I used an unlock code that I purchased from globalunlockcodes.com to unlock my storm2. I entered MEPD and then MEP2. I then entered the code when prompted and it said code accepted. I have only entered the code once. Now when I type MEPD and MEP2 at the sim card screen under advanced options nothing happens. The sim card screen still looks the same as it did before I entered the code. This is not the same as in the videos where it shows there is a list of various things that shows up. When attempting to use a T-mobile sim card it is still showing the phone number that the phone was used on Verizon for, not the new T-mobile number. Any help is appreciated.
    03-22-11 08:49 PM
    Have you tried turning the mobile network on/off and a battery pull?
    Yes I have. I guess my problem is that the mepd menu does not show up when I type mepd. Any ideas as to why it no longer shows?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 12:49 PM
    you only need to enter the unlock code once. if it said "code accepted" then the phone is unlocked. you need to go into the CDMA programming menu to change the phone number thats listed.

from the call screen, type ##000000 and hit the call/send button. this will open up the programming menu. change the number listed in the first and second lines to your number. then hit menu > save. the phone will reboot and now properly reflect your phone number.
    03-24-11 01:47 AM
    thanks for all the help!
    03-24-11 08:38 AM
    that solved your issue?
    03-24-11 03:43 PM
    The person that I was giving the phone to decided to just use their T-Mobile upgrade instead of trying to use this storm. Verizon Technical support told them that the newer blackberries are not able to be used on T-mobiles network even if unlocked, although I don't believe this is true.
    03-24-11 04:58 PM
    The person that I was giving the phone to decided to just use their T-Mobile upgrade instead of trying to use this storm. Verizon Technical support told them that the newer blackberries are not able to be used on T-mobiles network even if unlocked, although I don't believe this is true.
    you can, but getting the service books to stay is a pain in the ***, rendering the phone somewhat useless.
    03-24-11 06:39 PM
    hi, i have a storm 2 and i tried unlocking it,used up the ten attempts that i'm allowed and now the phone keeps telling me that the sim is invalid, and when i power it back up it says that my sim needs to be unlock click yes or no, i click yes but it just goes to the standby screen. so i go into options,then advance options, sim, it shows that the sim is disabled,Network blocked,service provider disabled and so on. can anyone help me plz
    03-31-11 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD