10-04-11 06:50 AM
2,692 ... 99100101102103 ...
tools
    i just had my storm unlocked last night.. just simply called verizon and asked. they gave me a # to call and that was it..really simple.." ask and you shall receive"
    07-27-10 12:24 PM
    From what I have read around here you would seem to be correct. In some cases your carrier may give you the unlock code for free. I heard some charge a small fee, and some yet want to make sure your account is in good standing and you been with them an X amount of time. It sure would be a way to go. However for me I am dealing with more than one phone and want to be able to sell some phones that are not available with certain carriers. In that case calling the original carrier gets to be impractical, especially if you are not the original owner or have ask for more than one unlock code in a X amount of time. Usually 1 year. This is when a unlock company could be very helpful. If you cannot get an unlock code from your carrier, or you cannot get a second one because of time requirements, etc then a unlock company is needed. The problem is that there are a slew of them now and not all of them are legit or they cost way to much.

I am not affiliated with cellunlock.net in any way shape or form. I get nothing from them that they dont do for everyone. I ask a couple of questions in this forum and as good business practice they answered and went out of their way to get me what I needed. I personally like that and will use them now as I can trust them and in return will uptalk them every chance I get. So yes Jevon what you say is right but if anyone ever needs more or dont want to mess with the carrier they have to deal with then cellunlock.net IMO is the way to go.

Thanks
    Sterling
    Last edited by cbsterling; 07-27-10 at 12:50 PM.
    07-27-10 12:46 PM
    My wife would like to send our old Verizon Storm1 to the Philippines for the brother to use. I've already did a wipe, and upgraded to the new OS. What else needs or should be done? Unlock? Just buy SIM card from PI?
    Thanks for your input??
    07-27-10 04:16 PM
    My wife would like to send our old Verizon Storm1 to the Philippines for the brother to use. I've already did a wipe, and upgraded to the new OS. What else needs or should be done? Unlock? Just buy SIM card from PI?
    Thanks for your input??
    It needs to be unlocked. You can check if it isn't already. Go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card and then type the letters mepd, if Network says Active then the phone is locked. If Network says Inactive, then it means the phone is already unlocked. You need to have a SIM card in the phone to do the process (inactive sim is fine)
    07-27-10 04:18 PM
    hey, my family's friend gave me a storm 2, and its locked. it says invalid sim card for both their and my sim cards, theirs and the phone is verizon and mine's at&t. what should i do?, i want it unlocked. thanks in advance!
    07-29-10 03:29 PM
    hey, my family's friend gave me a storm 2, and its locked. it says invalid sim card for both their and my sim cards, theirs and the phone is verizon and mine's at&t. what should i do?, i want it unlocked. thanks in advance!
    You need to get it unlocked. We can help you with that. Shoot us an email!
    07-30-10 10:04 AM
    hey i have tmobile and my curve is starting to act up so i bought a storm but need help unlocking it i wasnt tryna to pay because a spot by me said they can do it but there were gonna charge me $30 for somethin i kno i can do myself wit help...is there anyone that can help me out ?
    07-30-10 05:38 PM
    hey i have tmobile and my curve is starting to act up so i bought a storm but need help unlocking it i wasnt tryna to pay because a spot by me said they can do it but there were gonna charge me $30 for somethin i kno i can do myself wit help...is there anyone that can help me out ?
    We can help you unlock it. Email us and we'll help you.
    07-30-10 05:42 PM
    Feel free to message us for your unlock needs.
    08-12-10 05:20 PM
    We can definitely unlock your phone for you! There are a number of us reliable unlockers on CB
    08-12-10 08:04 PM
    I have a question, the beginning of this thread says that you can just call Verizon and get the unlock code for the Storm. I have never had Verizon service, will this still work for me? I work and obviously am on T-Mobile, I want to use the Storm. Some people on here said that when they called, Verizon asked if they were current or past customers.
    Second thing is if they wont give me the code, how much do you "UNLOCKERS" charge???
    Last edited by Frankyd1979; 08-26-10 at 06:30 PM.
    08-26-10 06:27 PM
    I have a question, the beginning of this thread says that you can just call Verizon and get the unlock code for the Storm. I have never had Verizon service, will this still work for me? I work and obviously am on T-Mobile, I want to use the Storm. Some people on here said that when they called, Verizon asked if they were current or past customers.
    Second thing is if they wont give me the code, how much do you "UNLOCKERS" charge???
    Unfortunately they will not give you the code if you don't have an account with them. We can help you unlock it. You can email us for more info.
    08-26-10 06:50 PM
    Ok. I will email you guys now. How long will it take to get the code? I let my wife have my 9700 and so right now im in between Crackberry's, im getting the shakes. LOL
    08-26-10 07:07 PM
    Ok. I will email you guys now. How long will it take to get the code? I let my wife have my 9700 and so right now im in between Crackberry's, im getting the shakes. LOL
    Lol..we can email you the unlock code within a few minutes
    08-26-10 07:08 PM
    Hey Cellunlocknet, I just sent you guys an email regarding an unlock code for a Storm.
    08-28-10 06:35 PM
    Hey Cellunlocknet, I just sent you guys an email regarding an unlock code for a Storm.
    Cellunlock.net is the funk. They unlocked my storm in minues last night. Thanks guys really appreciate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 02:20 PM
    how can get a free BB Strom 9530 unlocked code on my Phone ? i wanna us on t-mobile ?
    09-01-10 08:51 PM
    how can get a free BB Strom 9530 unlocked code on my Phone ? i wanna us on t-mobile ?
    We can help you unlock your Blackberry.
    09-02-10 12:44 AM
    Purchase one or contact the carrier.
    09-02-10 10:49 AM
    i dont have verizon i have tmobile and i cant get the unlock code you suck
    09-08-10 04:03 PM
    i dont have verizon i have tmobile and i cant get the unlock code you suck
    We can help you unlock your Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 04:08 PM
    ok, so this may have been answered already, but there's just too many pages to sift through to find the answer, and I don't have much time on my hands.
    So I have unlocked my Storm 9530 per the method discribed. Then I ordered a prepaid TMO SIM, works great, connects on EDGE, makes phone calls and text/MMS, but I have a problem, no data what so ever. I have found a soultion to this problem on other sites, by loading the TMO service books onto the storm. But it seems as thought everyone doing this is only on TMO. I am currently still on VZW, and want to keep functionalty the same, and don't want to mess anything up by loading up TMO service books. Basicly, I want to stay on VZW, have everything work per normal, and then be able to switch to TMO and have data there as well. Is this possible?
    09-12-10 04:50 PM
    ok, so this may have been answered already, but there's just too many pages to sift through to find the answer, and I don't have much time on my hands.
    So I have unlocked my Storm 9530 per the method discribed. Then I ordered a prepaid TMO SIM, works great, connects on EDGE, makes phone calls and text/MMS, but I have a problem, no data what so ever. I have found a soultion to this problem on other sites, by loading the TMO service books onto the storm. But it seems as thought everyone doing this is only on TMO. I am currently still on VZW, and want to keep functionalty the same, and don't want to mess anything up by loading up TMO service books. Basicly, I want to stay on VZW, have everything work per normal, and then be able to switch to TMO and have data there as well. Is this possible?
    Not possible, it needs to be one or the other
    09-12-10 04:52 PM
    I got this procedure below. Does this still work to unlock a storm for free or has this changed. There are many posts here. Is there a way to unlock a 9530 for free and if not what is the cheapest secure way?

Unlock Procedures
    1. Ensure the SIM Card that came pre-installed in the 9530 is inserted
    2. Go to 'Manage Connections'
    3. Click on 'Turn All Connections Off'

7. Go back to 'Options'
    8. Click on 'Advanced Options'
    9. Click on 'SIM Card'
    10. Type 'MEPD' (letters will not appear on-screen but a menu will pop up)
    11. Type 'MEP2' (user will be prompted to enter MEP code)
    12. Enter the unlock code (898612743071****)
    13. Reboot device
    14. Go to 'Manage Connections'
    15. Click on 'Restore Connections'
    16. Device is now unlocked
    09-13-10 06:41 PM
    I got this procedure below. Does this still work to unlock a storm for free or has this changed. There are many posts here. Is there a way to unlock a 9530 for free and if not what is the cheapest secure way?

Unlock Procedures
    1. Ensure the SIM Card that came pre-installed in the 9530 is inserted
    2. Go to 'Manage Connections'
    3. Click on 'Turn All Connections Off'

7. Go back to 'Options'
    8. Click on 'Advanced Options'
    9. Click on 'SIM Card'
    10. Type 'MEPD' (letters will not appear on-screen but a menu will pop up)
    11. Type 'MEP2' (user will be prompted to enter MEP code)
    12. Enter the unlock code (898612743071****)
    13. Reboot device
    14. Go to 'Manage Connections'
    15. Click on 'Restore Connections'
    16. Device is now unlocked

Those are unlocking instructions, not how to unlock one for free. You must call your carrier or buy one.
    09-13-10 10:45 PM
2,692 ... 99100101102103 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD