I recently got an unlocked 9530 on the verizon network. I had it unlocked and downloaded/installed the service books for the browser etc. The only BIG issue is my voice mail.. I cannot access my voice mail on AT&T.. Can anyone help me with this? I do not have the right information to access my voice mail from the phone.

One other question.. If you do the upgrade to the beta version OS do I have to install the service books etc again to have the browser feature on the phone?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    12-31-08 08:19 AM
    where did you get the voicemail call in number? you need to get that from your old phone (with your SIM in it) or from customer care.
    12-31-08 08:21 AM
    I got it off my old phone (BB Curve). I will try calling customer care and see what they can do for me.
    12-31-08 08:22 AM
    the access number is different than your phone number. though you can always call yourself and hit # i think (could be *) when your voicemail comes on, enter your voicemail pw and be good to go.
    12-31-08 08:23 AM
    just change the voicemail number to your phone number and thats it
    the call in number is your phone number
    12-31-08 08:23 AM
    Thanks Giantfan30.. That did the trick.. Any thoughts on the Beta OS question?
    12-31-08 08:28 AM
    yes you will have to do a workaround to get your browser to work...its not complicated at all...there should be a stickied post about it at the top of the storm forum
    12-31-08 08:47 AM
    12-31-08 09:08 AM
    I recently got an unlocked 9530 on the verizon network. I had it unlocked and downloaded/installed the service books for the browser etc. The only BIG issue is my voice mail.. I cannot access my voice mail on AT&T.. Can anyone help me with this? I do not have the right information to access my voice mail from the phone.

One other question.. If you do the upgrade to the beta version OS do I have to install the service books etc again to have the browser feature on the phone?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    yes. you have to install the service book again. i found this out first hand when i installed .85 OS.

backup > update OS > restore > install service book > resend service book.

i installed service book first then restore and couldn't get the browser to work.
    12-31-08 09:56 AM
    The correct fix for the voicemail question is to find out wha the voicemail call in number is either by your carrier or if you have your old phone go see what the number is that is assigned to the W key. You do not need the sim in the phone. Next go to your Storm and hit ##000000 once in the programing section the first entry should be your phone number the second entry which is labeled IMSI_S you need to input the voicemail call back number starting with the area code ie: no + or 1 Finally hit menu and save the phone will reset and now when you hold the 1 it will call correctly instead of calling your own number the redirecting you to your voicemail and will not ask for your password if you have it setup for that since it will recognize that you are calling from your phone. The other answers were good too. Just thought I'd post the correct programing procedure.
    =-)
    06-02-09 12:22 AM
    than you illwun 11!! worked for me.
    08-13-09 03:23 PM
    i did the #000000 thing and when it calls it goes straight to my voicemail as if im a caller and about to leave a voicemail. and i cant see videos on it, and the EDGE comes and goes, last night it said battery to low for radio to work and completly shut off service i had to take out and restart the phone in order to get edge .. help please!
    12-18-09 02:41 PM
    I have an unlocked 9530 and was having the same problem, voice mail calling my number. I fixed finally by going to phone>blackberry button>options>voice mail> then edit voice mail access number. Click the back button when done check speed dial number 1, it should now have the number you just entered. I got the voice mail number off my old phone. I had to put a sim card in to get it.
    snoboarder328 likes this.
    01-14-10 12:52 PM
    Just entering your own number in the same spot does the same thing.
    01-14-10 03:06 PM
    thank you stesyl!!! what you said worked perfectly, now i can get some rest
    08-10-11 01:32 PM
    I had this same issue with my new BlackBerry storm 2 ( originally a Verizon piece).
    Right now i am using with AT&T carrier. Firstly i had issues getting to my voice mail, then i followed the posts here and put in my cell number as the call in number. eventually it worked. Now, I am having a issue-- if i receive a voicemail on the phone, i am not able to hear it instantly, I have to wait to get a new voicemail to listen to the earlier and the new one is again having the same problem.
    The moment i hit the vocemail key after getting any new voicemail, I hear the the keypad touching tone followed by the message--:unable to reach the operator"

Help appreciated.

thanx
    05-10-12 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD