Hello everyone at Crackberry!
    I am trying to unlock my Blackberry Curve 8330 so I can use it on the Boost Mobile network. There are a lot of video's on youtube showing that people have done it for free but did not show how to do it. Can anyone please help me or give me a link for a tutorial do to this for free? That would be awesome! Any feedback at all will be great!
    01-11-11 11:57 AM
    Doesn't Sprint own Boost mobile? You should be able to walk into the Boost store and ask them to activate your BB without any special unlocking or anything, from what I have read. Good luck!
    01-11-11 02:41 PM
    Unfortunately not. You need to re-flash it for boost but cannot go any further than that. You cannot unlock CDMA phones unfortunately.
    01-11-11 03:05 PM
    @freethisberrydotcom - How can I reflash the phone for boost? Can you provide me with a link for something? Even a tutorial? Thanks for all the help so far! The owner of a near by Boost store told me that a Sprint phone is always going to be a Sprint phone and you will never be able to use it on boost. But I think he is talking out his rear end because I have seen videos of the proof from people, just not the tutorials.
    01-11-11 03:25 PM
    And @ jbarbero - Yes, Sprint does own Boost, along with Virgin Mobile (just recently)
    01-11-11 03:26 PM
    I would look on ebay if anything. I believe there was something there...
    01-11-11 04:05 PM
    The Sprint 8330 does not have to be flashed to work on Boost Mobile. All you have to do is have an existing Boost Mobile CDMA account, call customer service and tell them you want to replace the phone to your account with a new phone and give them the ESN/MEID. In order for the native browser, and MMS to work, you will have to load modified service books with BB Desktop Manager. Check out howardforums' Boost subforum and you can get all of the information you need.
    01-11-11 04:10 PM
    The Sprint 8330 does not have to be flashed to work on Boost Mobile. All you have to do is have an existing Boost Mobile CDMA account, call customer service and tell them you want to replace the phone to your account with a new phone and give them the ESN/MEID. In order for the native browser, and MMS to work, you will have to load modified service books with BB Desktop Manager. Check out howardforums' Boost subforum and you can get all of the information you need.
    That's what I thought.
    01-11-11 04:27 PM
    Thank you both very much! I will give it a shot! And if anything else pops into your mind, just let me know! =)
    01-11-11 04:48 PM
    @ Hightack, did you just recently sell a 8330 sprint phone via eBay?
    01-20-11 12:08 PM
    hey i dont mean to high jack a thread , but are service books specific to the carrier or are all books relating to a model the same (eg 8330)
    01-25-11 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD