Can anyone vouch for some of these "unlock company" Crackberry users? Seems like a lot of spam and I would like to wade through as much of the hassle as possible.

Sidenote: Is there a reason my Storm's sim card is no longer unlocked? I deactivated it with Verizon back in July after upgrading to a Droid X, and at the time it was unlocked. I assume since my upgrade Verizon put an end to it? I also recently did a factory reset to wipe everything from it, would that have had an effect on my sim card?
    It is not the SIM card that you are unlocking but the actual phone needs to be unlocked. Upgrading/downgrading the OS will not affect the unlock process. It will stay unlocked.
    11-15-10 02:29 PM
    It is not the SIM card that you are unlocking but the actual phone needs to be unlocked. Upgrading/downgrading the OS will not affect the unlock process. It will stay unlocked.
    Ah, thank you for the clarification. Thanks to Cellunlock.net I was able to free the shackles from my Sim Card. However, in order for me to use it on Tmobile, will I need use a Tmobile branded Sim Card (rather than the current Verizon one inserted) before I can take the next steps outlined in this guide:http://crackberry.com/how-effectivel...-gsm-carriers?

As of right now, under the Sim Card sub-menu, it states- SIM Card: No Valid Sim Card.
    11-15-10 02:48 PM
    Your welcome. Yes you will need a Tmobile Card. Your Verizon card is a Global Roaming SIM. Designed when you use your phone in Europe.
    11-15-10 02:54 PM
    why dont some one dont just post the codes up so ppl can unluck there ph
    11-17-10 07:28 PM
    There are unique codes for each phone so its not possible to just post the code. If there was only 1 code, or a simple database of codes companies such as mine wouldn't have a business
    11-17-10 09:12 PM
    why dont some one dont just post the codes up so ppl can unluck there ph
    Each phone has a unique code based on the imei/provider.
    11-18-10 12:01 PM
    sometimes i just wonder why someone would need to pay for something they can do themselves for free....i just did it today, as in 15 minutes ago...and it cost me nothing more than a free phone call and 20 minutes of my time, and 5 of that was to get transferred to global support. (this post is based on verizon, pending you have verizon, and an active current account with them, other carriers are probably similar procedure but again you will need to have a current account open and the phone on it to get the code most likley.)

i called 611 and asked for global support team.
    i asked for the unlock code to both my storm 2 and my bold, they asked why. i simply said that i was going to the UK and wanted to use a prepaid orange sim for the time that i am there and did not want to pay verizons inflated roaming rates.
    they said that they need to tell me that they cannot help me if my device does not work while im overseas and they needed an email address to send the terms and conditions stating this. i read them the first few lines of the email while on the phone so they know i got it delivered to my email.

i have had both devices for over 45 days, nor was it even a question that came up.

it was simple as a 20 minute phone call.

they did say the verizon sim needed to be in the phone to unlock it, but when i put the code in without the simcard, it said code accepted no problem. i have yet to put another carriers sim card in my phone as i do not have one. but im jumping ship from verizon soon and wanted the option to use my storm when i please.

storm 2: options, advanced, simcard, menu, show keyboard, enter mepd, enter mep2 and a box pops up. you cannot see mepd or mep2 being typed.

bold 9650, OS5> options, advanced, simcard, enter mepd, enter mep2 and a box pops up. you cannot see mepd or mep2 being typed.

bold 9650 OS6> options, device, advanced system settings, sim card, enter mepd, enter mep2 and a box pops up. you cannot see mepd or mep2 being typed.
    Last edited by sigtwenty; 11-22-10 at 05:01 PM.
    11-18-10 07:13 PM
    how can i unlock my BBstorm 9530 for free?? Im a broke college kid and have no $. PLEASE HELP
    IM:352109.03.518747.8
    locked to verizon
    Thanks for any help.....
    11-25-10 07:11 PM
    Enter a contest or contact your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 07:12 PM
    how can i unlock my BBstorm 9530 for free?? Im a broke college kid and have no $. PLEASE HELP
    locked to verizon
    Thanks for any help.....
    Do not post IMEI info in the forum .. Against forum rules ..
    11-25-10 08:59 PM
    IM:352109.xxxxxxxxx
    locked to verizon
    Thanks for any help.....
    Most of us unlockers here can help you. Send us an email for more info.
    11-25-10 09:59 PM
    locked to verizon
    Thanks for any help.....
    It's dangerous posting your imei in the open.

You can enter a contest to win won it may be a few days/weeks but you will probably run into something

Us along with all other unlockers here can help you unlock your phone within minutes for pretty cheap.
    11-26-10 12:46 PM
    locked to verizon
    Thanks for any help.....
    Let me know if you still need the unlock code, and i will send it to you, for free.
    Thanks
    12-17-10 03:29 AM
    where do I find mepd and the mep2 where do I go after I go to sim card in avanced opinions? I'm confused can you explain better?

Here are the steps that she had me do:

1. Turn off all of the wireless connections

2. Go to Options

3. Select Advanced Options

4. Select SIM Card

5. Hit menu select show keybord

6. Enter mepd (you will not be able to see the typed info)

7. Enter mep2

8. Now it will say enter network mep code

9. My code was 0294875417773351 (dont know if it will work for all phones)

The data is working fine on a T-Mobile but the line has the blackberry data activated.
    12-17-10 05:02 AM
    Let me know if you still need the unlock code, and i will send it to you, for free.
    Thanks
    Can you send me that code for free too please?
    My email is dabud.giovanni@gmail.com

12-17-10 05:06 AM
    Can anyone unlock my bb Storm 9530 for free?
    My email is

Dabud.Giovanni@gmail.com

can anyone please send me instructions and the code for free

please and thank you

12-17-10 05:16 AM
    need to enter free contests to receive free codes or call your carrier and ask them for your code.
    12-17-10 09:15 AM
    My email is

Dabud.Giovanni@gmail.com

please and thank you

Most of us here can help you unlock your Blackberry. We can email you the unlock code within minutes.

Send us an email for more info.
    12-19-10 01:12 AM
    My email is

Dabud.Giovanni@gmail.com

please and thank you

we can help you as well if you still need unlocking.
    12-19-10 01:32 PM
    My email is

Dabud.Giovanni@gmail.com

please and thank you

We can also assist you in unlocking your blackberry if you'd like.

We can send you the code within minutes via email.
    12-19-10 05:32 PM
    Techmajesty about how long should it take to recieve my unlock code? I order about 1hr and a half ago. Thanks in advance
    12-22-10 04:04 PM
    They might be busy with the holidays but should send it to you soon

Happy Unlocking!
    12-22-10 05:07 PM
    If you need help unlocking we'd love to help as well. any of us unlockers on the forums are here for questions
    12-22-10 05:22 PM
    i got it. good customer service over there. thanks alot techmajesty.. hopefully i dont break this storm (3rd one)
    12-22-10 06:21 PM
    Thank you for the order Loso330.

I appreciate the kind words.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
    12-22-10 11:17 PM
2,692 ... 102103104105106 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD