Hi I just got a refurbished verizon unlocked bberry tour on ebay and i'm trying to make it work with my tmobile sim card but nothing works.....does someone know the procedure to make it work. Also I'm traveling to france and i would like to know how to make it work with a french sim card once i get there.

Thanks a lot and this is really urgent!
    05-01-11 04:35 PM
    You'll only get 2G/EDGE because it doesn't have the same 3G frequencies as T-Mobile.

BlackBerry 101: How To Effectively Run Your Unlocked Storm (all features enabled) on North American GSM Carriers
    ^ It does say for Storm but it should work on your Tour also.
    05-01-11 05:41 PM
    Thanks a lot.....i was going through it but there are no instructions for mac users....do you know where could i find those?

Thanks again
    05-01-11 11:05 PM
    you Mac people always get the shi......um.....short end of the stick.

ive only seen directions for doing the service book backup/restore in legacy mode thing for windows computers. this is because you need to use BBSAK to remove and replace the browser_daemon cod file i think.
    05-02-11 01:48 AM
    Hi I just got a refurbished verizon unlocked bberry tour on ebay and i'm trying to make it work with my tmobile sim card but nothing works.....does someone know the procedure to make it work. Also I'm traveling to france and i would like to know how to make it work with a french sim card once i get there.

can you make phone calls and texts or are you just having issues with internet/email?
    05-05-11 06:17 PM
    Hi llopez02, Welcome to Crackberry,

First of all make sure that your Blackberry device is really unlocked.
    You can find the unlocking instructions here: Blackberry Tour unlocking instructions
    do steps 1-5 then you will get a screen that will show you your network status, in case your Blackberry is unlocked you will see "network: disabled".

If so, then let us know if you can get the text/call to work
    and the problem is with the other services?
    or is it not working at all.. ?

Also you may need to go the the engineering menu on your Verizon device and set there your phone number (the phone number you have on T-Mobile Sim card) to make it work.

(try use the code ##000000 (dial it) and see if you get a menu to show)

After you will be able to get signal with T-mobile Sim card the same will go about France, you will need to insert a GSM france sim card (like orange Sim card for example) and then set it's number on your phone to make it work with GSM.

Also try to see if the mobile network on your Blackberry is set to T-Mobile GSM.

I hope that this info will get you some directions.
    05-06-11 02:08 AM
    With your T-mobile sim card inserted, go to Options-Mobile network-Network Mode and switch it from Global to GSM/UMTS. Then switch the 2G and 3G option over to 2G only. Restart your phone and you should be good to go.

If not, report back with what it says on the main screen of the phone next to the time
    05-06-11 07:04 PM
    Yes, you can use any network sim cards, after unlocking your blackberry 9630. You can unlock by using unlock codes. It is easy and safe method. You can find lot of unlocking sites online, but you must choose trusted one. If you need trusted site for unlock your blackberry 9630 visit TheUnlockSpot.com/unlock-your-phone/rs10wp2/ ...
    08-24-12 06:02 AM
    i recently reactivated my old 9630 verizon phone on tmobile after i unlocked it. The only reason i did this is because at the last minute b4 my trip my tmobile blackberry screen went blank and wouldn't come back. The 9630 gets phones calls and texts, but the instant messaging, browser, bbm, facebook, and blackberry apps etc don't work at all. It says "data services not operational". Can someone please help me fix these function. Thanks
    10-15-12 11:34 PM
    bnmejia1, did you click the link provided in post #2? It provides the instructions and downloads. You will need to manually load the Service Books because that device is not natively supported on TMobile.
    10-16-12 07:56 AM
    You need to load the Service Books manually in your phone.
    10-21-12 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD