Hello....I have a blackberry 8830 from Bell Mobility...That I am trying to unlock it....I tried calling Bell & asked them I wanted to get my blackberry 8830 unlocked & thay told me it was not unlockabl....Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 11:04 PM
    You can get an 8830 unlocked for use overseas. It cannot be unlocked and used on any other North American carrier's network. The device supports overseas GSM frequencies, not North American GSM frequencies.
    06-10-10 11:51 PM
    Hello....I have a blackberry 8830 from Bell Mobility...That I am trying to unlock it....I tried calling Bell & asked them I wanted to get my blackberry 8830 unlocked & thay told me it was not unlockabl....Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

It is unlockable, but what they meant was that they would not provide you with the code to do so. Most Canadian carriers will not. Even once unlocked it will only function on GSM carriers overseas.
    06-11-10 12:12 AM
    You can get an 8830 unlocked for use overseas. It cannot be unlocked and used on any other North American carrier's network. The device supports overseas GSM frequencies, not North American GSM frequencies.
    Thank for the reply

06-11-10 04:58 PM
    It is unlockable, but what they meant was that they would not provide you with the code to do so. Most Canadian carriers will not. Even once unlocked it will only function on GSM carriers overseas.

I take it what your saying is I will not be about to unlock my 8830 from Bell to use on a us carrier that uses GSM?

06-11-10 05:14 PM
    I take it what your saying is I will not be about to unlock my 8830 from Bell to use on a us carrier that uses GSM?

That is correct.
    06-11-10 09:46 PM
    That is correct.
    Thanks for the help
    06-11-10 10:30 PM

Correct, 8830 will only work overseas and in Asia once unlocked...so much for a world phone right...
    06-12-10 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD