The title pretty much sums it up. I called verizon and they gave me the unlock codes for both storms in my possession and I'm getting code error. The rep told me I need to take the phone into the store. Why would they suggest this? The phones are running 5.0.0.973... not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I've tried wiping them and I still get the same result. After I get to the mep2 screen and enter the code I get code error; please wait... and it eventually goes away and I'm left with 1 less attempt at unlocking it. Any ideas?
    Last edited by cowman; 01-26-11 at 11:43 AM.
    01-26-11 11:39 AM
    They gave you the wrong code. Or you are entering it incorrectly.
    01-26-11 12:02 PM
    Agree with Motorcylce Mama .. They gave you the wrong codes.
    01-26-11 01:10 PM
    well I'm fed up with Verizon at this point. The rep called me back and informed me that the phone is unlocked already that's why I'm getting this message.... however that's impossible because i've never unlocked this phone before!!!! I go ahead and put a tmobile SIM card in and boot up the phone and I am prompted with "THIS SIM CARD REQUIRES AN UNLOCK CODE, WOULD YOU LIKE TO ENTER ONE?" Good lord, Verizon support is like talking to the monkeys at the zoo... Looks like I'm going to have to go waste half my day in a Verizon store getting this figured out.
    01-26-11 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD