I called AT&T for the MEP code and then entered it and clicked the trackball. How do I know if I was successful?
    07-05-09 11:57 AM
    Is network "disabled"?
    07-05-09 12:17 PM
    No, it says "Active" for Network and "Disabled" for the other four entries.

What do I press after I enter the MEP code to get it to take it? I tried it again pressing enter and it said "Code Error; please wait" and then just went away.
    Last edited by machinus; 07-05-09 at 12:27 PM.
    07-05-09 12:24 PM
    No, it says "Active" for Network and "Disabled" for the other four entries.

What do I press after I enter the MEP code to get it to take it?
    It's not unlocked then.

Options>advanced options>sim card>type MEPD while on the sim card screen
    (no text field will show to enter it, just type it). Then hold down the alt key
    and type MEP2 (same rule applies). Now you'll have the field to type in the 10
    digit code you have. Type it in, click the trackball and it should say successful.
    If it doesn't then it's the wrong code.
    07-05-09 12:28 PM
    ****ers gave me the wrong code!

Calling back...
    07-05-09 12:54 PM
    ****ers gave me the wrong code!

Calling back...

Good luck: AT&T did that to me when I had the Moto Q. It had a limited number of "Attempted Unlocks" before it was permanently locked. Every time I called the same guy back he told me the number he'd given me was correct. I finally used a service in Canada - and they added 1 more digit to the ones he gave me and it worked.

Damn shame I dumped the phone a week later - worst phone / OS I ever used: I hate Windows Mobile.
    07-05-09 03:03 PM
    Please Note :::::

Rogers does not and has never in my experience given out unlock codes.
    07-05-09 03:05 PM
    I think he just got a bad code. I've gotten an unlock code from AT&T three
    times and I'm 3 for 3
    07-05-09 03:05 PM
    I think he just got a bad code. I've gotten an unlock code from AT&T three
    times and I'm 3 for 3
    My point is that rogers does not give unlock codes in my and many peoples experience they = rogers does not do this.

So whatever code he got from rogers is most likely a false code and i doubt he will get a proper code as rogers like mentioned does not do this.

Rogers is one of the carriers that refuses to give a unlock code, but i am willing to bet that they will do so for IMPORTANT people like movie stars, doctors and so forth, but to the average joes they won't as i tried this myself remember when i bought my phone back in March this year and tried and tried and rogers refused and refused stating they don't do this.

So i took it upon myself to UNLOCK it myself using some special RIM software to do so.
    07-05-09 03:17 PM
    My point is that rogers does not give unlock codes in my and many peoples experience they = rogers does not do this.

So whatever code he got from rogers is most likely a false code and i doubt he will get a proper code as rogers like mentioned does not do this.

Rogers is one of the carriers that refuses to give a unlock code, but i am willing to bet that they will do so for IMPORTANT people like movie stars, doctors and so forth, but to the average joes they won't as i tried this myself remember when i bought my phone back in March this year and tried and tried and rogers refused and refused stating they don't do this.

So i took it upon myself to UNLOCK it myself using some special RIM software to do so.
    My response was to Nikon1
    07-05-09 03:19 PM
    Well ... geesh ..... quote him next time, stop confusing my small mind will ya....

Thks.. lmao
    07-05-09 03:19 PM
  12. A
    I've read this thread a number of times, and nowhere did the OP mention Rogers. So where did this diatribe against Rogers come from (or rather, why?)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 03:32 PM
    How do I know if my phone is unlocked?

07-05-09 03:35 PM
  14. A
    How do I know if my phone is unlocked?

Look at the 2nd post in this thread....

You phone is unlocked if "network = disabled"

Options --> Advanced Options --> SIM Card
    From the SIM card screen type MEPD to display the options. Look for NetworK.

07-05-09 04:01 PM
    Yes Network says Disabled

07-05-09 04:28 PM
  16. A
    Yes Network says Disabled

Your device is unlocked then.

07-05-09 04:45 PM
    Thanks a ton..

07-05-09 05:56 PM

In that case: I had gotten 2 codes for Motorola Razors from AT&T and they did work. However, the AT&T CSR that I got for the Moto Q only gave me 7 digits (and I believe that all AT&T subsidy codes are 8 digits). When it did not work, I called this same CSR back he insisted that I only needed 7 digits. Maybe he was just a **** or he was stressed - IDK - but he never was able to help me or admit to his mistake. And, yes, I am always very polite and positive when I speak to any CSR: I want / need their help, so I'm not gonna' tick them off.

When I went to the company in Canada for the (paid) Moto Q unlock code, they gave me the same 7 digits - and the missing 8th and it worked like a charm.

When I bought the Bold I just paid $12.00 for an unlock code and it worked like a charm. It was worth the $12.00 just to have the correct code the first time around. YMMV!
    07-05-09 06:23 PM
    Where did you buy the code?!
    07-09-09 04:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD