I bought the unlock code and got instructions on getting the MEP code prompt but its not popping up? I'm hoping someone could help me out here...i've wiped the handheld with Crackutil and JMCL or whatever its called.....its just not letting MEP pop up....

I've tried going to Advanced opt >> Sim Card and typing in

MEPD
    MEPPD
    MEPP2
    MEP2

I'm having no luck....

Is there a cable unlock?
    04-24-10 04:42 PM
    Where did you buy the Storm from. If you got it used it could already be unlocked.

Otherwise, try this.....

How to unlock Verizon Blackberry 9550 Storm 2
    04-24-10 05:11 PM
    He probably bought it from a friend or a third-party vendor since he has T-Mobile.

As for the question, all you should need to type in is "MEPD" (without quotes of course but in all caps) and that should change the way that screen looks by adding more features. Then "MEP2" should allow you to enter a proper unlock code.

As for a teathered unlock, a friend here on CB was able to do it the other day, but he didn't tell me how he did it. I've always used the code.

Give me a few minutes and I'll see what I can do about getting the info for you...
    04-24-10 07:23 PM
    If it was used by him and he has t mobile, most likely is already unlocked; ask someone with a Sim card to try it out.
    Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 07:41 PM
    The guy that I was talking about said he used something called MFI. I have never used it but he said it works great. Not so well on newer devices, but he was able to get it to work on his 9550.
    04-24-10 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD