10-04-11 07:50 AM
2,692 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    i'm new to this forum i got the mep code for mine first time i put it in it said it was successful......but now its askin me for a pin for my sim ...and i got no clue wut they talking about...anyone?
    Thats basically a PUK lock. You should be able to go into Verizon and get the code for that as well. But it has to do with a code for your phone, not for your network or carrier.
    02-06-09 12:14 AM
    I have a Razr2 on AT&T and the storm on Verizon. I would like to just have my SIM in my Storm and not have to worry. Since I just bounced back to Verizon but have always been a very good customer would or should I qualify to get the unlock code from Verizon?

If I get the code is it worth it to have my AT&T SIM in there for best overall coverage, will it cause me issues?
    You should be able to get it from VZW, but if not. I offer pricing that you can't find anywhere else.

Thanks!
    02-06-09 12:17 AM
    So do you have two different carriers? I have Verizon and AT&T, and am waiting for my Storm to arrive. I want to clarify that you can have both carrers and numbers on the same phone. Can they be active at the same time? Or do you have to switch between the two, or even take out the SIM when not using the second carrier?
    Yes I have two different carriers. I have Verizon and AT&T. I was tired of carrying around two phones with me, and I've been loving my Storm so much since I got it so far so I figured why not have both numbers on one device and junk my old crappy AT&T phone. I've actually had Verizon for a very long time and I just got AT&T not too long ago for the iPhone and the Bold but traded both of those in quickly for the Storm.

I haven't tried making calls with both numbers yet since I unlocked it pretty late at night, but to my limited knowledge, I think you have to switch mobile networks in order to use each number.

I don't think both numbers can be active at the same time. When I called Verizon global services to unlock my phone, they told me when I got to China ( lol) and got a sim card there I would have to change the mobile settings to GSM. I'm assuming that to use my AT&T number I would have to change the mobile settings to GSM, I guess putting my Verizon number on hold until I switch back to Global or CDMA 1XEV.

Although, I do think with Global active, the phone will pick up the stronger of the two services but I'm not sure. I'd have to be careful with that because I don't have a data plan for AT&T and I'd hate to ring up a ridiculous bill.

Still haven't played around with it yet though so maybe someone else could give better advice or I'll post my experiences with it after I play around with it a bit tomorrow or whenever.

But the Verizon Rep told me that unlocking my phone does not interfere in any way with my Verizon service so no harm either way
    02-06-09 01:14 AM
    does unlocking the phone allow you to use the GPS features with goggle maps 3?
    02-06-09 01:56 AM
    Good question...

I'm curious about this myself. But I'm not sure because the Verizon rep told me that I would not have data service on the sim card I insert unless I specifically ask for it.

Not too sure though
    02-06-09 02:07 AM
    By the way, I just tried using the phone on each line and called each line (att through the sim and verizon under cdma) and the call only went through to the number that I specified. For example, if I had GSM on and AT&T network was showing through the sim card, and I called my Verizon number it would go straight to voicemail and vice versa.

So I guess it would not be like one device routing two numbers simultaneously, you would have to choose which network you want to use at that time.
    02-06-09 02:10 AM
    im new to this website and i was just trying to find out how to unlock the blackberry storm i already unlocked my iphone and i have it for t-mobile if i can find out how to unlock the blackberry storm i can make alot of money
    02-06-09 07:18 PM
    These guys have unlocked alot for crackberry members. Give them a try. They will have you up and running in less then 30 minutes. Tell them your from crackberry and you will get discount

UNLOCK CODES ALL BLACKBERRYS STORM 9530 9500 WORLDWIDE - eBay (item 250361518881 end time Feb-21-09 05:18:57 PST)
    02-06-09 07:55 PM
    No quite.

1. GPS is unlocked. aGPS seems limited by VZW to certain apps.
    2. Google maps on VZW tries aGPS, doesn't get anything, then resorts to cell tower without trying GPS.
    3. Google maps on GSM successfully uses GPS.

So as long as you're on GSM, you're good to go with google maps & GPS. Unlocking phone alone doesn't do it for you - you need to have an unlocked phone on GSM.
    02-06-09 08:14 PM
    goin to cancun feb 28th - mar 4th and just unlocked my phone!
    02-06-09 08:28 PM
    get ur storm unlocked for $20 and takes only 1-3 minutes at uniquephones.com
    02-07-09 02:55 PM
    I must have bad luck. I called the number, got a female that said I had to be a Verizon customer to unlock it. I told her I was in the military and being deployed overseas. She said they had "guidelines" they had to follow. I told her I knew of several people that were not customers and got their phones unlocked by calling this number. She would not help. By the way, I am a Verizon customer, but at this point didn't want to comnmit my Verizon acct to this phone, as I mainly use AT&T. I hung up and called back. Got her again. I hung up waited a while, called back, got her AGAIN! Crap! I waited, called again, got a male, who basically told me the same thing, saying that their policy has changed and that they no longer unlock phones unless you are a customer and have been for 60 days. I told him I personally knew of at least two that had unlocked theirs within the last week, and he said they must have been "lucky." I asked if there was any chance I was lucky too....nope. At this point I asked a few things about what effect it would have on my Verizon acct, and just went ahead and activated it, and then unlocked it. I eventually wanted to, and now I can sell my LG Voyager to pay for my Storm. I have found that you have to choose one network at a time, so you still have to carry two phones if you want to have both carriers simultaneously availalble. I will just forward one number to the other and be alright since I only really get texts on my AT&T line. I must have called on a bad day, or didn't say the right things to get it unlocked without being verified a Verizon customer....
    02-07-09 06:13 PM
    These guys can get you code quick. Tell them your with crackberry to get discount. Live help if needed

UNLOCK CODES ALL BLACKBERRYS STORM 9530 9500 WORLDWIDE - eBay (item 250361518881 end time Feb-21-09 05:18:57 PST)
    02-07-09 06:19 PM
    Yeah, I got my Storm yesterday, and quickly unlocked it and put my AT&T card in it too. The thing I have found immediately is that I can't get MMS messages on AT&T. I guess I also read last night that we can't get on the At&T 3G network using the unlocked Storm. Have you found a way to get MMS?
    Thanks.
    02-08-09 06:23 PM
    Your not going to get 3G on sim side of storm. Only 3G VZW CDMA.
    Below is link to get all features. Save you some searching.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    02-08-09 06:27 PM
    [QUOTE=ngreen;1618998]Your not going to get 3G on sim side of storm. Only 3G VZW CDMA.
    QUOTE]

I think I looked at that forum, or something similar and I seem to get the impression it worked only if you exclusively used AT&T or whatever carrier the SIM card was for. I have both Verizon and AT&T, and so do not want to do anything that would then screw up my Verizon functionality on the Storm. Is that asking too much?
    02-08-09 06:57 PM
    [QUOTE=FleaDoctor;1619236]
    Your not going to get 3G on sim side of storm. Only 3G VZW CDMA.
    QUOTE]

I think I looked at that forum, or something similar and I seem to get the impression it worked only if you exclusively used AT&T or whatever carrier the SIM card was for. I have both Verizon and AT&T, and so do not want to do anything that would then screw up my Verizon functionality on the Storm. Is that asking too much?
    If you are wanting to use both I think you are going to have to use VZW for MMS and browser and email. To get those on AT&T sim you would have to change the service books from VZW to AT&T
    02-08-09 07:05 PM
    i did it =)
    02-08-09 07:15 PM
    i did it =)
    What did you do?
    02-08-09 07:17 PM
    So i put in my TMobile sim after unlocking my phone thru verizon and it says that it's unable to authenticate my number. HOw do i get it to work???
    02-08-09 10:20 PM
    What did you do?
    Unlocked my Storm.
    02-08-09 10:24 PM
    Unlocked my Storm.
    Good job!!!!
    02-08-09 10:31 PM
    I did not anticipate the ability to unlock this device. But there are a few benefits for me directly. I have a second mobile number on T-Mobile, that I use very rarely, and I hate carrying a second phone around with me just for the times I need to make a call on it. With my Storm now unlocked, I can keep that T-Mobile SIM in it and switch over to that number when I need it and switch back when I'm finished. No need for my second phone anymore.

In addition to that, when I travel abroad I typically purchase a SIM card in the country I'm visiting. Usually just a cheap pre-paid SIM that I'll use while on that trip. The rates are extremely cheaper than paying International roaming rates. Usually you can always find a provider that has very cheap rates back to the states. Ie. TalkMobile in the United Kingdom. It was about 5 Pence a minute (10 cents) to call to the United States, this beats the roaming rate of what I'm imagining is at least .99 or more likely 1.99 to call back home. In addition, you can make local calls in that country without paying the ridiculous roaming charges. It's just better business to purchase a pre-paid SIM in countries you visit. And now we can do that with our Storm.

Great benefits to unlocking it.
    When i put in my TMObile SIM it says that it can't authenticate my number. Is that a problem with verizon or with tmobile?
    02-08-09 10:57 PM
    Called and got my unlock code, my Storm is now working on ATT so I basicaly have 2 # using 1 phone!
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-08-09 11:06 PM
    just unlocked my storm no issues what so ever and test successful with tmobile
    02-09-09 04:41 PM
2,692 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD