Hi

I have recently got a new Storm 2 in UK. It was locked to Vodaphone, but has been unlocked and is now on Orange. Phone, text and internet all work absolutely fine. However, today when I asked the IT guy to set up the enterprise activation for my work email, he says that he tried but it does not work as the phone is 'locked' to Vodaphone, and will not work with Orange - even though I have unlocked it and it works fine with the orange SIM for calls and texts.

Is this correct that the enterprise activation will not work on unlocked phones? Or do I need to do something else?

The SIM and my work email work fine in my old blackberry - but I dont want to use that one

Thanks
    01-04-10 12:33 PM
    You must have the BES Plan for enterprise activation
    01-04-10 03:17 PM
    Hi

I have recently got a new Storm 2 in UK. It was locked to Vodaphone, but has been unlocked and is now on Orange. Phone, text and internet all work absolutely fine. However, today when I asked the IT guy to set up the enterprise activation for my work email, he says that he tried but it does not work as the phone is 'locked' to Vodaphone, and will not work with Orange - even though I have unlocked it and it works fine with the orange SIM for calls and texts.

Is this correct that the enterprise activation will not work on unlocked phones? Or do I need to do something else?

The SIM and my work email work fine in my old blackberry - but I dont want to use that one

Thanks
    Would be easier to know why he wasn't able to set it up, but like mentioned above, you need to make sure your account (Blackberry Data Plan) is provisioned for BES.

I am using an unlocked Blackberry on BES and works as it's suppose to
    01-04-10 05:39 PM
    one would think that the IT guy that manages your BES would know this :S
    01-04-10 10:01 PM
    Hi
    Yes - I definately have a BES plan. I have been using an older BB model (provided by work) for ages with no issues. Was treated for Xmas to a new unlocked Storm 2. Transferred the SIM and everything bar the enterprise email works. Took the phone into work yesterday and asked the IT guy to set up the enterprise activation for my work email. He said that the problem was that the EA part of the phone was still locked to vodaphone - even though everything else works fine with Orange.

Any Ideas?

I looked around a bit more on the web and managed to find something on the VF UK website that said that the original phone owner (not me as its was a second hand thing) needed to ask for the PIN and IMEI to be released from VF. Does that make any sense? If so Im think Im stuffed!

Thanks
    01-05-10 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD