I just got the unlock code for my att 8310 curve from att. used my friends sim card from att. att rep walked me thru the steps and we never got to the screen that says to put in the unlock code. rep says we only have 5 tries before the phone will be pernmanently locked. I read on the board that you have 10 tries.
    I tried once without the sim card got to the screen with the 5 items after typing medpd. then typed mep2. then tried with the att rep with the sim card and got the same result. the rep said to press alt then mepd then alt mep2. the rep says that all tries with or without the sim card in place count as tries. If this is so, I have only 2 tries left! Help please. Don't want to permanently lock this bb, it's a present for my son's birthday, How do you type mep2? the e and the 2 are on the same key. thanks in advance
    01-19-08 02:04 AM
    I tried once without the sim card got to the screen with the 5 items after typing medpd. then typed mep2. then tried with the att rep with the sim card and got the same result. the rep said to press alt then mepd then alt mep2. the rep says that all tries with or without the sim card in place count as tries. If this is so, I have only 2 tries left! Help please. Don't want to permanently lock this bb, it's a present for my son's birthday, How do you type mep2? the e and the 2 are on the same key. thanks in advance

If I understand this, what you actually typed is ,mepd and then ,mepe.

You say you are trying to type mep2. You would have to do this: m > e > p > 'alt' > e (which would actually input the number 2).
    01-20-08 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD