Hi,

I have a new blackberry 8110 and I got the unlock code form at&t. Can someone pls tell me how to enter the unlock code.

thanks
    06-27-08 03:14 PM
    goto options>advanced options> sims card> hold the alt key and type in mep2 and that is when you put in the code.
    06-27-08 03:17 PM
    vindox,
    who did you use to get your unlock code?
    06-27-08 03:23 PM
    thx for the response

i need to hold the alt key only to type 2 right? how do i type p(it is the second letter on that button? this is the first time i am using this phone... so sorry for the naive Q
    06-27-08 03:23 PM
    vindox,
    who did you use to get your unlock code?
    got it frm at&t. just called them to get it
    06-27-08 03:24 PM
    hold it down the whole time you are typing.
    06-27-08 03:25 PM
    they should have helped you with that over the phone.
    06-27-08 03:26 PM
    hold it down the whole time you are typing.
    but if I hold the alt key the entire time, wont i get numbers instead of characters (for ex - M, wont i get 9)
    06-27-08 03:37 PM
    ***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1. Go to settings menu => and then Options
    3. Select Advanced options => and then Sim card
    5. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    6. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    8. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the 16 digit unlock code received from UnlockToTalk.com and press in the track wheel / jog dial to confirm
    9. Your phone is now unlocked

That is the total process let me know if you get it.
    06-27-08 03:55 PM
    ***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1. Go to settings menu => and then Options
    3. Select Advanced options => and then Sim card
    5. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    6. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    8. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the 16 digit unlock code received from UnlockToTalk.com and press in the track wheel / jog dial to confirm
    9. Your phone is now unlocked

That is the total process let me know if you get it.
    Thanks. I followed these steps -and got the message - "code accepted". It now shows "disabled" under personalization -> network

Is there a way to remove att logo etc. and have blackberry's original software?

1 - Using the menu go to Settings Menu -> SIM card press select.
    2 - While holding the SHIFT key, type MEPD
    3 - You should now see the five locking categories listed.

4 - While holding the SHIFT KEY, type MEP2 or
    5 - Release the shift key.
    6 - You are now prompted to enter the Network MEP code (it will also state how many attempts left)
    7 - Enter the code
    8 - Enter Return/Enter
    9 - The device should then be unlocked
    06-27-08 04:22 PM
    I tried all the steps listed for unlocking the 8110, even though I have an 8100...MEPD then alt+MEPE did not bring up the MEP menu. Any other suggestions? Also this is a phone my friend gave me. He has an account with ATT/Cingular and the code they gave him is only 8 digits long. Will this work?
    06-27-08 09:45 PM
    Tried this. Not only do I see anything while typing but it doesn't prompt me to do anything. It says I'd and phone # that's it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 06:36 PM
    Bump

07-23-09 08:08 PM
    im glad vindox was smart and called AT&T (what i did)...
    I also saw a youtube video so you can do what they do on the video...
    07-24-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD