at hnguyenzz11@hotmail
    Last edited by BatHengy; 03-08-09 at 11:45 PM.
    03-08-09 11:43 PM
    PM me Its not free but best deal you will find
    Ends this weekend
    03-08-09 11:50 PM
    i sent you a PM check it out and let me know what's the deal that would be awesome if you could
    03-09-09 12:04 AM
    i didnt get your PM yet, is it alright if we talk it through here?
    03-09-09 12:08 AM
2,692 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD