I had an 8100 for T-mobile and got the 8220. My brother wanted my 8100 but he has AT&T. I unlocked it and everything was working fine...... We went to mexico for about 3 weeks and the day we got here it started acting up. It sends and recieves txt messages but whenever I get a call or make one it freezes up. Ive tried downgrading my OS but it still does it [[was running 4.5.0.255]] Any ideas as to what I can do to fix it??? Is there network settings for AT&T that differ from T-Monile???? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    09-06-09 05:05 AM
    Try these settings first:

Go to Settings->Advanced Options->TCP

APN: isp.cingular

Username: (leave blank)

Password: (leave blank)

If that doesn't work, use these:

APN: wap.cingular

Username: wap@cingulargprs.com

Password: CINGULAR1
    09-06-09 08:46 AM
    I tried it but it still freezes...... I make a call and it doesnt even show the calling screen it stays on the contacts, it still goes though but the keys dont work and I cant hang up
    09-07-09 10:04 PM
    I'm sorry, are you still in Mexico trying to use it?
    09-07-09 10:20 PM
    No im back already.... I didnt take the phone the problem started when I got back here..... Now its completely gone its just a white screen..... Trash I guess???....
    09-08-09 06:03 PM
    Don't give up the ghost yet. Use the link below, and follow the instructions. When you get to the install process, skip down to the wipe. You'll need to do that first, and you may not be able to back up your info first, but at least you'll have your phone back.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 06:22 PM
    It was working fine for a little bit and then I went into music and it started freezing again. . . Any ideas what it could be or is it just defective???
    09-11-09 06:48 AM
    Ahhhh, a good clue! Take out your SD card, reboot and see how it is.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

09-11-09 08:24 AM
    It was working fine for about 2 weeks but it started freezing up again . . . .

10-02-09 12:15 PM
    Remove the most recent additions to your SD. Though it's not always the newest that is the problem. I have mine broken into a ton of sub-folders, so if I have an issue, I can narrow it down quicker. Is this occurring shortly after disconnecting from the PC?
    10-03-09 09:22 AM
    Ive tried upgrading and downgrading the OS and its the same.Ive tried it without the sd card and it still freezes up.... Its only when I make a call or if I am getting a call it freezes and restarts..... It works fine if I use it just for texting tho.
    10-06-09 08:02 AM
    Make sure you have no apps installed as well.
    10-06-09 10:51 AM
    Do a clean install. Don't restore anything onto the phone except for the stuff it came with. Try it then

If it works, then slowly start putting files back on..maybe on or 2 per week

10-06-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD