08-13-09 11:34 PM
147 12345 ...
tools
    I have the BlackBerry Curve 8330, I bought it form Verizon. Now I have AT&T, if i unlock my phone will it work with AT&T?
    10-24-08 08:13 PM
    No the 8330 is a cdma phone att is gsm a diffrent tech. Your best bet if not returning to vzw is to sell the curve and buy a gsm one as the 8330 will NOT work. should be okay tho as u should be able to find one on the cheap
    10-24-08 08:33 PM
    hi guys so i unlocked my 8300 and it says theres no service can someone help
    10-26-08 05:31 PM
    so say I were to get the storm and I have att I couldn't unlock it and use it for att?
    10-30-08 11:42 PM
    I have the BlackBerry Curve 8330, I bought it form Verizon. Now I have AT&T, if i unlock my phone will it work with AT&T?
    No. The 8330 is a CDMA phone(no SIM card) and AT&T is a GSM
    carrier (requires a SIM card)
    10-31-08 04:26 PM
    I just had a new AT&T BB 8310 locked..I wanna use it in Indonesia..
    Do I need a SIM Card inserted in the phone or no sim card at all when you are typing the menu to unlock the phone?? FYI, I dont have AT&T SIM CARD included with the package of the phone..I only have local Indonesian SIM Card such as Telkomsel & Indosat..
    Thank you...
    11-03-08 08:59 AM
    I just had a new AT&T BB 8310 locked..I wanna use it in Indonesia..
    Do I need a SIM Card inserted in the phone or no sim card at all when you are typing the menu to unlock the phone?? FYI, I don't have AT&T SIM CARD included with the package of the phone..I only have local Indonesian SIM Card such as Telkomsel & Indosat..
    Thank you...
    11-03-08 09:01 AM
    Hi, I'm very new here and I bought the bold last night from Craigslist and I was told by my friend that I could get an unlock code from AT&T since the phone is at&t branded. However, when I called, I was told to give my imei number and I did.. They say they needed to file a case since my "imei" number didn't pull up and it would take them a week to get back to me to unlock the phone. I have T-mobile and I spent 650 on this phone since I needed it bad and my local store ran out of bolds.

What should I do I need the phone for business and I need it now..

PS: I don't think it's stolen cause everything was in the box, brand new and everything.

Another qns: will at&t suddenly "block" my phone like my friend said?
    Last edited by Livie; 11-13-08 at 02:41 PM.
    11-13-08 02:37 PM
    could anybody help me i have blackberry curve 8300 from cincinnati bell and want to go to t mobile since cincinnati gave me no choice since im at of there area they gave me two weeks yet want give me unlock code to take my phone i tried online but they couldnt help me
    11-16-08 03:33 PM
    You will need to know your IMEI number (found in Options->Status). Most carriers should give you your unlock code, but you may have to purchase a code from a vendor

BlackBerry 8800/8300 Curve

1. Go to Settings Menu -> Options
    2. Select Advanced Options -> SIM Card
    3. Type MEPD on the keyboard (you won't see the text)
    4. Type MEP then [ALT button] then 2 (again you won't see the text)
    5. A prompt should come up "Enter Network MEP Code" Type in your unlock code then press the track wheel to confirm.
    6. The phone is now unlocked.
    BlackBerry 8100
    1. Insert SIM card and power phone on.
    2. Make sure the radio and wireless are turned off.
    3. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card
    4. Type MEPD on the keyboard (you won't see the text)
    5. Type MEPP then [ALT button] then 2 (again you won't see the text)
    6. Enter the unlock code and press enter
    7. Reboot. Device is now unlocked.
    BlackBerry 8700
    1. Follow steps 1-4 from above.
    2. While holding the ALT key type MEPE
    3. A prompt will appear. Enter your unlock code and press in the jog dial to confirm.
    4. Device is now unlocked.
    BlackBerry 6xxx, 7xxx
    1. Go to Options -> SIM Card
    2. Type MEPD for all models except 7100 in which case type MEPPD (you won't see the text)
    3. Usually you will see "active" NET lock. Disable by typing MEP2 or MEPP2 for the 7100.
    4. You should be prompted to enter your unlock code. Enter it.
    5. Device should be unlocked.
    hi im with cincinnati bell and i have a 8300 curve i just bought they have told me since im no longer in cincinnati but in columbus that there going to cut me off my bill always been paid but the sad thing is they want give me a lock code i see how to un lock but how can i find my code out to enter to unlock it
    11-16-08 05:50 PM
    Okay well im thinking about buying a Blackberry Bold. There is one major problem.. i want to buy the phone from AT&T but my current cell provider will not unlock the phone, in fear of being fired by their boss. How can i get the code to unlock this phone before i take it to my current cell provider to have my number and everything transfered over. I really need help with this.

thanks
    11-21-08 11:45 AM
    Hi, I'm very new here and I bought the bold last night from Craigslist and I was told by my friend that I could get an unlock code from AT&T since the phone is at&t branded. However, when I called, I was told to give my imei number and I did.. They say they needed to file a case since my "imei" number didn't pull up and it would take them a week to get back to me to unlock the phone. I have T-mobile and I spent 650 on this phone since I needed it bad and my local store ran out of bolds.

What should I do I need the phone for business and I need it now..

PS: I don't think it's stolen cause everything was in the box, brand new and everything.

Another qns: will at&t suddenly "block" my phone like my friend said?

its possible ATT will block the phone from being used. Since you tried calling in and it had not been registered to an ATT account yet. They may not even provide you an unlock code unless you have an account with them since the BOLD is such a new phone. its possible it could still be a stolen phone (stolen from a store which is why its still in box and all that...) all the info for the phone is on the outside of the box... most stores keep track of their inventory (at least they do here) with those outer labels... they know what they have and what is sold each day and if something comes up missing they can report it.
    12-15-08 12:23 PM
    if you go to Options - Advance Options - Sim Card and the top says security disabled, then it is unlocked
    That's not where you look.

Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card -> Type MEPD

You'll see a list of entries under the heading Personalization.

If the list looks like this:

SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled

then your BlackBerry is unlocked.
    12-23-08 12:43 PM
    for some reason my sprint 8330 does not have the sim card in the menu. Help!!
    01-11-09 08:27 AM
    k i jsut got a blackbery from a freind of mine. he called up tmobile and got the unlock code and all that.. but here is the problem... it has 0 tries left... what do i do... i entered the code a few times even though it says that and all i get is.. errorcode please wait... also this is on a bb 8100... is the phone useless.... i wanna use my att sim in it but i am asuming right now its now gonna work... if you got anything for me please help...

this is the info i got from tmobile.. my imei # matches and all so that isnt the problem

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
    Sim Unlock Reference: 2848244
    IMEI: 354580015722799

Unlock Code: 2034556722999402

the first time i went to unlock it it didnt have any tries left so its not my doing im just tryin to fix it
    01-12-09 01:11 PM
    k i jsut got a blackbery from a freind of mine. he called up tmobile and got the unlock code and all that.. but here is the problem... it has 0 tries left... what do i do... i entered the code a few times even though it says that and all i get is.. errorcode please wait... also this is on a bb 8100... is the phone useless.... i wanna use my att sim in it but i am asuming right now its now gonna work... if you got anything for me please help...

this is the info i got from tmobile.. my imei # matches and all so that isnt the problem

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
    Sim Unlock Reference: 2848244
    IMEI: 354580015722799

Unlock Code: 2034556722999402

the first time i went to unlock it it didnt have any tries left so its not my doing im just tryin to fix it
    There is nothing you can do. Someone entered the code wrong 10 times. The
    counter CANNOT be reset and the phone is now permanently locked to
    TMobile. There is no fix, no workaround, nothing that will change that.
    01-12-09 02:46 PM
    for some reason my sprint 8330 does not have the sim card in the menu. Help!!
    That is because the 8330 does not use a SIM card. It is a CDMA device and
    can therefore NOT be unlocked.
    01-12-09 02:53 PM
    well that sux.. least it was free...
    01-12-09 02:55 PM
    HI am new to the crackberry site and just registered.I have an issue that i really need help with if possible @ all.I live in the bahamas and recently got a blackerry storm that was originally both through a verizon.I bought the phone from a visitor not realising it was locked and i dont have a verizon account nor do i have a verizon sim card.I would like to have the phone itself unlocked.I travel to the usa and throughout the caribbean and have always used prepaid sim cards when travelling.Is it possible to have this phone unlocked without having to ship it somewhere? Help please.
    Last edited by welmuddahsik; 01-14-09 at 09:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-14-09 09:43 AM
    I am having major problems gettingan unlock code for my orange blackberry pearl. Orange Customer Service will not give them out so if you want to upgrade your blackberry.......STAY AWAY FROM ORANGE
    01-14-09 11:12 AM
    Ok, have found a way of unlocking a uk orange blackberry 8100 pearl to take an o2 payg sim card. took about 5 minutes to do and no leads or codes.
    01-14-09 01:37 PM
    i have a question: i don't know if it was answered, but i would just like a straight forward answer....

if i were to buy a verizon BB storm (just the phone) and get it unlocked via verizon (to work with my rogers simcard)...would that work? do i need to have a verizon contract?
    01-16-09 09:53 PM
    HI am new to the crackberry site and just registered.I have an issue that i really need help with if possible @ all.I live in the bahamas and recently got a blackerry storm that was originally both through a verizon.I bought the phone from a visitor not realising it was locked and i dont have a verizon account nor do i have a verizon sim card.I would like to have the phone itself unlocked.I travel to the usa and throughout the caribbean and have always used prepaid sim cards when travelling.Is it possible to have this phone unlocked without having to ship it somewhere? Help please.
    These guys unlock all my phones even have some in the Bahamas.
    I WILL UNLOCK YOUR BLACKBERRY STORM FOR AT&T, TMOBILE - eBay (item 180322237034 end time Feb-18-09 20:35:21 PST)
    01-21-09 05:40 AM
    i have a question: i don't know if it was answered, but i would just like a straight forward answer....

if i were to buy a verizon BB storm (just the phone) and get it unlocked via verizon (to work with my rogers simcard)...would that work? do i need to have a verizon contract?

Yes you could do that. You need VZW to get unlocked. If you don't have an account email me I can one for you. I have many phones working in Canada on rogers.
    01-21-09 05:44 AM
    That's not where you look.

Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card -> Type MEPD

You'll see a list of entries under the heading Personalization.

If the list looks like this:

SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled

then your BlackBerry is unlocked.
    Everything on mine is disabled except network so is my phone unlocked too? I brought mine from tmo
    01-21-09 12:14 PM
147 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD