04-01-11 06:25 AM
28 12
tools
    is there a unlock software/steps?
    12-03-10 08:16 AM
    You will need an unlock code.

You can get one by either paying for one from one of the many vendors (Be wary of eBay scams).
    Or, by calling your current carrier and asking them to provide you with one. That is, if you are not under contract.

As for using it "FREE" on any network, you will have to have a SIM car from the provider who's network you want to use. That means you have to pay for service with them. It's not free.

And, also, realize that carrier branded phones are often limited to the radio bands that carrier uses. This means that, while you unlock it, you may not be able to use it on just any other carrier. Some carriers you can't use it at all on (Like you can't use it on CDMA carriers, because it's a GSM based phone). And, in some cases, you can use it, but not get 3G.
    12-03-10 10:22 AM
    You will need an unlock code.

You can get one by either paying for one from one of the many vendors (Be wary of eBay scams).
    Or, by calling your current carrier and asking them to provide you with one. That is, if you are not under contract.

As for using it "FREE" on any network, you will have to have a SIM car from the provider who's network you want to use. That means you have to pay for service with them. It's not free.

And, also, realize that carrier branded phones are often limited to the radio bands that carrier uses. This means that, while you unlock it, you may not be able to use it on just any other carrier. Some carriers you can't use it at all on (Like you can't use it on CDMA carriers, because it's a GSM based phone). And, in some cases, you can use it, but not get 3G.
    I think he was asking how to unlock his phone for free so that he can use it on any network. Not using a network for free.
    12-03-10 10:48 AM
    I think he was asking how to unlock his phone for free so that he can use it on any network. Not using a network for free.
    I thought that too, but the wording could be taken either way. That's why I made sure to cover that base.

Better safe than sorry.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    12-03-10 10:58 AM
    Touch sir.
    12-03-10 11:57 AM
    Plenty of unlocking services in the forum.,..
    12-03-10 12:45 PM
    You can ask your provider, for example I called Tmobile and asked for one for a secondary phone I have, took 24 hrs and they sent an email.

OR i highly recommend Unlock Blackberry & Any Cell Phones Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net (they are on these forums) and use code crackb50 for half off unlocking. Costs $7-10 after the discount and they send the code within an hour (I've purchased dozens of unlock codes from them). I have never had a SINGLE problem with their unlock codes, they really are the best!
    bpmntl likes this.
    12-03-10 12:50 PM
    The Search box can provide answers, and obvious ones too.

Unlocking questions for the unlocking forums, also, you've got great advice below my reply too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 03:27 PM
    Try here http://forums.crackberry.com/f207/fr...ockers-514098/

you may have to ask for a few days but they unlock five Blackberrys for CrackBerry members everyday for free.
    nodreamer likes this.
    12-03-10 04:41 PM
    Carrier is the easiest, I have unlocked 3 phones from Verizon that way.

12-03-10 08:16 PM
    Best bet is to submit a cooment in the unlocking promotions section in the forum.
    12-03-10 09:48 PM
    Best bet is to submit a cooment in the unlocking promotions section in the forum.

where is it?
    12-19-10 10:15 PM
    i unlocked my phone and updated the OS and my battery life has been draining within hours. i'm not sure if it's my OS .979 or because I unlocked my phone. Is anyone else having issues with this?
    12-19-10 11:55 PM
    The two Ebay sellers provided great service to me for a dollar in less than 10 min from my personal experiences.
    12-19-10 11:59 PM
    eBay banned the sale of unlock codes, so REALLY be careful.

I use SwiftUnlocks. Site's easy enough to find. Started on eBay, moved to his own domain. Good rates, fast service. As always, make your own decision.
    12-20-10 12:41 AM
    i unlocked my phone and updated the OS and my battery life has been draining within hours. i'm not sure if it's my OS .979 or because I unlocked my phone. Is anyone else having issues with this?
    Unlocking should have no effect at all on the battery. My guess is that the OS you "upgraded" to is the cause. Not always necessary to upgrade to the newest release, especially if your current OS is working fine. You can always downgrade back to the OS you were on before.
    12-20-10 12:12 PM
    Unlocking should have no effect at all on the battery. My guess is that the OS you "upgraded" to is the cause. Not always necessary to upgrade to the newest release, especially if your current OS is working fine. You can always downgrade back to the OS you were on before.
    I agree with Heavy Fluid. The leaks always have some issue in some way.
    12-20-10 03:09 PM
    It's not only leaks, some of the "official" releases will do the same thing.
    12-20-10 03:51 PM
    True... ....
    12-20-10 04:23 PM
    I called my carrier and they unlocked it for me within a few hours

12-20-10 05:54 PM
    Go the carrier route (free) Just say you are going overseas and want to use prepaid SIM cards.

12-21-10 04:42 AM
    I have AT&T and I just called and asked for it and they provided it no questions asked.
    12-21-10 02:13 PM
    Not all carriers do this plus it all depends on your history with the Carrier.
    12-21-10 02:15 PM
    The two Ebay sellers provided great service to me for a dollar in less than 10 min from my personal experiences.
    ya i got mine off ebay for $0.50 this summer.

no issues at all and i'm currently using my phone in china.

eBay banned the sale of unlock codes, so REALLY be careful.

I use SwiftUnlocks. Site's easy enough to find. Started on eBay, moved to his own domain. Good rates, fast service. As always, make your own decision.
    didn't know the sale of codes was banned.

makes sense why the seller i bought it from was no longer registered after a while despite their perfect feedback.
    12-21-10 09:30 PM
    I have AT&T and I just called and asked for it and they provided it no questions asked.
    mine unfortunately didn't after a week of deliberation. i wanted to do it the right way.

instead i was forced to use the ebay method
    12-21-10 09:32 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD