Hello there! I'm new to this forum and very glad to be here. Thanks for providing it.

I have a question and I noticed there it already a thread titled "Locked Photos" but that thread dealt with photos that were locked that the user wanted to delete.

What I want to know is, how did the two photos that are locked on my phone get that way and how can I unlock them so I could email them or post to Facebook? I see them on my phone with the little padlock and I just would like to display them somewhere besides my phone.

Any help is appreciated!
    06-28-09 11:32 AM
    Those photos are not yours to email is my first thought. If they came with the phone, they are part of the phone's operating system. If you want to share photos, you either need to take your own to share or go to stock photography web sites, purchase the photos you want to share but FIRST READ THE LICENSE FOR EACH PHOTO. What you want to do may be illegal.
    07-02-09 04:01 AM
    You can go to jail for this, its illegal. I know a guy that got 6 months at Rikers for sending protected fotoze. Be careful kids.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 05:44 AM
    Is the photo locked or hidden?
    07-02-09 09:39 AM
    The easiest way would be to display them on-screen and then use CaptureIT or ZonaSnap to grap the pic off the screen and then save it/send it.

It's been said, you do not own title to this copyright and locked material. I see a lawyer in your future.

Locked files (including photos) cannot be unlocked by you. The are, well, locked.
    07-02-09 11:51 AM
    I was on vacation and not able to read the responses to this thread. I am laughing hysterically because, these are two photos I took of myself, fully clothed, to test the camera function on the phone. Somehow I locked them, but they're my photos and of me! So I would like to think I own my own image and just pressed the wrong button (or two) along the way but I'd like to upload one of the photos to my Facebook profile. Please advise! And thanks.
    07-15-09 09:52 AM
    I was on vacation and not able to read the responses to this thread. I am laughing hysterically because, these are two photos I took of myself, fully clothed, to test the camera function on the phone. Somehow I locked them, but they're my photos and of me! So I would like to think I own my own image and just pressed the wrong button (or two) along the way but I'd like to upload one of the photos to my Facebook profile. Please advise! And thanks.
    The post right above you explained the easiest way to do it
    07-15-09 10:15 AM
    Yes, good idea. So I would download either CaptureIT or ZonaSnap to my phone and proceed from there?
    07-15-09 10:20 AM
    yup both apps are free too
    captureit ota

zonasnap ota
    07-15-09 10:26 AM
    Thank you Jackie, it worked! Thanks krokus for the idea as well ... no lawyers in my future, unless I'm guilty of being ugly on FB! Haha.
    07-15-09 11:44 AM
    No problem!
    07-15-09 11:48 AM
    any idea how they get locked? i had one mms'd to me and when I saved it, a padlock showed up on it
    07-15-09 02:51 PM
    I never had this problem. Pls make sure your not doing anything illegal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD