Does anyone know how or where I can get information to unlock my BB, I want to use it as a modem on my pc. I have the full data plan (unlimited) and the BB package. But it wont let me connect to the internet>>> help...
    04-01-09 11:29 PM
    04-02-09 08:35 AM
    Unlocking it will not get you free tethering.
    04-02-09 08:37 AM
    You can try calling AT&T and tell them that you are going abroad and wanna use a local sim. They might give you the unlock code over the phone or by email .....
    04-02-09 08:40 AM
    You can try calling AT&T and tell them that you are going abroad and wanna use a local sim. They might give you the unlock code over the phone or by email .....
    this ^

For my last two at&t phones I called at&t , told them I am going away on business soon internationally (I told them brussels / london) and they gave me the unlock code. The first time they gave it to me via email the next day. The second time I did it I had to wait a few days.

Or you can try the cellunlock site.
    04-02-09 08:56 AM
    what the posts above me said... i called them a couple of days ago... they asked me a few questions about my phone's appearance and what not... asked me the reason why i needed it to be unlocked (i said i was going overseas) and within 5 minutes, they gave me an unlock code on the phone and walked me thru the unlock steps which were simple
    04-02-09 04:08 PM
    Does anyone know how or where I can get information to unlock my BB, I want to use it as a modem on my pc. I have the full data plan (unlimited) and the BB package. But it wont let me connect to the internet>>> help...
    If you are looking to Tether on ATT, then call ATT and have them add the $15 tether plan to your phone.
    04-05-09 03:19 PM
    Try TetherBerry | The Web Anywhere

I used it and it was great.
    04-05-09 04:16 PM
    For unlocking phones, this works..ive done it with every phone that i ever owned with any GSM carrier...for thethering, i doubt it will work
    04-05-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD