I have seen the threads of how to change my number on a verizon by pressing ##000000 but when I do this it says invaiild password. PLS HELP!!
    10-01-09 04:41 PM
    I also have problem with email...when i setup an email to my device it starts to lose its EDGE connection and varies between edge and EDGE but if i delete the email account from the phone then it goes back to a consistent EDGE connection.
    10-01-09 05:36 PM
    That on verizon doesn't even change your number. If you really need your number changed call customer support and explain why (harrassing calls, etc)

Someone else feel free to answer the email question. Got no clue there, only know about blackberries with verizon
    10-01-09 06:02 PM
    That on verizon doesn't even change your number. If you really need your number changed call customer support and explain why (harrassing calls, etc)

Someone else feel free to answer the email question. Got no clue there, only know about blackberries with verizon
    He doesn't want to change his actual number, just the number listed on the call screen as "my number". You will have to use your carrier's number for that, I unfortunately don't know any other than Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 08:57 PM

You misunderstood the OP.

To the OP, Telus uses specific MSL codes for each phone based on it's ESN. Try this link and see if you can get it with BitPIM. How to get your Master Subsidy Lock Or you could try calling Telus and asking for it.
    10-01-09 09:40 PM
    JRSCCivic98 Thank you so much!!!! It worked!!
    10-02-09 11:16 AM
    Huh? I am confused. I can get my phone number to be different On other peoples phones when I call?
    Is there a lnk that someone can post that can xplain further?

Dennis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 01:12 PM
    No this is only to change the "my number" when you press the green send button it shows up on the top and is the default number that is dialed when you press voicemail.
    10-02-09 03:47 PM
    I thought you could do the same thing my #help* function. Then type over your number with a new number.
    10-02-09 03:57 PM
    you can only view the number there and other information but cant make changes to it.
    10-02-09 04:04 PM
    im with rogers and i bought a bell storm unlocked how do i change the call screen number to my number????
    10-25-09 11:09 PM
    Should be under sim settings under advanced options.
    10-26-09 04:44 PM
    im with rogers and i bought a bell storm unlocked how do i change the call screen number to my number????
    I had this same issue but with my Telus Storm. ##000000/##111111 did not work for me.

I went to nickdodd.com and followed his directions and this worked. I didnt have the Activation Required issue, but I wanted to change my number in the call screen. I can't provide the exact link for some messed up reason, but I'll just post his article. See below.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

So I've had my storm for a week now. So far so good. A few hiccups, a nuke and a new BlackBerry OS and things are looking good.

I tried everything out stock until Friday when I really started getting annoyed by the stupid "Activation Required" thing on the main screen. I got a couple blue screens while attempting to read some binary data from the device.

This problem is so common on Google that it took me until last night to solve.

The problem being that the version of the Storm I have is Telus and the phone half expects to connect to Telus to activate itself on their network, I however am using it unlocked on Rogers.

So I quickly learned it needed to be manually activated by dialing an "MSL" code which in the US on T-Mo and Vodafone is simply 000000, in Canada however on Bell and Telus this code is different on every individual phone. This means ts hard-coded into the ROM and must be discovered manually.

Here's where it gets tricky. You must install uniCDMA preferably to a 32bit XP machine. You'll need your BlackBerry Desktop software installed first too.

A very important factor must be true for the following to work, Your BlackBerry OS must be 4.7.0.76 (if Your OS is newer it very likely wont work once you get to reading the memory)

Once we're this far get your Berry plugged into the computer and ensure its showing up in the Device manager COM ports on COM4 at least.

Next fire up uniCDMA and in change Mode to QUALCOMM then under setup change the port to reflect COM4. Now this is where it gets important, go to the Memory tab and enter in the starting address 0x17C455BE and length of 524288. Before you go reading Your phones memory BE CERTAIN your Berry's OS is 4.7.0.76! This is the only way to read the memory with success.

Firstly before getting dirty click the Read all button at the top mostly to be sure your Berry is connected properly. Now when all the random fields are filled in with Your Berry's info go back to the memory tab and click Read and Save to file...

If all is well at this point a box should appear telling you its reading the memory...a few minutes will pass and it will end and you'll now have a binary file to read with your favorite he editor/reader (I used HexWorkshop).

What you need to do is look for 6 numbers all together in a continuous string (easiest way is to search different single numbers in the "String search). The found number is your MSL code, disconnect your Berry and dial ##msl (msl being your 6 digit code from the bin file), Hit call, a menu will appear change the Mobile Directory Number that your phone thinks is your phone number to your actual 10 digit phone number, and finally hit your BB menu and Save.

Congratulations your phone will now bear the lovely word Rogers instead of Activation Required!
    11-03-09 11:57 PM
    OMG!!!!!! you guys are tooooo smart... Thanks!!
    11-05-09 03:51 PM
    Go to Options>Advance Options>Sim Card>click on Unknown Number and go to Edit Sim Phone Number. Add your phone number there, click ok and when you make a call your number is displayed under My Number from your call screen.
    11-11-09 07:31 PM
    Mine won't work, it is saying no comport detected :S
    11-13-09 07:47 PM
    I also got an used Telus Storm from my friend. I have unlocked it already. Can anyone who has ported a Telus Storm to Rogers tell me exactly what I need to do to get everything working with Rogers?
    12-11-09 06:26 PM
    Mine won't work, it is saying no comport detected :S
    you have to enable com port in the Bios when you boot up your computer
    12-11-09 06:28 PM
    I asked the person i bought my unlocked storm from how to change the "my number" so that my tmobile number will be displayed and i guess they didn't know cause they have yet to reply, but thanks to God for sending my to this forum, i found out from you JRSCCIVIC98!

Glad you are apart of this community to help us newbie's out! I thank God for you!

Awesome!
    12-14-09 10:02 AM
    On a 9530 Storm, go to the phone dialpad screen (hit the green call key) and type ##000000 (pound, pound, six zeroes) and hit the green call key. After a short delay it should open a page of hidden settings including the device phone number (mobile directory number). Edit it with your correct number, 10-digit including area code, then use the "escape" key on the bottom device buttons next to the red call-end key to back out. Your edited phone number should now display for "My Number" on the dialpad screen. This is for the 9530, no idea about other models.
    01-10-10 10:13 AM
    On a 9530 Storm, go to the phone dialpad screen (hit the green call key) and type ##000000 (pound, pound, six zeroes) and hit the green call key. After a short delay it should open a page of hidden settings including the device phone number (mobile directory number). Edit it with your correct number, 10-digit including area code, then use the "escape" key on the bottom device buttons next to the red call-end key to back out. Your edited phone number should now display for "My Number" on the dialpad screen. This is for the 9530, no idea about other models.
    Just got a Storm and I am stoked (ppl still say that, right?) Anyway, this was exactly the answer I was looking for tonight. It is a bit alarming though when it said that it is successful, and then it restarts abruptly. All is well.. about to get in these forums and see what else I can find.. hopefully a cool theme..
    03-31-10 02:00 AM
    I used this method for an unlocked Verizon 9550 now running on Rogers.
    Worked for me
    04-07-10 02:23 AM
    I have a TELUS storm 2 9550 on rogers network, had the same problem with the my number, tried using the unicdma and hex tool but it is only for the older versions. I ended up getting "my number" changed, by going onto ebay and purchased a SPC/MSL # for 8$, tested and worked good..
    11-01-10 11:45 PM
    Where can I download uniCDMA for mac? Someone pm me if you know please..
    06-21-12 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD