I got this procedure below. Does this still work to unlock a storm for free or has this changed. There are many posts here. Is there a way to unlock a 9530 for free and if not what is the cheapest secure way?

Unlock Procedures
    1. Ensure the SIM Card that came pre-installed in the 9530 is inserted
    2. Go to 'Manage Connections'
    3. Click on 'Turn All Connections Off'

7. Go back to 'Options'
    8. Click on 'Advanced Options'
    9. Click on 'SIM Card'
    10. Type 'MEPD' (letters will not appear on-screen but a menu will pop up)
    11. Type 'MEP2' (user will be prompted to enter MEP code)
    12. Enter the unlock code (898612743071****)
    13. Reboot device
    14. Go to 'Manage Connections'
    15. Click on 'Restore Connections'
    16. Device is now unlocked
    Most of us unlockers here can help you unlock your Blackberry,

We can email you the unlock code within minutes.
    09-14-10 01:51 AM
    Those are the instructions to unlock it, but you need an unlock code in order to use your instructions. By the time you keep hunting for a free code, all 3 of us could have gotten it for you, or you can get it for free from your carrier if you fulfill some requirements
    09-14-10 11:12 PM
    Here are the steps that she had me do:

1. Turn off all of the wireless connections

2. Go to Options

3. Select Advanced Options

4. Select SIM Card

5. Hit menu select show keybord

6. Enter mepd (you will not be able to see the typed info)

7. Enter mep2

8. Now it will say enter network mep code

9. My code was 0294875417773351 (dont know if it will work for all phones)

The data is working fine on a T-Mobile but the line has the blackberry data activated.

This didnt work for me so i am thinking codes must be different for each phone??
    09-18-10 11:05 PM
    Unlock code is specific for each BlackBerry and IMEI number.
    09-18-10 11:13 PM
    This didnt work for me so i am thinking codes must be different for each phone??
    It is different for each and every device.
    09-19-10 12:02 AM
    None of us unlockers would be around for very long if everyone's unlock code is the exact same.

They are all unique and dependent on the phone's make, model, carrier, and most importantly, the IMEI

Let us know if you need any help getting your unlock code
    09-19-10 11:41 AM
    Hey alll,

I called the number listed in the first post and it was disconnected...So I have two questions, does anyone have the new number to call?

And secondly, my Storm has been deactivated as I have switched phones, but my dad wants to use my old Storm on AT&T, so I need to know if I can get the unlock code from Verizon, or if I should just tell him to pay someone to do it for him.

Thanks!
    09-27-10 08:40 PM
    Hey alll,

I called the number listed in the first post and it was disconnected...So I have two questions, does anyone have the new number to call?

And secondly, my Storm has been deactivated as I have switched phones, but my dad wants to use my old Storm on AT&T, so I need to know if I can get the unlock code from Verizon, or if I should just tell him to pay someone to do it for him.

Thanks!
    Not sure Verizon will give you the code if the phone is no longer active with them. Any of us unlockers here can help you though. Let us know, we can email you the unlock code within minutes.
    09-27-10 08:41 PM
    Go with someone on Crackberry and forget about the hassle of calling Verizon. It is super cheap through any of us and you get the code pretty much instantly.
    09-28-10 01:25 AM
    Hey guys, I have my old Storm I'm trying to sell. Can someone get me an unlock code. I'll send you my IMEI privately. I'd greatly appreciate it.
    09-28-10 11:52 AM
    Hi Laxxkid6886

We can help you get the unlock code.

You can buy one here: Blackberry Storm Unlock Codes - TechMajesty.com - Cell Phones and Blackberry Unlock Codes for Low Prices and Free Shipping

Let me know if you need any help.
    09-28-10 08:32 PM
    Hey guys, I have my old Storm I'm trying to sell. Can someone get me an unlock code. I'll send you my IMEI privately. I'd greatly appreciate it.
    We can help you unlock it in a few minutes. Send us an email and we'll help you out!
    09-30-10 11:58 AM
    I would like to enter my own NAM on a used BB 9530 I bought.How can I do this.
    10-04-10 09:23 PM
    We can help you unlock it in a few minutes. Send us an email and we'll help you out!
    Hey can you help me out? I am trying to unlock my Blackberry Storm 9350. My pin is 305AC271.
    10-13-10 11:07 PM
    Hey guys, I am trying to unlock my BlackBerry Storm 9350. I can send you my IMEI privately. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there any way to type on the storm without pressing the screen?
    10-13-10 11:10 PM
    Hey guys, I am trying to unlock my BlackBerry Storm 9350. I can send you my IMEI privately. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there any way to type on the storm without pressing the screen?
    Yes we can help you. You need to press on the screen when typing.
    10-14-10 12:22 AM
    Hi! I have a really crappy samsung from AT&T that just died, so my dad gave me his old verizon BB Storm 9530.. but I need an unlock code. Is it possible for me to still get one?

Thanks so much for anyone who can help.
    10-24-10 04:52 PM
    Hi! I have a really crappy samsung from AT&T that just died, so my dad gave me his old verizon BB Storm 9530.. but I need an unlock code. Is it possible for me to still get one?

Thanks so much for anyone who can help.
    Yes any of us unlockers here can help you. Send us an email for more info.
    10-24-10 04:58 PM
    I am canceling my Verizon Wireless coverage and I was able to get my Storm unlocked by calling Verizon global support at 1-800-711-8300. They were helpful and didn't hesitate to walk me through the process. They did ask where I was traveling to
    10-25-10 09:36 AM
    ok so i'm new to the site i called the number and because i dont have a verizon account i was told they wouldnt unlock(which i later seen in this thread after i had already got into a tissy with the customer service rep)... then i got rip for about 20 bucks on some alias unlocking site that seems to not be found again...

So are all the unlocking sites, shops, and such scams.. i'm just curious cuz i took the storm to the mall and this (for lack of a better term) guy says to me yea i can unlock it for u.. it will be 50 dollars.. well as i laughed my way to great cookie for a 1/4 pound of snicker doodles a guy overheard the convo and begin to tell me about this site and that i should check it out before i go any further so here i am.. however i honestly cant afford to waste another 20 dollars so yea lets keep it real people...
    10-25-10 04:31 PM
    ok so i'm new to the site i called the number and because i dont have a verizon account i was told they wouldnt unlock(which i later seen in this thread after i had already got into a tissy with the customer service rep)... then i got rip for about 20 bucks on some alias unlocking site that seems to not be found again...

So are all the unlocking sites, shops, and such scams.. i'm just curious cuz i took the storm to the mall and this (for lack of a better term) guy says to me yea i can unlock it for u.. it will be 50 dollars.. well as i laughed my way to great cookie for a 1/4 pound of snicker doodles a guy overheard the convo and begin to tell me about this site and that i should check it out before i go any further so here i am.. however i honestly cant afford to waste another 20 dollars so yea lets keep it real people...
    Sorry to hear that. Unlocking shouldn't and isn't that hard, only requires to deal with a reputable unlocker. Send us an email and we will help you out.
    10-25-10 04:36 PM
    what email do i use?
    10-25-10 05:18 PM
    what email do i use?
    The same that is in our signature, sales@cellunlock.net
    10-25-10 05:19 PM

Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. You will never have anything but a good experience if you stick to unlockers here on Crackberry in the future. Anyone charging $20 for a Blackberry code is ripping you off.
    10-25-10 07:07 PM
    Not necessarily ripping him off. Some stores pay rent/employees/phone etc.. so they have a lot of overhead and it wouldn't be profitable selling for really cheap. A lot of things come into place when offering a service to a customer. What is sad is that he paid and didn't get the service, not because he overpaid but because he bought at the wrong place
    10-25-10 07:36 PM
2,692 ... 100101102103104 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD