I have an unlocked Storm that I have been using on T-Mobile. I'd like to sell it unlocked but I also want to wipe the personal data off of it? Does the wipe using the Security Wipe method delete the unlock as well? It was unlocked by an online service using the IMEI number.

Thanks for your help.
    John
    Like freeberrycom mentioned you have nothing to worry. Unlocking on a Blackberry is permanent and will never relock. You can wipe upgrade/downgrade the OS no problem.
    Johnboy00 likes this.
    02-03-11 06:01 PM
    Thanks for the responses! They were most helpful. I have another question that is not related to unlocking but to the Security Wipe. Will my T-Mobile Service Books get wiped when wiping the Storm? A potential buyer may be a T-Mobile customer and not having to get the Service Books for T-Mobile again would be beneficial. If this is not the right thread for this, I'm sorry and the Mods can move it.
    02-03-11 06:19 PM
    Thanks for the responses! They were most helpful. I have another question that is not related to unlocking but to the Security Wipe. Will my T-Mobile Service Books get wiped when wiping the Storm? A potential buyer may be a T-Mobile customer and not having to get the Service Books for T-Mobile again would be beneficial. If this is not the right thread for this, I'm sorry and the Mods can move it.
    Yes they will get wiped. The phone will be reset to factory settings. You can always reload them afterward.
    02-06-11 10:05 AM
    I just received a verizon blackberry storm, would like some help unlocking it for tmobile. What's a decent rate for an unlock code?
    02-15-11 04:57 PM
    I just received a verizon blackberry storm, would like some help unlocking it for tmobile. What's a decent rate for an unlock code?
    Any of us unlockers here can help you unlock it and we all have special offers for Blackberry members (see signature). We can email you the unlock code within a few minutes.
    02-15-11 05:13 PM
    Unlock codes range in price. It comes down to price, customer support, experience and availability of the company that unlocks your phone. Its one thing to get your code for super cheap, but another to pay a bit more and get the customer service that you need if there are any issues with the process or your phone.

Let us know if you need any help with your unlock code
    02-16-11 07:36 PM
    Any of us unlockers here can help you unlock it and we all have special offers for Blackberry members (see signature). We can email you the unlock code within a few minutes.
    "Few minutes" My order has been in for 7hrs and no responce. I guess we are being liberal with that term.

Thank you for your order. Your order number is 83345, placed 02/17/2011 at 12:22AM.
    02-17-11 07:30 AM
    "Few minutes" My order has been in for 7hrs and no responce. I guess we are being liberal with that term.

Thank you for your order. Your order number is 83345, placed 02/17/2011 at 12:22AM.
    We apologize, we should add to that within regular business hours.
    02-17-11 09:07 AM
    Ordered from cellunlock. net took about 90 minutes, unlocked worked great.
    02-17-11 12:57 PM
    Ordered from cellunlock. net took about 90 minutes, unlocked worked great.
    Glad to hear! Enjoy your unlocked Blackberry.
    02-17-11 12:58 PM
    We apologize, we should add to that within regular business hours.
    No Worries, I got the code and all appears ok, but I do have a question

I followed the instructions for Telus/Verizon CellUnlock.net-Unlocking Instructions and changed it to GSM/UMTS and select 2G it comes up Rogers but it states SIM card rejected, infact it even says rejected now on Telus XEV?
    I would assume because it rejects on Rogers as its a Telus SIM card, but why is it rejecting the Telus Sim?

But this would now indicate all I need is a different SIM from a different carrier?

*Please note that after unlocking your Storm, you will need to do a Battery Pull and then go to Options/Mobile Network and change Network Technology to GSM/UMTS and select 2G.
    Last edited by woodzybcfc; 02-17-11 at 04:03 PM.
    02-17-11 03:58 PM
    No Worries, I got the code and all appears ok, but I do have a question

I followed the instructions for Telus/Verizon CellUnlock.net-Unlocking Instructions and changed it to GSM/UMTS and select 2G it comes up Rogers but it states SIM card rejected, infact it even says rejected now on Telus XEV?
    I would assume because it rejects on Rogers as its a Telus SIM card, but why is it rejecting the Telus Sim?

But this would now indicate all I need is a different SIM from a different carrier?

*Please note that after unlocking your Storm, you will need to do a Battery Pull and then go to Options/Mobile Network and change Network Technology to GSM/UMTS and select 2G.
    Telus will not work on the GSM side of the phone because they only have a 3G HSPA Network and the Storm is not compatible with the frequency they use. You will be able to use it in Canada with a Rogers/Fido SIM and it will work on the 2G Network.
    02-17-11 05:26 PM

Feel free to contact me if you want to unlock your phone within 5 minutes.
    02-18-11 12:58 AM
    We already got his phone unlocked and most of us reliable unlockers here can deliver the unlock code within a few minutes if not instantly during regular business hours

Where have you been? long time you haven't been around. Hope all is well.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 02-18-11 at 05:07 AM.
    02-18-11 04:50 AM
    yup. CUN you are right.
    02-18-11 11:57 AM
    yup. CUN you are right.
    CUN?
    02-25-11 12:07 PM
    cun = cellunlock.net hahaha

happy my nickname seems to be UTP
    02-27-11 02:35 PM
    you guessed it right UTP :P
    02-27-11 04:10 PM
    Is there somewhere i can get my bb storm unlock for free?
    Last edited by sashi1876; 03-03-11 at 10:12 PM.
    03-03-11 10:06 PM
    contact us at sales@unlockcellpro.com and we will work out something for you
    03-04-11 06:35 AM
    If you have had the phone under contract, try calling your carrier and requesting an unlock code. Sometimes they will give it to you free of charge. Otherwise, there are plenty of helpful and affordable places on Crackberry to get unlock codes. Good luck!
    03-04-11 12:22 PM
    Yeah, i agree with him...
    03-05-11 08:36 AM
    You can either call your carrier. Most US carriers provide the code for free to certain customers if they fulfill a list of criteria.

Otherwise you can try to enter a contest on here.

Or you can use any of the reliable unlockers on Crackberry that only charge a small fee to unlock your phone within minutes
    03-05-11 11:07 AM
    Yup, and the unlock code you will have from here will be as good as you get it from the carrier
    03-06-11 06:39 AM
    You can try your carrier and tell them you are going overseas. Depends on who you talk to though, it's hit and miss. there are also unlock code contests you can enter to get a free one if you don't mind waiting.
    03-15-11 11:26 PM
2,692 ... 105106107108
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD