Hi,

I just bought an 8700g off a reseller for 40bucks but he specifically told me that it was locked to a network and it would not work with our country's network. Being the smartass that I was, I tought I could unlock it myself. To my horror, I could not even tell which network provider's logo it was on the startup screen. It's a blue logo with a letter "G" inside a square (also blue in color).

I will be very greatful to anyone who knows what service provider it is and provide me with an answer so that I can email them for the unlock code.

Thanks!!
    08-13-09 11:42 PM
    Hi,

I just bought an 8700g off a reseller for 40bucks but he specifically told me that it was locked to a network and it would not work with our country's network. Being the smartass that I was, I tought I could unlock it myself. To my horror, I could not even tell which network provider's logo it was on the startup screen. It's a blue logo with a letter "G" inside a square (also blue in color).

I will be very greatful to anyone who knows what service provider it is and provide me with an answer so that I can email them for the unlock code.

Thanks!!
    Press ALT SHIFT H on the main screen and the phone will display a help screen and you will see the Vendor ID there. Post it here and we will tell you which provider it is.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 08-15-09 at 08:43 AM.
    08-14-09 10:02 PM
    Note - from the Home screen that's hold Alt and Shift together and key H. If that doesn't work, hold Alt while you key EACE

If the original network can be identified (from Vendor ID) it should be possible to get an unlock code either from the network or by purchase through a third party unlocker.
    08-15-09 05:14 AM
    you can try sending the IMEI to various ebay vendors and they should be able to tell you
    08-24-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD